Should I salvage blue and green items?

in Crafting

Posted by: pyronix.4081

pyronix.4081

Q:

I’m not a crafter myself right now but I’m always torn between selling them to the vendor or salvaging them for materials (selling them on TP is usually not an option since they sell for less than vendor price).

Thanks!

in Crafting

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

A:

I harvest light and medium armor and sell heavy armor. Most weapons I sell. I normally vendor blues and check greens on trader. If they are on sale for 1 copper above vendor price (as they are quite often) I will vendor the green unless an alt could use it.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Crafting

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I only salvage the ones that break down into materials I need, so basically light and medium armor. The metal and wood you get from heavy armor and weapons is easily harvested at lower levels. In the highest tier it might make sense to salvage everything if you salvage with higher quality kits.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Crafting

Posted by: pyronix.4081

pyronix.4081

Thanks Katz and Pandemoniac. Both your answers actually answered my questions. Very helpful info.

in Crafting

Posted by: Youd.1375

Youd.1375

I tend to salvage everything that doesn’t go for a reasonable price in the trading post (mostly rare/exotic are worth selling i think). So far i’ve gotten 2 trade skills to 400 without having to buy much, and another 2 are on 150/50’ish. Sure i have loads of excess materials, but i hoard it all for future trade skills.

in Crafting

Posted by: Feywray.4351

Feywray.4351

anything less than 30 or so silver I vendor. Depending on my financial situation, I’ll vendor the leather and cloth items since the predominant way of getting cloth in this game, so it makes it worth it. If I need cash, I’ll vendor them instead.

in Crafting

Posted by: MadIrishman.9103

MadIrishman.9103

I try to salvage materials to sell on the TP as they can net you more profit than just selling them to a vendor. So far I’ve been pretty fortunate, but selling to a vendor is a safe bet also because the TP prices are still a bit wonky.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wyrmsfire.2051

Wyrmsfire.2051

I used to salvage everything that I came across, then I realized that I wasn’t getting anything notable out of the blues and whites. The greens almost always returned the sigil that was embedded. So now, I salvage greens and sell blues and below. This way, I’m getting some cash back and can use it to buy more salvage kits.

“I have become your nightmare. Say goodbye to everything…”