Salvage questions (Kits,Items)

in Crafting

Posted by: Omi Nya.2947

Omi Nya.2947

1)I have an Item.
If I salvage it with basic salvage kit, will the number of basic mats be the same, as if I salvage same item with better salavge kit?
I.e. – number (or chance to get more basic item) of items gain from salvaging is 100% random or depend on kit you use?

2)Salvaging white item with basic salvage – will the nuber of basic regs be the same, if I salvage blue item with basic salvage kit?
I.e. – white sword, salvaged with basic kit, will yeld as much basic reagents, as blue sword? Or not?

Interested only in 100% info, not guess or idea.
Thx,doods

in Crafting

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

1. Regardless which salvage kit you use, if you get the lower tier basic mats back they should average the same number. The better the salvage kit, the higher % chance you have of recieving higher tier basic crafting mats back.

2. From the hundreds of salvages of blue items I have done they appear to give the same number of basic mats as whites.

Generally salvaging blues and greens will result in a net loss of coin. Salvaging high level whites which produce ore or cloth scraps with basic salvage kits CAN result in a net increase in coin if the price of the basic mats (silk/mithril and gossamer/orichalcum) is high enough.

in Crafting

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Basically you only need 2 kits in this game. The mystic kit and the crude. Crude for whites and all salvage trophy drops, the mystic for higher level stuff (something you want the rune off of but don’t care if you don’t get it). Other than black lion kits, for when you absolutely want the upgrade off the item. It’s pretty much a proven, most economical method for salvage.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Crafting

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

1. Regardless which salvage kit you use, if you get the lower tier basic mats back they should average the same number. The better the salvage kit, the higher % chance you have of recieving higher tier basic crafting mats back.

That’s probably how it’s supposed to work – but it doesn’t work that way. It’s been proven on many sites by many testers it doesn’t really matter what Salvage Kit you use if you’re aiming for basic materials.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

Promega is wrong. If you are salvaging a white item and getting out white items, the level of your salvage kit does not matter.

You get exactly the same drop rate on gossamer vs. silk from salvaging rags with a crude kit as you do with a black lion kit. So use the cheaper crude kits!

Salvage kit level might matter for ectos – I have no idea. Salvage kit level does matter for getting out gems and other upgrade components, but that’s spelled out on each kit.