Silver Doubloons

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Apfelcreme.5048

Apfelcreme.5048

the price is skyrocketing and nothing or noone can stop this. What should we do? It’s kind of unfair that the Juggernaught requires 250 of these while for example Sunrise only needs 250 pieces of leather.

Drapoleith – Guardian – Kodasch

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Its not at all unfair. Different legendary weapons all have different recipes. You picked one of the most expensive ones to make. Do what the rest of us did, and park a low level toon at a jumping puzzle, start forging pebbles and saving gold to buy the rest.

Zelendel

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

I don’t agree with that mindset (oh just park a low level at a JP) but i do agree it requires time and effort. For people who don’t have the time to play daily and make money, they should not have to rely on parking one of their characters at a jumping puzzle.

I do not disagree that the recipes for the legendaries would be different amounts but the methods of acquiring the silver doubloons that are currently in place are not effective… especially with the price increase.

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t agree with that mindset (oh just park a low level at a JP) but i do agree it requires time and effort. For people who don’t have the time to play daily and make money, they should not have to rely on parking one of their characters at a jumping puzzle.

I do not disagree that the recipes for the legendaries would be different amounts but the methods of acquiring the silver doubloons that are currently in place are not effective… especially with the price increase.

The JP chest is just ONE way. There are others. Many other threads on the topic describe other ways to obtain them. The effectiveness of acquiring them isn’t related to the price increase. I would say the methods to get them are very effective if you are willing to compare other rare mats for other legendaries … farming sparks for Charged cores, for example.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

The JP chest is just ONE way. There are others. Many other threads on the topic describe other ways to obtain them. The effectiveness of acquiring them isn’t related to the price increase. I would say the methods to get them are very effective if you are willing to compare other rare mats for other legendaries … farming sparks for Charged Lodestones, for example.

Fixed. I’ve done my fair share of spark farming and NEVER have I seen one drop a charged core. I’ll get those quite frequently from Temple of Dwayna events and Champ bags, but not many other places.

Back on topic, I’ve had 3 lower level (30-ish) alt’s parked at a JP for the past month, and across all I’ve gotten about 15 silver doubloons. That’s an average of 5 per character for one month. From this you can guess it’s probably close to getting one per week. People forget that they are still a rare chest item, but I also think ANet’s thinking behind the prerequisites for the Juggernaut weren’t entirely fair either. No one is going to have a level-limited character farm these like crazy, if indeed there are any ways to farm these besides chest items, and I think they should have gone with something less ‘limited’ in the recipe. The price of these has gotten out of hand, and did a long time ago.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

I think the bottom line here is that it’s no harder to get Silver Doubloons as it is Lodestones. In fact, I think it’s easier. Camping chests isn’t the only way to get them.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

It is really odd that you need a low level character to farm these. Maybe it’s an oversight from when they adjusted the loot for high level characters in low level zones.

Also it’s one of the few crafting materials (all doubloons) that don’t have a slot in one of the crafting bank tabs. Why?

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I have five 21-30 level alts parked at the end of the pirate jump puzzle in LA. Just got three silver doubloons today (with 2 gems per chest-opening, I average about 1 every other day). I just sell them as soon as I get them since the price is high enough to make it worth my while.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think the bottom line here is that it’s no harder to get Silver Doubloons as it is Lodestones. In fact, I think it’s easier. Camping chests isn’t the only way to get them.

But it is harder. Getting lodestones is easier and requires no special twinking (like having a character you keep in lower level bracket especially for that).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Also it’s one of the few crafting materials (all doubloons) that don’t have a slot in one of the crafting bank tabs. Why?

Because it is categorised as an upgrade component not a crafting material.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Fixed. I’ve done my fair share of spark farming and NEVER have I seen one drop a charged core. I’ll get those quite frequently from Temple of Dwayna events and Champ bags, but not many other places.

