Remove twilight

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

From the TP listing. Since it should be impossible to put legendaries on there this glitched one shouldn’t stay on the trade post for this long.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Who said selling legendaries should be impossible? As long as you don’t equip the legendary, it’s not bound and can be sold, so as far as I’m aware, the one for sale is not glitched. The trading post has always had the option to search specifically for Legendary items, suggesting that they were always meant to be tradeable.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

the glitch is that Legendaries were never possible to be sold on the TP, even though they are BoE, the option to sell them via the TP was never possible.

however recently in the wintersday patch Twilight, The Moot and Incinerator can all be found in the TP listing.

most likely a bug with the system.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

Legendaries are BOE, BOE items can be put up for auction.

Now id prefer theyd make em account bound instead, but there is no glitch here.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: euphoria.2495

euphoria.2495

It’s always been possible to list legendaries, it’s just that nobody has listed any until now.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: AusterlitZ.7941

AusterlitZ.7941

the reason they weren’t posted before was that there was a sell gold amount limit,that limit is much higher now

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

/facepalm!

I second that Legendaries should be account bound, even after being equipped. With all that hard work, it should be tradeable b/t my characters.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

the glitch is that Legendaries were never possible to be sold on the TP, even though they are BoE, the option to sell them via the TP was never possible.

however recently in the wintersday patch Twilight, The Moot and Incinerator can all be found in the TP listing.

most likely a bug with the system.

Did you actually have a legendary in your inventory, that you had not yet equipped, and try unsuccessfully to list it on the TP? Or are you just making a statement based on wishes and assumptions?

If you did fail to list an unbound Legendary, then ‘that’ was the bug.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

A funny story:

The day that Twilight was put up on the TP was the same day I finished the Incinerator. I didn’t think it was possible either. So the minute I forged my legendary I accidentally posted it for 1 copper to test it out thinking it wouldn’t work.

I freaked out and fumbled for 10 seconds to unlist it but if some lucky person had been monitoring it they could’ve gotten my Incinerator for 1 copper.

From the stories I’ve read I think everybody gets durpy the closer they are to finishing their legendary. I’m pretty certain my mistake is why the Incinerator is shown in the TP results now.

Any ways, it’s possible and clearly intended to post legendaries on the TP. I agree it’s lame though.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Did you actually have a legendary in your inventory, that you had not yet equipped, and try unsuccessfully to list it on the TP? Or are you just making a statement based on wishes and assumptions?

yes i did.

and explain to me why only the 3 legendaries i mentioned show up on the TP database, yet none of the others do, bare in mind that the TP will list almost every item in the game including Account Bound things like Lemons, or even items you cannot obtain like Caladbolg.

the other legendaries do not exist there because they by design were never intended to be sold via the TP.
Mail was always legitamate and is a seperate system from the TP.

the legendary i have btw is Juggernaut

Attachments:

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

A funny story:

The day that Twilight was put up on the TP was the same day I finished the Incinerator. I didn’t think it was possible either. So the minute I forged my legendary I accidentally posted it for 1 copper to test it out thinking it wouldn’t work.

I freaked out and fumbled for 10 seconds to unlist it but if some lucky person had been monitoring it they could’ve gotten my Incinerator for 1 copper.

From the stories I’ve read I think everybody gets durpy the closer they are to finishing their legendary. I’m pretty certain my mistake is why the Incinerator is shown in the TP results now.

Any ways, it’s possible and clearly intended to post legendaries on the TP. I agree it’s lame though.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL, oh man. In those short 10 seconds I would go mental. The loading screens would feel like an eternity.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Perhaps the person wanted to sell it and with that money could buy more precursor materials to make more legendaries. It is a good business tactic. The only problem is – who will bite to buy it lol.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Items do not show up on the TP until they have been listed at least once.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: SpedalFlux.1520

SpedalFlux.1520

on a different note, Anet have you have ANY idea how insanely big of a put off the amount of gold is? with 2100g buy offer, i bet 99% of the players can only dream of having that much, with the average player like me only owning 30g, when i saw the 2100g it was extremely depressing and put me off the game so much, knowing that someone can easily buy from gold sellers and get anything they want whilst we here farm for months and can barely afford a precursor.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

on a different note, Anet have you have ANY idea how insanely big of a put off the amount of gold is? with 2100g buy offer, i bet 99% of the players can only dream of having that much, with the average player like me only owning 30g, when i saw the 2100g it was extremely depressing and put me off the game so much, knowing that someone can easily buy from gold sellers and get anything they want whilst we here farm for months and can barely afford a precursor.

