Salvaging cloth Armor

Salvaging cloth Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

So today I salavaged some clothe armor and noticed the conversion rate to scraps was about 1.6. Did this get a nerf? It’s also possible I hit the deposit material button somewhere when compacting my bags…

Just wanted to check this out before wasting more time converting karma to cloth

Salvaging cloth Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

IT depends which armor piece you salvage. A coat yields more than gloves, for example.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Salvaging cloth Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

As Wanze said.
From what I’ve tested, these are the drop rates:
light coat = 3.1 cloth scraps
light other armor = 2.1 cloth scraps
I tested it months ago, and the sample size wasn’t great (about 200 of each). So if you’re seeing 1.6, then they might of nerfed it

Salvaging cloth Armor

in Crafting

meklin.4530

Well that’s the thing I was using coats for this method. Salvaged 28, got back 45 cotton and linen. So I’m confused why it didn’t give me more

Salvaging cloth Armor

in Crafting

meklin.4530

Wait…. Somehow I’m more aware of things first thing in the morning. I recieved 44 cotton and 45 linen from 28 coats. That 89/28 so yeah that’s slightly more than 3 per.

Nevermind…. But thanks do your responses lol

I was testing to see if level 43 coats were more profitable than other methods of karma to gold. My small test yielded a little over 1.15karma/1c or about 11500/1g. I think the shoe method still yields more @ 1.25kamra/1c or 12500/1g

Salvaging cloth Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Wait…. Somehow I’m more aware of things first thing in the morning. I recieved 44 cotton and 45 linen from 28 coats. That 89/28 so yeah that’s slightly more than 3 per.

Nevermind…. But thanks do your responses lol

I was testing to see if level 43 coats were more profitable than other methods of karma to gold. My small test yielded a little over 1.15karma/1c or about 11500/1g. I think the shoe method still yields more @ 1.25kamra/1c or 12500/1g

the ratios you stated would suggest that coats are better at 11500karma/1g.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Salvaging cloth Armor

in Crafting

meklin.4530

Hmm maybe I can’t calculate? Lol. I’ll try this again and post my data. I’m also did those calculations from my phone and not on paper or spreadsheet so I need to retry lol

Salvaging cloth Armor

in Crafting

meklin.4530

After redoing my math using the shoes in Bloodtide coast is more cost efficient than using the coat in Hirathi Hinterland only because you get both cotton and linen drops. If the coat was a slightly higher level at the same price it would be about equal still.

So in the end this topic is a waste of space lol

Salvaging cloth Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I prefer to represent karma → gold conversion in terms of copper per 1000 karma.
so instead of “11500 karma/1g”, it’s 8s70c / 1000 karma
and instead of “12500 karma/1g”, it’s 8s / 1000 karma
makes it much clearer which is better, and by how much.

I use 1000 because humans tend to prefer numbers in the range of about 0-100. percentages are in this range for that very reason. temperatures as well. you see it everywhere. People just have a hard time instinctively knowing how big of a difference there is between 1.34 and 1.48 (or 4,020,000 vs. 4,440,000), but they would know the difference between 67c and 74c. Sure, you could do the math to find the percent difference, but that’s just translating that less-recognizable number into a more-recognizable one in the range of 0-100
I would use 100, except the amount of coin you get for 100 karma is so small that you can’t see good enough precision for my taste (87c/100 karma). 1000 is close enough and an exact x10 multiple that it works almost as well.