It does happen, just extremely rare. Of the 5 or 6 charged lodestones I’ve come across as drops over the past year, I got one just yesterday from a spark at the first spot where Malchor stops on his way to the temple. I was quite shocked (no pun intended)

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

This is a new and exciting topic that I’ve not seen on these boards before.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Very much like a Jewel according to the tooltip.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Exquisite Jewels dont go into the collection tab either.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

But it is harder. Getting lodestones is easier and requires no special twinking (like having a character you keep in lower level bracket especially for that).

Ok so let’s be clear …

You’re claiming it’s easier to level to 80 and gear up to farm for a lodestone per hour by killing stuff IF the temple is not in Orrian hands than it is to park a cheaply-equipped, level 20ish character at LA JP and open a chest once a day at no risk, taking about 3o seconds per attempt?

You’re going to have to explain the ‘easier’ part a little more indepth. I guarantee that counting log in, open the chest and log out (let’s say 30 seconds), I’m going to have at least 120 tries to get a silver doubloon for:

1. Less leveling effort
2. Less equipping effort
3. Less risk
4. Guaranteed opportunity to loot the chest

for the same amount of average time it takes to get a lodestone. I think I’ve got the better end of the deal.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

And those are crafted items. Gemstones aren’t, and neither are doubloons, but gemstones are stored while doubloons aren’t.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

And those are crafted items. Gemstones aren’t, and neither are doubloons, but gemstones are stored while doubloons aren’t.

Gemstones give you one of the regular stat boosts, like zerker, clerics etc, Doubloons dont.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

You’re claiming it’s easier to level to 80 and gear up to farm for a lodestone per hour by killing stuff IF the temple is not in Orrian hands than it is to park a cheaply-equipped, level 20ish character at LA JP and open a chest once a day at no risk, taking about 3o seconds per attempt?

I never said about temple farming, did i? And yet i have more lodestone drops per week on average than silver doubloon drops (while having a level 21 char parked in an appropriate jp). Champ bags, fractals, some dungeons, temple event chests, upgrading from cores
Availability of silver doubloons doesn’t come even close.

Actions, not words.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Just pay up, curse you!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

I never said about temple farming, did i? And yet i have more lodestone drops per week on average than silver doubloon drops (while having a level 21 char parked in an appropriate jp). Champ bags, fractals, some dungeons, temple event chests, upgrading from cores…

You still not relevant comparisons here. Champ bags, fractals, some dungeons, temple event chests, upgrading from cores… all that requires you to do the ‘harder than parking a level 20 naked toon at a LA JP’ stuff. Whatever method you want to discuss, it’s simply not debatable. The investment is clearly lower to get silver doubloons than it is to do ANY of the ways you listed for lodestones. When you make a comparison of quantitiesobtained for a given playtime, there is no doubt doubloons is better.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

I never said about temple farming, did i? And yet i have more lodestone drops per week on average than silver doubloon drops (while having a level 21 char parked in an appropriate jp). Champ bags, fractals, some dungeons, temple event chests, upgrading from cores…

You still not relevant comparisons here. Champ bags, fractals, some dungeons, temple event chests, upgrading from cores… all that requires you to do the ‘harder than parking a level 20 naked toon at a LA JP’ stuff. Whatever method you want to discuss, it’s simply not debatable. The investment is clearly lower to get silver doubloons than it is to do ANY of the ways you listed for lodestones. When you make a comparison of quantitiesobtained for a given playtime, there is no doubt doubloons is better.

No, it’s better only if you can’t invest any time at all. Yes, logging in, checking chest and logging out takes only 5 minutes, but it’s still one chance per 24 hours. You don’t account for it at all.

Actions, not words.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Yes, logging in, checking chest and logging out takes only 5 minutes, but it’s still one chance per 24 hours. You don’t account for it at all.