You’re forgetting that Guild Wars 2 is different from Guild Wars 1. Whereas the message used to be “people who sell ingame gold for real money are scum” it is now “people who sell ingame gold for real money are scum, except when we do it”

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

yes i did.

and explain to me why only the 3 legendaries i mentioned show up on the TP database, yet none of the others do, bare in mind that the TP will list almost every item in the game including Account Bound things like Lemons, or even items you cannot obtain like Caladbolg.

the other legendaries do not exist there because they by design were never intended to be sold via the TP.

it is simple…items don’t show up in tp unless they are listed. and the items you mentioned ie lemon were trad able in the past. which is why it still exists in the trading post.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

I was able to list my Sunrise prior to the wintersday patch (granted I did not actually press sell). I had the interface open with it in the sell box for setting prices. No one ever tried to list them, that is why we never saw them there before. There is even a legendary sort function on the TP for searching.

(edited by Condas.7056)

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

The thing I don’t understand with Twilight on the TP right now is someone actually paid the listing fee for a 9500g item…The listing fee costs you 5% of the price up front. 5% of 9500g is 475g.

Someone paid 475g just to post an item that will never sell?

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Condas.7056

The thing I don’t understand with Twilight on the TP right now is someone actually paid the listing fee for a 9500g item…The listing fee costs you 5% of the price up front. 5% of 9500g is 475g.

I thought it was odd they posted so high. I don’t see anyone paying that much, regardless of it being a legendary.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Dao Jones.6720

Dao Jones.6720

I was tempted to list The Dreamer right after I finished it. Probably only for ~1000 gold; (un)fortunately for me, I didn’t have the posting price.

Had someone had an offer up on The Dreamer for that much gold I would definitely have sold it.

You can definitely sell them, though. I think you shouldn’t be able to, but you can for now, at least.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Thats only 475000 gems if you can swap them while gems are 2g for 100 working as intended?

Ulfar SOR

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

This smacks of dev play or some confirmed gold farmer.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Whatever the case, the items don’t deserve to be called legendary anymore. Major fail on Anet’s part. Not sure I even want sunrise anymore. It’s just a glorified gold grind and now it’s full on p2w.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

I can’t understand why people place so much significance on the word “legendary”, a name is just a name.

The legendaries were always a glorified grind for pretty skins, they never made you special for having one. P2W is always an option, if you have money nothing stops you from simply hiring someone to play the game for you.

Many attitudes I’ve seen on this topic remind me of the hipster stereotype that can’t enjoy music if it’s popular.

Just appreciate things for what they are, discard the worthless and distracting social metadata.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: GrandMaster.6195

GrandMaster.6195

Legendaries are BOE, BOE items can be put up for auction.

Now id prefer theyd make em account bound instead, but there is no glitch here.

They actually are account bound, even tho it doesn’t say that, (i might be wrong tho)

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s funny to see people posting terms like Pay 2 Win, when the Legendaries in question are the same max stats of other fully available Exotics (and soon to be Ascended).

Mostly they are just too jealous that they’ll never be able to afford to make one, let alone buy one. Jealously tends to make people rage at Anet.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Condas.7056

Bifrost is now up as well.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

It’s funny to see people posting terms like Pay 2 Win, when the Legendaries in question are the same max stats of other fully available Exotics (and soon to be Ascended).

Mostly they are just too jealous that they’ll never be able to afford to make one, let alone buy one. Jealously tends to make people rage at Anet.

