Recipe: Sharpening Stone Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Having seen this very cool looking station next to Gnashblade at Vigil Keep, I found the recipe for sale from Urmaug for a whopping 5 gold. I bought it without checking the wiki for the ingredients, thinking, “It can’t be THAT expensive to make, right?”

WRONG!!!!

1 bloodstone brick (we all have too much of that junk already, so no big deal)
30 (yes, thirty, that’s not a typo) piles of Crystalline Dust
5 Deldrimor Steel Ingots

So the cost to make one station that lasts 5 minutes and gives an hour boost to whomever uses it costs, at today’s current BLTP prices, a whopping….

26 gold, 82 silver, and change!

Seriously, Anet? Seriously? For a freling consumable?!?! Biggest waste of 5 gold I ever spent.

in Crafting

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Yep. Everyone that bought this recipe was pretty annoyed with how expensive it is. How they expected anyone to actually think this single-use item was worthwhile to craft is beyond me…

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in Crafting

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Just another gold sink. Think they overestimated just how much of a sink that this one was though.

in Crafting

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

This needs to be stickied at the top of the crafting page. I think it is not only ridiculous what they did to this recipe, but it’s a virtual slap in the face to us all. I can see leaving in the bloodstone, I actually like that part because it would give me a way to unload my excess…..but 30 CRYSTALLINE DUSTS?!? not to mention the deldrimor steel, but imo that’s not even as bad as requiring all that dust. This is downright insane. This isn’t even a gold sink, it’s a gold/resource black hole…

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”