It doesn’t take 5 minutes to do that, it takes 30 seconds AT MOST. You can invest playtime to get lodestones or opening chests for doubloons. If you take an hour to farm one lodestone, at worst I can get 120 opportunities to get a silver doubloon from a chest in that same hour of invested playtime. It’s not relevant if that’s 30 seconds for 240 days for a single character or 1 hour straight for my 120 characters. Time invested is the relevant measure … and the idea that if you can invest the time at all? ANYONE can most definitely find the time to log for 30 seconds to loot a chest so, please get real here. In fact .. you can open the chests multiple times if you have more than one character in the correct range camping the chest. You can’t do that with farming lodestones.

… and yes, it’s easier to farm a chest with a level 20 than it is to actually DO events, etc.. to get a lodestone.

No matter how you want to approach this, it’s easier and a better ROI to get doubloons than lodestones in every way.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: BladeDVD.6234

BladeDVD.6234

Once you get the patterns down, you can do the 3 JPs in LA and the easy one in Southsun Cove in about 10 minutes per character for a total of 4 chests. Don’t forget that the marks (along with then pebbles and nuggets) can also be used in the mystic forge for a chance at a silver doubloon. Plus some of the drops are worth a few silver and then the rest can be salvaged for essences and materials.

I do this on 4 characters and I get about 1 to 2 a day on average.

Quite honestly, as I understand it, there are much better and faster ways to just make the money you would need to buy them. shrug

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

BladeDVD.6234

Yes, logging in, checking chest and logging out takes only 5 minutes, but it’s still one chance per 24 hours. You don’t account for it at all.

It doesn’t take 5 minutes to do that, it takes 30 seconds AT MOST. You can invest playtime to get lodestones or opening chests for doubloons. If you take an hour to farm one lodestone, at worst I can get 120 opportunities to get a silver doubloon from a chest in that same hour of invested playtime. It’s not relevant if that’s 30 seconds for 240 days for a single character or 1 hour straight for my 120 characters. Time invested is the relevant measure … and the idea that if you can invest the time at all? ANYONE can most definitely find the time to log for 30 seconds to loot a chest so, please get real here. In fact .. you can open the chests multiple times if you have more than one character in the correct range camping the chest. You can’t do that with farming lodestones.

… and yes, it’s easier to farm a chest with a level 20 than it is to actually DO events, etc.. to get a lodestone.

No matter how you want to approach this, it’s easier and a better ROI to get doubloons than lodestones in every way.

Level 21, at 20 you are still going to get copper doubloons.

And in all fairness, while it’s 30seconds a shot, people here tend to want to get their legendaries quickly. It’s not the 30 seconds, but the MONTHS that will pass by if you try to get 250 silver doubloons this way opening only a 2-5 chests a day.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Yes, I get that people want their Legendary yesterday but being ignorant and posting QQ threads about Silver doubloons when they are relatively EASY to get compared to other materials for legendaries is just …

I mean, perspective people, get some … it will take you months to get your lodestones too and it’s much more work to do it. … that’s STILL much more work than camping a chest … CMON! The thing is, the price of Doubloons just goes to show you can’t help people that don’t think for themselves.

At this price, it makes alot of sense to level a character (or more) to camp LA chests. Heck, it was worth it when they were only 50s. Yet we see a new thread every week about this. It’s a little ridiculous. Don’t worry though, you can count on me to add 1 to the market every few days.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

Yes, I get that people want their Legendary yesterday but being ignorant and posting QQ threads about Silver doubloons when they are relatively EASY to get compared to other materials for legendaries is just …

You are assuming again that people don’t play this game at all. I don’t farm lodestones in the slightest, i don’t expend any special effort to get them. All those drops are completely coincidental as a sideeffect of other things i do. To get silver doubloons however, i do need to expend special effort. And yet I get way more lodestones than silver doubloons.
So, what is easier again?