Exotics will not get scaled up in stats. A new tier of weapons for people to chase will be released. A legendary is simply guaranteed to be a bis item no matter how much additional grind, um, progression they want to throw at us.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Of course a new tier of weapons will be released. Your usual player needs goals to chase, and gear is #1 goal in theme park games. Nothing weird there. And it’s not P2W. P2W is when you can buy exclusive character buffs/gear ONLY for real world money. In this game there is nothing stopping you from investing your time and effort instead.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Remove twilight

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

Either way, it’s not legendary if all you do is buy it off the TP. It’s not good enough. Anet can do better.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Why is everyone making such a big deal about this? If you had played the game since beta/launch you would notice that there was a “Legendary” tab to buy legendary items which should have given you a hint that they could be sold, it has already been confirmed that this is not a glitch. If you want to justify hours of endless farming (and it would be longer if you hard to farm your own lodestones/core) which does not equate skill then keep qq’ing. A legendary means nothing but just time/money committed to the game, that is all.

As a side note I’m curious about the people seriously bothered by this actually have 1* legendary because a friend and myself included always laugh that someone would sell their legendary after the work to get it. You have no reason to complain if you don’t even understand the amount of time to put in to get it, I’m not bothered with it.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Well, technically, you could get a guild to focus on manufacturing legendaries meant for sale on TP… the time/effort investment per member would not be nearly so demanding and the generated income would then be easily spent on all kinds of other stuff, like being filthy rich and smoking really fat cigars handrolled by personal Asura slaves…

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

Its not a glitch Gaile Gray confirmed on another thread this is intended.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

I hope I don’t end up just ranting…

When the game launched, the TP had a search filter for legendaries. I have long always accepted that legendaries can probably be sold and traded on the TP, which I am perfectly happy with.

Why? That is because we were also sold on the idea that there is no special tier of stats for the legendary. We all assumed exotics and legendaries had the same stat tier. All you got out of a legendary is a skin to parade yourself with.

That’s now changed. Ascended gear guaranteed that. Legendaries are now always going to be the BiS weapon. The legendary chase is just going to get rougher now.

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Dispari.3980

Dispari.3980

I hope I don’t end up just ranting…

When the game launched, the TP had a search filter for legendaries. I have long always accepted that legendaries can probably be sold and traded on the TP, which I am perfectly happy with.

Why? That is because we were also sold on the idea that there is no special tier of stats for the legendary. We all assumed exotics and legendaries had the same stat tier. All you got out of a legendary is a skin to parade yourself with.

That’s now changed. Ascended gear guaranteed that. Legendaries are now always going to be the BiS weapon. The legendary chase is just going to get rougher now.

Legendaries will just have ascended stats. You can just get an ascended weapon. Legendaries will still have no advantage, other than not having to upgrade. But for the huge amount of effort required to get a legendary, it’s not really a shortcut or a time-saver.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Tank The Lord.4790

Tank The Lord.4790

1st, You guys do relize that in the “show filters” on trading post there has been a “legendary” selection in rarity since game release. Why would they have that if it they were not supposed to be allowed on the TP? 2nd, WHO CARES ????

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

It’s always been possible to list legendaries, it’s just that nobody has listed any until now.

Are you talking from experience? I made an Incinerator before the Wintersday patch, for a laugh I had a look to see if I could list it on the TP even though I had no intention of doing so. It did not show up in my sell list.

I don’t see why it’s a problem to be able to sell them though or how it affects the OP or anyone else, if someone is silly enough to pay that much for a legendary then they should be laughed at, you can make several legendaries for the 9.8k list price.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

yes i did.

because untill an object is posted atleast once on the trade post it dosent show up…

before someone posted a twilight you couldnt find a twilight by searching

no one has posted a juggernaut yet so it wont show up on the AH, when someone does, it will.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

lol, someone lists ONE legendary for a price well outside pretty much anyone’s price range, and suddenly they’re “not legendary”?

