Seriously, Enough with the Iron ore.

in Crafting

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

Why does everything nice always take 5000 iron ingots and 5000 steel ingots? Enough with the iron ore. Prices jumped like 3s over night and once again I’ve found myself monotonously farming endless iron to fulfill my ever growing needs to complete DAILY recipes…

Stupid, hardly noticed rant complete.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Well, you can take this one of two ways, either you see the obstacle or you see the potential money. 3S per ore? Make one back piece (you can easily farm the first 2 upgrades and the step to exotic uses mithril which is dirt cheap) and then farm iron. I made my exotic this morning from inventory mats but when I see how much iron has climbed, I am going to liquidate…..

in Crafting

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

The following are the reasons why I got onto Arena’s GW2 franchise for the first time.

1. http://youtu.be/35BPhT-KI1E —-— Fast forward to Minute 1.18

2. Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto —-- paragraph 5 & attached screen capture.

Attachments:

(edited by UmbraVictor.9842)

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Why does everything nice always take 5000 iron ingots and 5000 steel ingots? Enough with the iron ore. Prices jumped like 3s over night and once again I’ve found myself monotonously farming endless iron to fulfill my ever growing needs to complete DAILY recipes…

Stupid, hardly noticed rant complete.

Iron ore was under 1s before the patch. It hit 3s due to demand, which you are a part of.

Choose whatever mat you want to replace it with, and it still would skyrocket.

Too bad.

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Honestly, better iron than anything else. I believe iron is the most abundant material you can harvest – even better than mithril – but someone correct me if Im wrong.

I spent the day running the rich iron veins – so did the many I saw doing the same (often 5+ people mining veins at once). As prices spike, it becomes a worthy profit and people farm such things.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

did I miss something? what uses vast amounts of iron?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

did I miss something? what uses vast amounts of iron?

New backpieces.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

O.o
50 iron ingot to go from blueprint to blue
50 steel ingot to go from blue to green
50 mithril ingot to go from green to yellow
25 ori ingot to go from yellow to orange
15 elonian leather to go from orange to fuscia
I count 300 iron ore needed.
that’s 3% as much as I used last sunday in my weekly crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Relax.

When the ascended weapons were release the Iron price jumped or 30copper while you needed 540 to 810 Iron Ore to craft 1 weapons. The price stayed stable at 120-130 coppers.

Then the Ascended Armor was release. The Iron price jumped of 80 copper to reach 204 copper each. To create a heavy ascended armor you need 1 440 Iron Ore.

But after a couple of weeks, the price dropped down to 97 coppers.

Now the price jumped to 380 copper. But people only need 300 Iron Ore for the back item. People went crazy with that new back item. Even if a lot of people want to craft it, at some point the demand will drop since you don’t need that much Iron. And unlike weapons really few people will want to make several type of the back item. The price will drop, just wait a couple of weeks and then buy the Iron at a lower prices, that’s all. Btw you don’t need iron for daily recipe (i suppose you are talking about Lump of Mitrillium). Craft your lump with mitril and way a bit before refining it into deldrimor.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Crafting

Azgarn.2145

O.o
50 iron ingot to go from blueprint to blue
50 steel ingot to go from blue to green
50 mithril ingot to go from green to yellow
25 ori ingot to go from yellow to orange
15 elonian leather to go from orange to fuscia
I count 300 iron ore needed.
that’s 3% as much as I used last sunday in my weekly crafting.

Unless you only have a armorsmith, then its 15 deldrimor ingots. Adding 90×15 more iron ore

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]

in Crafting

Azgarn.2145

Btw I’m not that upset. I’d just rather not have to devote 2-3 hours a day clicking on grey rocks on 4 different maps with 3 toons to get what I want.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]

in Crafting

Azgarn.2145

The following are the reasons why I got onto Arena’s GW2 franchise for the first time.

This game is unlike the traditional MMO, but as far as not a grind… it sure is. Sure exotic gear is easy and everywhere, but other things of value are still very much a grind, especially when talking about high level crafting. Other times you grind the crap out of dungeons only to be F’d by RNG and you never get the drop you wanted, then the dungeon or reward is removed.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

Relax.

