Rich mineral nodes broken after latest patch

in Crafting

Posted by: aeroh.8930

aeroh.8930

Every rich mineral node I’ve come across since the Oct 1st patch has only given 3 outputs, the same amount for normal nodes. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

in Crafting

Posted by: Faramir.3582

Faramir.3582

Should be a bug.For me rich mithril nodes(have not been in lower level areas for some time) still reward same amount of 10.Sometimes both normal/rich even give additional piece-3+1 for normal,10+1 for rich.Encountered a bugged guess ori node in Cursed Shore which gave me only 2 instead of 3 ores.Also yesterday harvested a whole 8 pieces from same orian truffel node in Cursed Shore.

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

ooooh! oh yea i experienced htis! I was fighting some mobs so I thought it was over, but yea, I was only able to harvest x2.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morkath.9702

Morkath.9702

I’ve probably mined over 20,000 copper since game start, more because it held a decent price and I find mining and helping newbies whilst watching movies in between playing the Market to be fairly relaxing.

They have a very long reset timer, not sure on the exact numbers but it’s not more than once or twice a day.

They always yield the correct amount unless you mined it but didn’t finish it off. I’ve done this a couple of times, it seems if you don’t deplete it then it will remain in a near depleted state for the next time you return unless there has been a downtime.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kethryes.5712

Kethryes.5712

Yes I found a rich orichalcum node (first time I see one !) and i got only 3 go at it, not the usual 10. No need to say I was very disapointed :-/
(I was not in combat, I did not interupt the mining or anything).
People in my group had the same thing on that node.

I will have to try if it is now like this for all rich nodes

in Crafting

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I harvested rich mithril a few minutes ago and it seemed normal.

in Crafting

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

Yes I found a rich orichalcum node (first time I see one !) and i got only 3 go at it, not the usual 10. No need to say I was very disapointed :-/
(I was not in combat, I did not interupt the mining or anything).
People in my group had the same thing on that node.

I will have to try if it is now like this for all rich nodes

Rich ori node ??? Where did you find that one if i might ask ?

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

in Crafting

Kethryes.5712

WvWvW Jumping puzzle in the Eternal Battlegrounds

in Crafting

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I like those moments when a bunch of people go in there, all come across each other face to face, and it’s like… well… if nobody makes any sudden moves, we can all explore/gather in peace…

in Crafting

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

I’m looking into this. Thanks for the reports, guys!

Lead Designer – Living World

in Crafting

Kethryes.5712

@LameFox: and then a guy misclics and start an auto attack and the massacre begins XD

@Linsey : Great ! Can I have an additional 7 orichalcum as compensation?… Just kidding

in Crafting

Posted by: Pie Formation.8196

Pie Formation.8196

Should be a bug.For me rich mithril nodes(have not been in lower level areas for some time) still reward same amount of 10.Sometimes both normal/rich even give additional piece-3+1 for normal,10+1 for rich.Encountered a bugged guess ori node in Cursed Shore which gave me only 2 instead of 3 ores.Also yesterday harvested a whole 8 pieces from same orian truffel node in Cursed Shore.

The extra uses are from world vs world match bonuses – one of them gives a % chance for extra gathering node uses.

Miyazawa Kengo — Nefarious Mushroom Plan [gasp] — Stormbluff Isle
“Come! Break your weapons upon me!”

in Crafting

Posted by: Sajuuk.5706

Sajuuk.5706

Confirming this, I’ve run into rich nodes that are only giving 3 swings.

“Maim. Rinse. Repeat.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

And btw – Orichalcum Nodes are not respawning again. Got 5 from CS and ML this morning, about 12 hours after I did another run – got only 2 nodes in CS and 1 in ML.

in Crafting

Posted by: Luranni.9470

Luranni.9470

Ori nodes seem to be respawning for some and not others. Some people are claiming this is absolutely intended as yet another way to prevent bots profiting, others are saying its a bug.

Please clarify which it is!

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

in Crafting

Posted by: noobie.3942

noobie.3942

I can attest to this. One of the riches only gave me 3 swings. Also my mithril nodes haven’t been spawning on time like before

in Crafting

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Why aren’t overhauls to the gathering system put into the patch notes?

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I encountered some rich mithril last night that gave me the usual 10.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

Cerise hit the nail on the head, why are these changes not put into the patch notes? We get that we’re beta testers on all these new features you’re adding, but how are we supposed to tell if something’s a bug or just some radical change you stealth updated in?

in Crafting

Posted by: vjek.4270

vjek.4270

Cerise hit the nail on the head, why are these changes not put into the patch notes? We get that we’re beta testers on all these new features you’re adding, but how are we supposed to tell if something’s a bug or just some radical change you stealth updated in?

All MMO developers put in stealth changes like this. Every patch. Every time. Asking MMO devs to be transparent about this is like asking water not to be wet. Never going to happen.

They hope they won’t get caught, but invariably they do (which is why it’s so ridiculous they keep trying) and then are silent. Every single step in the stealth change process is a mistake.

in Crafting

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

My rich ori nodes have been giving 4 per node since patch. All other rich nodes giving 10. However my server currently has the +20% from wvw buffs.