In fiction, the legendary weapon is pretty much never forged by the hero. It’s forged by a master craftsman, an individual who’s name is legend, but who does not go forth and do battle, himself. Breaking up the functions of making and using does not make them not legendary.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

Exotics will not get scaled up in stats. A new tier of weapons for people to chase will be released. A legendary is simply guaranteed to be a bis item no matter how much additional grind, um, progression they want to throw at us.

I’m not talking about Exotics scaling. I’m talking about how Legendaries are scaled to Exotic levels currently, and will later increase when Ascended weapons come out.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

I disagree w/ this.

If someone wants to sell a BOE item, let them have the ability to do so freely. They’re the ones that worked their butt off for the item, what gives anyone the right to tell them what they can or cannot do w/ a BOE item?

That sounds like our govt. telling us how to live our lives under a free state… oh wait… ya.

No, we don’t need any more holding of our hands. Let the Twilight stay up until either the user brings it down or it gets sold.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

^ See? At least some ppl are smart around here. For a while I thought I was the only one who knew this.

Jealousy is bad guys. Just have patience and you’ll get your legendary… just in a year timeframe, not in a week timeframe.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

Not sure why anyone would want to go through the process when you can just save your pennies and buy one with gold. OMG such an epic process.

If I wasn’t half way done, I’d just ignore them all together. No reason to be proud of your legendary anymore. Everyone assumes you bought it.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

Not sure why anyone would want to go through the process when you can just save your pennies and buy one with gold. OMG such an epic process.

If I wasn’t half way done, I’d just ignore them all together. No reason to be proud of your legendary anymore. Everyone assumes you bought it.

Yes because its easyer to make 2000+ gold than just farm 1M karma, 300 skill points, 500 wvw badges, few dungs tokens + few golds … NOT

Jealousy for the win here. I am on my way to craft my second legendary and I knew from release they are Soulbound on Use so you can trade them/sell them and I didnt care and I dont care now. If someone really has such a big amount of money, be my guess and buy it I wont think anything bad about you, infact I would envy you how much money you got.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

Yes because its easyer to make 2000+ gold than just farm 1M karma, 300 skill points, 500 wvw badges, few dungs tokens + few golds … NOT

Jealousy for the win here. I am on my way to craft my second legendary and I knew from release they are Soulbound on Use so you can trade them/sell them and I didnt care and I dont care now. If someone really has such a big amount of money, be my guess and buy it I wont think anything bad about you, infact I would envy you how much money you got.

Don’t let people know you’re in the middle of your 2nd Legendary. Their jealousy might make you a target for trolling.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

I really don’t care what anyone else thinks on the matter. The fact that they can be posted on the TP just made the whole process tainted in my eye. I’m still going forward, but only because it’s the only endgame in GW2.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

I really don’t care what anyone else thinks on the matter. The fact that they can be posted on the TP just made the whole process tainted in my eye. I’m still going forward, but only because it’s the only endgame in GW2.

If you purchase a single mat from the TP in order to further your Legendary progress, then you just made your complaint invalid. And if you said that all T6 mats and other Legendary components should be taken off the TP, that would be something else.

As for End Game, there’s SPvP and WvW. Both are extremely fun.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

I wish if we had a precursor drop (which I did) and it wasn’t for ur class there would be some sort of Npc trading system that lets us get the precursor for our respective classes. It is kinda like a claim ticket the the wintersday mystery box has.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

If you purchase a single mat from the TP in order to further your Legendary progress, then you just made your complaint invalid. And if you said that all T6 mats and other Legendary components should be taken off the TP, that would be something else.

As for End Game, there’s SPvP and WvW. Both are extremely fun.

Buying one component and buying the whole thing are not the same, lmao if you think it is. All that account bound stuff I’ve been working on. That progress shouldn’t be buyable.

Remove twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Celyth.3085

Celyth.3085

Ohh yea, because people who made legendaries actually spent time to grab all the lodestones and T6 mats, rite?

Never seen so many babies, spend time/money to get gold to outright buy the legendary, or spend time/gold to forge the legendary. The more options the better.
So what? The only thing they haven’t done was get karma-clovers, skill points, and world completion?

I read somewhere buy-to-win too? lol, 2 funny. <insert lolplease meme>