Actions, not words.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I think the point people are trying to get at here… Is for the level the item ACTUALLY is at (meaning in game, the crafting discipline level etc.) is more expensive than it really should be. Its almost like saying copper ingots should be going for 50s a piece on the market which everyone knows is just a little ridiculous. The justification behind the silver doubloon price is shoddy at best. This whole time I was worried about how much the molten lodestones would be for quicksilver then I look at doubloons and face palm. Essentially these items are much rarer than lodestones and are way way inflated.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Given that I sell them for 1.2g – 1.5g within ten minutes of them dropping for my stable of 21-30th level alts parked at the end of the pirate jump puzzle, I’d say the demand for them is pretty substantial. As long as people are willing to pay that much, I’ll post them for sale immediately… and when they don’t, I’ll go back to hording them.

But somebody out there is making progress on their Juggernaut right now, even if you’re not.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Once you get the patterns down, you can do the 3 JPs in LA and the easy one in Southsun Cove in about 10 minutes per character for a total of 4 chests. Don’t forget that the marks (along with then pebbles and nuggets) can also be used in the mystic forge for a chance at a silver doubloon. Plus some of the drops are worth a few silver and then the rest can be salvaged for essences and materials.

I do this on 4 characters and I get about 1 to 2 a day on average.

Quite honestly, as I understand it, there are much better and faster ways to just make the money you would need to buy them. shrug

The Pirate one and Ogre cave one are very simple (tho the Pirate one takes some significant time). The Troll’s End has a few very frustrating jumps compounded by horrific camera issues (my main beef with that JP). I suffer thru it once every month, but I’d likely kill myself if I tried to do it every day. Granted I am mediocre at JPs and your mileage may vary.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

BladeDVD.6234

I think the point people are trying to get at here… Is for the level the item ACTUALLY is at (meaning in game, the crafting discipline level etc.) is more expensive than it really should be. Its almost like saying copper ingots should be going for 50s a piece on the market which everyone knows is just a little ridiculous. The justification behind the silver doubloon price is shoddy at best. This whole time I was worried about how much the molten lodestones would be for quicksilver then I look at doubloons and face palm. Essentially these items are much rarer than lodestones and are way way inflated.

I’m not sure that a lot of people are saying this, but if so, then silver doubloons is not the only example of this. There are wide swings of value between items of the same rarity throughout the game because only a few stat possibilities are popular, and because only certain skins are valuable.

The Pirate one and Ogre cave one are very simple (tho the Pirate one takes some significant time). The Troll’s End has a few very frustrating jumps compounded by horrific camera issues (my main beef with that JP). I suffer thru it once every month, but I’d likely kill myself if I tried to do it every day. Granted I am mediocre at JPs and your mileage may vary.

It’s irritating, no doubt, but if you tried it every day for a few minutes, it gets easier and easier to complete. Though the first slippery hills to get to the hole you jump down after you get out of the water still make me want to break things on a regular basis. Jump! JUMP!!!! lol

3 puzzles instead of 4 isn’t too bad though if you only have a few characters that can do this. You would still be tripling your chances vs. just doing one puzzle a day.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

All I can add to this topic is to say, I have 2 level 21/22 chars parked at the pirate jp in Lion’s arch, collecting silver doubloons that I promptly sell to make money to buy my charged loadstones, because I have a total of 2. And I do dungeons, I do fractals, I do temple events but I don’t have time to do them every day. But I can open a chest every day, so for someone like me who doesn’t play for hours and hours everyday, silver doubloons are way easier (and faster) to come by.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

I don’t farm lodestones in the slightest, i don’t expend any special effort to get them. All those drops are completely coincidental as a sideeffect of other things i do. To get silver doubloons however, i do need to expend special effort. And yet I get way more lodestones than silver doubloons.
So, what is easier again?

And you are still making a nonsensical comparison. Getting silver doubloons is obviously a concentrated effort with a specific goal, simply ‘playing’ the game and get lodestones coincidentally is not. Now, if you compare hours of killing mobs for lodestones (which IS a concentrated effort) to the concentrated effort needed to loot a chest at level 20 like I did, you will have a more comparable situation and very quickly come to the conclusion that indeed, doubloons are easier to get.

