in Crafting

Posted by: BladeMate.3517

BladeMate.3517

How to turn Skill Points into gold?

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

You can make weapons in the forge with semi expensive materials plus skillpoint scrolls and such to sell. Like, Anomaly or the mist weapons, and the cheaper mystic forge weapons (blue coe weapons).

You can also use them to upgrade materials, like t5→t6

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Upgrade mats a tier or crafted mystic weapons.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Skill Points

in Crafting

BladeMate.3517

Some one mentioned that 1 skill point = 1 gold how they did it?

Skill Points

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

They were definitely BSing you.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Skill Points

in Crafting

BladeMate.3517

so what is max I can get from 1 skill point? Just need to calculate how much gold i have so I can start crafting something decent.

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

so what is max I can get from 1 skill point? Just need to calculate how much gold i have so I can start crafting something decent.

That’s a labor-intensive question to answer. And one where the people who actually know wouldn’t be interested in answering because that would hurt them financially.

Here is the Wiki link for the Mystic Forge: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_forge

Here is the link to GW Spidy: http://www.gw2spidy.com/

Using these two sites, you can research the current prices and determine what items will generate the most profit right now. Just be aware that the market is ever changing, so you’ll need to do this research often to know if/when the profit has changed.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

one website that does exactly what you want (there are others):
http://ec2-174-129-236-8.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8000/gw2sp2g/
(You’ll need to copy/paste that into your url bar, as gw2 forum’s markup seems to cut off where the link ends)

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I get an average of 3g per skillpoint.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Skill Points

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

Well aren’t you kittying magical. You probably won’t tell anyone how though. But I’m pretty sure that is not a typical exchange.

Edit: I’ll add the disclaimer that I don’t really know what I’m talking about, but I have been told by what I thought were pretty reliable sources that the max exchange they had ever gotten was 1SP → .5g.

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Skill Points

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Well aren’t you kittying magical. You probably won’t tell anyone how though. But I’m pretty sure that is not a typical exchange.

Edit: I’ll add the disclaimer that I don’t really know what I’m talking about, but I have been told by what I thought were pretty reliable sources that the max exchange they had ever gotten was 1SP -> .5g.

Promoting t1 materials.

Skill Points

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

one website that does exactly what you want (there are others):
http://ec2-174-129-236-8.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8000/gw2sp2g/
(You’ll need to copy/paste that into your url bar, as gw2 forum’s markup seems to cut off where the link ends)

This website is outdated and didnt work very good in the first place.

I wouldnt recommend to use it.

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

The easiest way is making superior rams and sell them on TP. They are always in demand especially during tournement.

There are like wanze says better (more efficient) ways. However the moment we spit them on here ppl will all do it, and make MORE of the item we speak of then demand can buy. Wich means the price will crash, and you won’t be happy after all. The deal will be off.

If money was easy for everyone to make on TP everyone would do it. But speculation blocking profit, changing markets (demand, supply) make it a complex task. The same is true for skill point promotion.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Edit: I’ll add the disclaimer that I don’t really know what I’m talking about, but I have been told by what I thought were pretty reliable sources that the max exchange they had ever gotten was 1SP -> .5g.

Lillith, i don’t know about 3 Gold per skill point, but crafting the Eidolon Shield give you about 2 Gold per skill point. I tell that, because it really don’t sell well so its not a reliable source of income (if you try to sell it, you may be undersell for a long time). But there is other source. Its pretty easy to get 1G per skill point.

T5 – T6 = Between 20s to 80s per skill point (on average), but some will cost you money like Totem so don’t do that. Of course, keep in mind that you will get different profitability depending on what you do exactly. Do you buy T5, transform them, then sell T6? Do you buy T5, transform them and keep the T6 for something you need? Do you only transform the T5 you have and don,t sell them? All this will give you different amount of G/skill point. And of course the market is changing everyday. A couple of months ago no T5 to T6 transformation were really profitable.

Edit : And not Superior Ram is a terrible way to transform your skill point in Gold.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

(edited by Thaddeus.4891)

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Promote bolts of jute to wool. 250 bolts jute 3g into 50-180 bolts of wool avg 5g per promotion. 1 skill point gives 10 philo stones = 5 promotions. So we have 15g into and 25g out, which atm translates into 10g per skill point.