I wasn’t exactly expecting it to make sense, I’m just glad I wasn’t missing anything. Confirms for me that I should sell my leftover steel and iron because it will drop soon.

in Crafting

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

Btw I’m not that upset. I’d just rather not have to devote 2-3 hours a day clicking on grey rocks on 4 different maps with 3 toons to get what I want.

I totally agree with you.

I don’t buy any these materials because most of them are bots or from flippers (those who inflate the price and don’t use the mats themselves thinking they are Donald Trump in Gw2).

With this nerf from Anerf.bug, we have to do more grinds.

Wait. this GRIND !!! Grind Wars 2!!!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

If it wasn’t for the rich iron nodes it would’ve reached 10s+. I’m just glad it’s iron and not cloth.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Honestly, better iron than anything else. I believe iron is the most abundant material you can harvest – even better than mithril – but someone correct me if Im wrong.

I spent the day running the rich iron veins – so did the many I saw doing the same (often 5+ people mining veins at once). As prices spike, it becomes a worthy profit and people farm such things.

The number of nodes might be equal but mithril has a higher supply due to lv80s salvaging mostly lv80 gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

That’s cool man you posted a link to a manifesto that came out in 2010, 2 years before Nexon bought a big chunk of ncsoft shares. Good job, you are great!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I still pine over 4 year old car commercials too.

No, wait, I don’t. Except that one with the really cool chain reaction.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

if it make you feel better, you can take solace in fact that Anet is really really sorry about the existence of that manifesto. And they are also sorry about the big pile of money they are making as well.

It is funny in a sad way how some people cling into something that has been proven over the past 2 years to be useless.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

in be4 a huge drop in iron ore price tomorrow, since the wvw portals are in Gendarran Fields.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I wouldn’t complain about iron. You can easily snag about 100 ore in a short amount of time if you just walk around a map.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Crafting

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

I’ve farmed a little iron for this backpiece and there is an equal amount of silver in those same maps and all ore shares the same icon so you’re walking around a map just farming silver and picking up a little iron at the same time; each one of those nodes makes 1 ingot. I would have preferred if it was copper as it is the only node in a starter zone and there are 2-3 rich nodes in there too.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve farmed a little iron for this backpiece and there is an equal amount of silver in those same maps and all ore shares the same icon so you’re walking around a map just farming silver and picking up a little iron at the same time; each one of those nodes makes 1 ingot. I would have preferred if it was copper as it is the only node in a starter zone and there are 2-3 rich nodes in there too.

There is http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Material_Promotion#Metal_Ingots but it’s not hard to hover over the icons to see which type of ore it is.

in Crafting

Posted by: in for blood.5670

in for blood.5670

Hide your wife, hide your kids… I’m buying and up-selling all the Iron Ore up in here.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Hide your wife, hide your kids… I’m buying and up-selling all the Iron Ore up in here.

If you are you’ve chosen a risky time to flip. Iron ore has been on a steady downward trend since its initial surge.
http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19699

in Crafting

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, the increases in material costs over the last few months is really ridiculous. It’s great for the people who stockpiled them and mad out like bandits at the other players’ expense, but it’s not so great for everyone else.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Coenraad.8302

Coenraad.8302

Well, the price is well on it’s way down again. Demand might be still there but people are to eager to sell and push the price down. Went from 4s to 1s overnight.

in Crafting

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

If it wasn’t for the rich iron nodes it would’ve reached 10s+. I’m just glad it’s iron and not cloth.

Cloth is more ridiculous than iron currently. Silk and Linen. Bolts of Damask….

Cloth is a pain because you cannot farm it directly…no nodes. Of course I am experiencing the “best” of both worlds. Armorsmith. Deldrimor steel ingots and Bolts of Damask. Deldrimor steel ingots require a double dip on iron ore for steel ingots and for iron ingots. There is no way I would spend the amounts of time required running around the maps for the tiny amounts of iron ore that I could get via farming. Much more efficient to just speed clear regular dungeons and use the gold to buy the mats. Iron ore currently 2s 47c and silk currently 1s 37c.

(edited by ODB.6891)

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

…the new backpiece takes 50 iron ingots and 50 steel ingots. Hyperbole much?

Iron has been reasonably valuable for a while, and the new backpiece was a huge demand shock on a good that people apparently didn’t keep big inventories of. It’s not a particularly scarce material, it’s easy to mine in quantity; this is the sort of thing that adjusts itself quickly when you have functioning markets like GW2 does.