I mean, are you trying to say that just ‘playing endgame’ is easier than leveling a character to 20, completing one of the easiest JP’s and logging in to loot a chest? You have a hard sell there.

All I can add to this topic is to say, I have 2 level 21/22 chars parked at the pirate jp in Lion’s arch, collecting silver doubloons that I promptly sell to make money to buy my charged loadstones, because I have a total of 2. And I do dungeons, I do fractals, I do temple events but I don’t have time to do them every day. But I can open a chest every day, so for someone like me who doesn’t play for hours and hours everyday, silver doubloons are way easier (and faster) to come by.

BINGO. This isn’t a hard concept … at least some people get it.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

jportell.2197

The big thing I don’t get is getting legendaries are supposed to be “end game” material…. So why to get end game material do I need to make another character level them up to 21-30 and then park them at a JP when they are clearly not in “end game” mode. All other mats for legendaries can be obtained reliably by the level 80 characters that are farming for them…. So why should juggernaut be any different?

Edit: It’s not so much that I think they are too rare but the steps you have to take say if you have nothing but 80s just to get these without paying ridiculous market prices is absurd.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

When a crafting material costs more than a higher tier material of the same variety (ie doubloons) something is wrong. Drop rates need adjusting, or the crafting recipes need to be changed, or both.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

jportell.2197

When a crafting material costs more than a higher tier material of the same variety (ie doubloons) something is wrong. Drop rates need adjusting, or the crafting recipes need to be changed, or both.

^This right here. This can also be seen in the price of Iron ore or soft wood logs…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

There isn’t any intrinsically wrong with different tiers of mats being in demand by endgame players. In fact, it’s a GOOD thing because it diversifies and spreads opportunities to capitalize.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

There isn’t any intrinsically wrong with different tiers of mats being in demand by endgame players. In fact, it’s a GOOD thing because it diversifies and spreads opportunities to capitalize.

Only if those mats are obtainable by endgame players. Those are not. lower tier metal and wood can be harvested by level 80 players as well as lower level ones, but silver doubloons are specifically not part of any drop tables for level 80 chars.
Yes, there’s nothing intrinsically wrong with Juggernaut requiring lower tier mats. Level 80s however should be able to get those mats at least as easily as level 21-30s. And there is something intrinsically wrong with the fact that they can’t.

Actions, not words.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

As someone with a Jugg, I agree that silver lodestones should be quite a bit easier to get. I have all my slots filled with level 80 characters, and I didn’t really fancy buying another slot just to farm chests. I farmed gold to buy them, but it was quite a kitteneaper then.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Only if those mats are obtainable by endgame players. Those are not.

OK read what you wrote … You are saying Silver Doubloons are not obtainable by endgame players … I could write alot of stuff about how that doesn’t make sense so I will limit to one thing. Doubloons are COMPLETELY obtainable by players that aren’t in their level range … and there’s 3 methods to do it too.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

• Chests, character level 20-30
  • Containers dropped by level 20-30 foes
  • Very small chance as a mystic forge random reward from throwing in 4 random gems
  • Buying from trade post

lvl80 characters can do the latter 3

kill all ze thingz

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

jportell.2197

• Very small chance as a mystic forge random reward from throwing in 4 random gems
  • Buying from trade post

Its not in containers dropped by level 20-30 foes. It is in the loot tables for characters that are level 20-30.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

• Buying from trade post

Its not in containers dropped by level 20-30 foes. It is in the loot tables for characters that are level 20-30.

Small and Light Miners Bag, Bag of Pilfered Goods and Light Bags of Booty all drop silver doubloons and drop from Dredge, Bandits, Seperatists and Pirates lvl 20-30.

