Satchel recipe for Ascended armors?

in Crafting

Posted by: Tropies.2351

Tropies.2351

Q:

I never was crafting-oriented player, but today I discovered(another time) recipe, which drew my attention.

So, there is this recipe from Mystic Forge:
Recipe: Box/Satchel of Armor:
Varies x Bottle of Elonian Wine
Varies x Crystal
Varies x Mystic Coin
1x Crafted Armor Chest piece

And my question, does it work with Ascended armor? If yes, did anybody try this? Cause I wanna know if it’s more efficent than crafting single parts(When possible to make one ofc).

PS: If there is similar topic on this forum, I’m sory. In such situation either “Search” is bad, or I am at using it.

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

I don’t know if such a forge recipe exists but if it did it would be no less costly than crafting them individually, and you lose a chestpiece just to obtain the recipe to craft the satchel.

Currently the exotic satchels use the same materials to craft the full set as it would to craft each piece individually, so there’s no difference in cost between the two.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

It doesnt work for ascended gear because that way you could bypass the price for the recipes.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It doesnt work for ascended gear because that way you could bypass the price for the recipes.

How so? You still need one full item, thus the recipe… Having the recipe only cuts down on the time required for the individual parts crafting.

But I don’t think it’s possible to make the box recipe. For ordinary armor, you need four ingredients. 2 materials, thread and the insignia. From what I gathered from the wiki (I don’t care for ascended enough to really start crafting it), you need six ingredients for ascended. 2 materials, thread, the insignia and 2 types of vision crystals.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

How so? You still need one full item, thus the recipe… Having the recipe only cuts down on the time required for the individual parts crafting.

You would save 25 laurels and 15g at the cost of 1 chest armor.