During promoting it’s almost always significantly better to promote the REFINED version…..ie bolts, ingots, squares etc…

Serenity now~Insanity later

Skill Points

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eldritch_Scroll
from my count, 6 of these give 1-2g/SP profit, 3 give 2-3g/SP profit, 1 gives 3-4g/SP profit, 2 give 4+g/SP profit.

p.s. you should definitely craft Naegling. costs 31g + 50SP and sells for 945g. that’s 15.4g per SP profit! you’ll have the lowest sell listing, but it won’t sell: sell listings for this had 1 at 50g, then 1 at 945g and that was it. someone bought the 50g one a few hours ago :P

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Before the patch, copper ore was selling for about 30 copper. (It has exploded in price since, speculators rejoice!).

The current buy price for iron ingots (many of them used for ascended crafting) is about 2.5 silver (sell price about 3 silver).

500 copper ore will refine to 250 bronze ingots, costing 30 copper * 500 plus 8 copper (lumps of tin) * 50 = 1g 54s.

250 bronze ingots + 1 iron ingot + T2 dust + 1 skill point = some number of iron ingots. The average number of iron ingots is not known, but I think it’s about 80.

Reglecting the cost of the 1 iron ingot + dust, you will get about 2g 40 s – 15% = 2g 4s money back.

2g 4s-1g 54s = 50 silver per skill point. A nice 30% profit but it’s not 4 gold.

Is jute to wool more profitable?

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Before the patch, copper ore was selling for about 30 copper. (It has exploded in price since, speculators rejoice!).

The current buy price for iron ingots (many of them used for ascended crafting) is about 2.5 silver (sell price about 3 silver).

500 copper ore will refine to 250 bronze ingots, costing 30 copper * 500 plus 8 copper (lumps of tin) * 50 = 1g 54s.

250 bronze ingots + 1 iron ingot + T2 dust + 1 skill point = some number of iron ingots. The average number of iron ingots is not known, but I think it’s about 80.

Reglecting the cost of the 1 iron ingot + dust, you will get about 2g 40 s – 15% = 2g 4s money back.

2g 4s-1g 54s = 50 silver per skill point. A nice 30% profit but it’s not 4 gold.

Fabrics and Wood are both trading higher than metals (leather is typically a poor choice, though there are tiers where it is profitable).
Don’t forget about promoting T1->T2 Fine and Rare materials either.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Keep in mind that the market for standard crafting material (wood, metal, leather and fabrics) are boosted by the temporary higher demand (to buy Zephyr Boxes) so watch out if you try out this kind of promotion right now, since the price act really weird right now and they will change a lot when the patch will end.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Skill Points

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

Your math looks right, except I think it’s currently slightly cheaper to buy the bronze ingot than craft it (from experience, I can tell you buy orders on them get filled fairly quickly). of all the common T1->T2, ore is currently the 2nd lowest profit/SP (leather is 10s/SP) the rest are more appealing

Skill Points

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Your math looks right, except I think it’s currently slightly cheaper to buy the bronze ingot than craft it (from experience, I can tell you buy orders on them get filled fairly quickly). of all the common T1->T2, ore is currently the 2nd lowest profit/SP (leather is 10s/SP) the rest are more appealing

Thats right, at the moment, i wouldnt recommand to upgrade t1 due to the high demand for unrefined t1 mats. Since last night, i started buying up refined mats (mostly t1) as i expect them to adjust to the new price it costs to refine them.

With the queensdale champ train nerfed and the LS dropped next to nothing, i dont see much new t1 mats incoming in future.

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

I’ve been “selling” my skill points lately, and making a consistent 1g per SP

One of the problem is that the price of materials fluctuate greatly during the day, so not all trades are profitable, and not all the time.

You can make 1g per SP with trade X, but 5 hours later it’s down to 60s per SP, however another one will have taken over as good profit.

So here’s my suggestion, learn to use excel and the gw2spidy api.

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Plenty of other posts on here indicate you are selling 3-5 times below what you could get…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Promote bolts of jute to wool. 250 bolts jute 3g into 50-180 bolts of wool avg 5g per promotion. 1 skill point gives 10 philo stones = 5 promotions. So we have 15g into and 25g out, which atm translates into 10g per skill point.

During promoting it’s almost always significantly better to promote the REFINED version…..ie bolts, ingots, squares etc…

Gosh, I didn’t know anything about this. I would have tons of my own T1 mats and wouldn’t even need to get them off the TP. I’ve just been selling them, instead of promoting them. Thanks.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Skill Points

in Crafting

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Plenty of other posts on here indicate you are selling 3-5 times below what you could get…..

You’re right. Thanks for the wakeup call. I have to do better market research.