Perfectly farmable by a lvl 80 character.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

jportell.2197

• Buying from trade post

Small and Light Miners Bag, Bag of Pilfered Goods and Light Bags of Booty all drop silver doubloons and drop from Dredge, Bandits, Seperatists and Pirates lvl 20-30.

They only drop if the level of the character farming them is level 20-30. Usually if you get something from these bags a lot of times it will either just contain crafting material of a low grade (not doubloons), or a piece of blue or green level 80 gear…. Cleared an entire map on my level 80 just to test it and killed nothing but the 20-30 mobs absolutely no doubloons ever and it was about 7-8 hours of nothing but pve.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No, that’s not actually true. As a slow PvE player, I only recently finished cleaning out the level 25 – 35 maps, and despite all my characters being level 80, I would still get the rare Silver Doubloon drop from those T2 bags. Note that Silver Doubloons from those bags are fairly rare; in a research post, Wanze opened about 1000 bags and only got 13 Silver Doubloons.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

…if you get something from these bags a lot of times it will either just contain crafting material of a low grade (not doubloons), or a piece of blue or green level 80 gear….

that’s champion bags you are writing about.

bags that may contain silver doubloons does not contain any gear. they are dropped from normal mobs, not champions. try farming ~25lvl bandit dynamic events

kill all ze thingz

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Another three dropped for my 5 characters stationed at the pirate JP today (I also discovered first hand level 32 is not too high to get silver doubloons. I thought it was…). One sold before I even finished swapping characters. The other 2 took longer (about 6 were up at the same price). Its averaging to around 1 a day quite nicely.

I don’t have the time to run dungeons right now, so if people are willing to swap the profit from one whole 10-15 minute run for the time I spend opening 5 chests (8-12 minutes depending on processing the other items), it looks like the universe is in pretty good balance to me.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The big thing I don’t get is getting legendaries are supposed to be “end game” material…. So why to get end game material do I need to make another character level them up to 21-30 and then park them at a JP when they are clearly not in “end game” mode. All other mats for legendaries can be obtained reliably by the level 80 characters that are farming for them…. So why should juggernaut be any different?

Edit: It’s not so much that I think they are too rare but the steps you have to take say if you have nothing but 80s just to get these without paying ridiculous market prices is absurd.

This is a COMPLETELY valid point and should be addressed by the most logical method …. add in the missing recipe to craft Silver Doubloons. It’s simple, logical and would end this debate entirely.

NOW for the moaning that people will make when the price drops down to the other Doubloon levels…..

EDIT: If they add in this recipe, will Copper Doubloons price skyrocket? Hmmmm….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

This is a COMPLETELY valid point and should be addressed by the most logical method …. add in the missing recipe to craft Silver Doubloons. It’s simple, logical and would end this debate entirely.

NOW for the moaning that people will make when the price drops down to the other Doubloon levels…..

EDIT: If they add in this recipe, will Copper Doubloons price skyrocket? Hmmmm….

This point isn’t valid at all … you don’t NEED a level 21-30 character to get silver doubloons.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Its quite amazing how efficient level 80 characters are at going into second tier zones and obliterating skritt by the bushel-full for their shiny, shiny bags.

Way better at it than on-lever characters ever were.

Silver Doubloons

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

• Buying from trade post

They only drop if the level of the character farming them is level 20-30. Usually if you get something from these bags a lot of times it will either just contain crafting material of a low grade (not doubloons), or a piece of blue or green level 80 gear…. Cleared an entire map on my level 80 just to test it and killed nothing but the 20-30 mobs absolutely no doubloons ever and it was about 7-8 hours of nothing but pve.

I pity your ingnorance.

Silver Doubloons are not on the loot table directly from any mob in game, no matter what level.

You have to farm the appropriate lootbags (that have SD on the loot table), that drop from those mobs.

That being said, its easier and faster to just put in buy orders on the tp at the appropriate prices for those lootbags from people who dont know their respective value.