Remove cooking staples from nodes.

in Crafting

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I would like to see a return of cooking ingredients available for karma, remove all the onions/potatos/carrots etc from the drop tables from gathering nodes and make them purchasable with karma. You could increase the karma required 10 fold if required. Staple items like this should be this way, only special ingredients (herbs etc) should be required to be gathered.

If the staples were removed from the drop tables and nodes, then there would be a lot more of the special ingredients gathered and the prices would come down significantly, as it is now, having things like Lemongrass at 15s each is absurd.

Afterall, none of these ingredients grow in the wild, they are farmed and purchased. I wouldn’t mind if they added a farmers market and the staples were actually 10/80c like the other mats from the Head Chef.

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

No more Karma sinks. I’d be fine paying copper for the pieces, but we seriously don’t need any more karma sink since we barely get a fraction of what we used to get back in the day.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gaag.6538

Gaag.6538

I agree with this thread, and it has to be karma, if they make ingredients attainable by dishing copper/silver/gold (which one can buy with real money) it would be just another form of P2W that will allow players to just buy their way to 500 cooking mastery.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I agree with this thread, and it has to be karma, if they make ingredients attainable by dishing copper/silver/gold (which one can buy with real money) it would be just another form of P2W that will allow players to just buy their way to 500 cooking mastery.

Buying your way to max level cooking is in no way, shape, or form “Pay to Win”.

I agree with the other poster, Karma is more difficult to come by than gold, so I oppose this idea as presented.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There is nothing wrong with the current cooking material gathering system so there is no reason to change it.

If you want staple items added to the cooking vendors, that is also questionable since it would effect potential sale of the items on the TP. That is not a good thing for buyers or sellers.

BTW, there are already a good many items required to do cooking available ONLY with Karma, so adding more does not really make much sense.

Getting cooking to 400 (or possibly 500 in the future) is NOT “Pay 2 Win”. That term is uses far too many places on these forums by players that have NO idea what it really means. If you can actually progress in the game without the items, the are not needed “to Win”. Many on-line web based games CANNOT be advanced any further without paying real money for items you MUST have to move forward in the game…..those are “PAY 2 WIN”.

Guild Wars 2 has many “Pay to progress faster” or “Pay to make easier” points but all of them (as far as I know) allow you to purchase the items with in game currencies (not force you to use RL money).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I guess the OP wasn’t playing back when they suspended a player for the karma cooking exploit. It was the chili popper exploit. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1039092145

Back then there were a number of cooking items you could buy with karma. There was a incident where one player found out how to make gold selling the chili poppers. He then advertised this information to large numbers of people. He got a 3 day suspension and several items were removed from the karma table.

in Crafting

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Afterall, none of these ingredients grow in the wild

Wait, what?
You really think that these things don’t grow in the wild?