Recipe: Watchwork Portal Device

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

Anyone notice these are selling for about 7c on the TP.

I though, Oh cool I’ll get a recipe and make some portal devices to slap on my guard so I can play on him instead of my Mesmer, but still be as helpful for large guild events, JP’s, Fractals, etc.

The cost!!!

5 Orichalcum Ingot
1 Charged Lodestone
250 Watchwork Sprocket
2 Master Tuning Crystal

For 2!!!

That makes them roughly 3g per usage. Am I the only one who thinks these will never be crafted?

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

get a teleport riffle for a few copper and you are done.

They didn’t think this much through

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

This is a completely useless recipe… 5 Orichalcum Ingot and 2 Master Tuning Crystal are relatively easy to obtain at the current state. *BUT*Charged Lodestone itself is on average 2.5g which makes it the most expensive lodestone in the game… And 250 Watchwork Sprocket are a) temporary items that can only be obtained through the course of two to four weeks and b) they go roughly for 1s each at the moment, making it another 2.5g you’d have to spend on it. Lately all the recipes they’ve been putting out are kind of useless and very HIGH in demand on lodestones and T6 crafting materials…

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Anet stated that they know that this is quite a powerful item and made the crafting costs that high on purpose.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Romo.3709

It would be much easier if they restricted its use in WvW or sPvP. Then it wouldn’t be considered so powerful. Cuz there really isn’t any practical uses for it in matter of PvE anymore considering the cost of the “one time use”. You’re better off bringing a friend Mesmer or making a Mesmer yourself.

in Crafting

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

^
It should at the very minimum be able to recharge the next day or something. 10 uses – I don’t know. A 2 use portal gun is ridiculous.
I’ll just offer a Mesmer in map chat a couple of gold to port me somewhere and it would be a better deal than this.
I was stupid and made this early on in the patch and regretted it.

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

I got one from loot yesterday… I destroyed it 5 minutes later cause I needed inventory space… sincerely I couldn’t find ANY use at all…

I can’t believe they thought people would pay that much for that crap.

I mean.,… EVERY MESMER can do that as much as they want every minute! it is ridiculous that they really thought about making this for that much…

Should we start being afraid for the lack of “intelligent” things added? I mean, are these the same heads that plan balance and encounters, etc…?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Any recipe that uses Lodestones should not be used for temporary items, what was Anet thinking? This is not the way to improve crafting.

in Crafting

Romo.3709

Any recipe that uses Lodestones should not be used for temporary items, what was Anet thinking? This is not the way to improve crafting.

The thing is that devs:

a) do not read this forum section at all it seem, especially since the last post form the dev was back in what? February?

b) there’s really nothing we can expect from them till we get the patch that gives us the ability to craft to 500. That is if we see it happen by the end of this year.

The bottom line is that the recipes that keep coming out now, all include materials that are VERY scarce and VERY expensive along with some common materials that they “try” to raise the economy of. So the expectations now show that getting from 400-500 will not only have us use the mentioned Tier 7 materials that are account bound (which is in my opinion a great idea), but we’ll also be required to use tons and tons of Lodestones. It seem that Anet is thinking that those lodestones drop like crazy. Lets take Charged Lodestone for example. THE MOST EXPENSIVE crafting material in the game. On average 2.5g per one of those. And they made a recipe that uses it to create two items of “one time use skill” that is not something we cannot do without that item.
Just like I said above, I’m better off paying 1 gold to some random mesmer on the map that will port me and my party members where I want him/her to, rather than paying about 4 golds for two ports that I myself have to get where I want that port to show… Completely useless…

in Crafting

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

I would totaly love if this recipe was for Unlimited usage, or at least for 250!

I could stay in game if they used a tier of crafting which would give u more and more of this portals for the charged stone u use (charged sliver 1, charged fragment 5, charged shard 20, charged core 50 and charged lodestone 250).

Just my 2 cents.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I don’t know why anyone would craft these at this price. They should just make it 250 Orichalcum Ingots + 100 Charged Lodestones + 250 Watchwork Sprockets + 100 Potent Master Tuning Crystals for unlimited uses with a 10 minute cooldown.

It would be much easier if they restricted its use in WvW or sPvP. Then it wouldn’t be considered so powerful.

They can’t be used in sPvP or WvW.

They aren’t temporary items, the Sprockets are listed in the bank with the permanent crafting materials rather than the festive ones.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I don’t know why anyone would craft these at this price. They should just make it 250 Orichalcum Ingots + 100 Charged Lodestones + 250 Watchwork Sprockets + 100 Potent Master Tuning Crystals for unlimited uses with a 10 minute cooldown.

It would be much easier if they restricted its use in WvW or sPvP. Then it wouldn’t be considered so powerful.

They can’t be used in sPvP or WvW.

They aren’t temporary items, the Sprockets are listed in the bank with the permanent crafting materials rather than the festive ones.

I think you misread that .

By temporary , they mean that the portal is consumable , not permanent, ie its a 2 use and then you have to make a new one

in Crafting

Romo.3709

But they are “temporary” since you have a limited time to actually obtain them in the game before they only be come available in Trading Post. By temporary I mean they are festive items such as candy corn or snowflakes. All those item are still available in Trading Post, but there is no other way to get them in the outside world. Once pavilion closes, they become those items as well, even though they have them under regular crafting materials. There is a potential of the area becoming permanent, since they really put their heart and soul into that one. In that case it would make sense to have it under regular collectibles. For now, everything is up in the air.

in Crafting

Posted by: Delusion.6854

Delusion.6854

do you guys understand that you can craft a skill from mesmer ?
its like you can craft a skill from necromancer, for example an item that can fear
or i dont know an item that spawn a turret or something
its a very powerful item in my point of view so i can understand the price to make it

in Crafting

Romo.3709

its like you can craft a skill from necromancer, for example an item that can fear
its a very powerful item in my point of view so i can understand the price to make it

Define how powerful you think this item is. With no usage in WvW or PvP, the item at this price has no practical use in PvE. Item that creates fear is worth few copper, and turrets you can buy for mare karma. If in fact this was some kind of an Elite skill item like summoning a giant robot or creating a Time Warp, then yes, I’d understand why this is a powerful item. But Portal? A one time use Portal? And for 2g at that? Powerful is not the word I’d use. Practical in puzzles and such, yes, but at this price it looses even this title.

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

you can also buy swords, axes, maces, etc from NPC heart vendors… Would you pay the same price for a usable bola like the warrior skill? also Ranger Pets can be bought for 1.04 silver at an NPC and you have a whole class mechanic for 5 minutes. This portal thing is way over its price.