So, Gossamer Scraps...

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Gossamer Scraps prices have been from 4.2 to 4.6 silver each for nearly one month.
Then, yesterday, there has been a HUGE increase (6,8silver at the moment) in the price.

I remember Ori and Ancient Wood did a similar thing when Ascended Weaponry was about to be released, with prices starting to skyrocket 2-3 days before release. Will this be a sign of Ascended Armor coming next patch?

EDIT: price is 7.4s right now lol

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

I believe that the second spike in price it’s due to someone posting the “Possible Patch Notes for 26th of November” yesterday on reddit. We don’t even know if they are true but what we do know is that we have witnessed the power of speculation once more.

The first spike in price happened because someone datamined ascended armor and made a post on reddit again. Also because it was pretty obvious that we would have ascended armor after ascended weapons were release.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Also crafting boosters are on sale so that to me said ascended armor is coming soon.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

And if people were smart they’d dodge roll the crafting boosters, even when gem price were 90+Gems/1G they weren’t worth it. Crafting price has since increased, but not enough to make the boosters worthwhile. Especially if you only need it for 400-500.

[DONE]

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Gossamer Scraps prices have been from 4.2 to 4.6 silver each for nearly one month.
Then, yesterday, there has been a HUGE increase (6,8silver at the moment) in the price.

I remember Ori and Ancient Wood did a similar thing when Ascended Weaponry was about to be released, with prices starting to skyrocket 2-3 days before release. Will this be a sign of Ascended Armor coming next patch?

o.O I’m not sure you understand how prices work. The price going up doesn’t mean we’ll get ascended armor soon. Nobody from anet is sitting around waiting for the price to hit some threshold before releasing the patch. Getting ascended armor soon is what makes the price go up.

Cause→effect

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

“Possible Patch Notes for 26th of November” yesterday on reddit.

I really, really hope those patch notes aren’t accurate. RNG drop for the recipe for the precursor weapon? They better be TPable ANet!

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Ori ore and ancient wood prices went up because of the preview. Prices for cloth went up because of the leaked patch notes. Prices do not mysteriously increase.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Hellsoul.6502

Hellsoul.6502

I’m curious on how much the price of Gossamer will rise post ascended patch. For some reason I have a feeling it won’t rise much. Maybe 10s.

Thoughts?

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

It’ll rise to about 15 silver for the first day or two. After that it will fall as more and more people reach 500 tailor.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The price will probably triple and I doubt it will fall much. The main reason orichalcum prices started to fall was because people got fed up with the price and decided to farm for it. You can not do that with gossamer.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

You can easily convert silk to gossamer and I doubt silk will rise much.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Silk’s actually at 12 copper each right now. O.o Amazing! But yeah, given the enormous quantity of Silk entering the market every day, promotion of Silk to Gossamer should keep it from getting too expensive.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The problem with silk to gossamer is that eventually the silk/crystalline dust prices will get so high that it will not be worth it. It may be profitable atm but once 1000 player decide to buy say 2000silk and 40dust every day the price of silk and dust will increase. Farming is just adding supply. Messing will the market increases the demand of silk and dust to try and increase the supply of gossamer.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Silk will rise as well, as it will be needed in much greater quantities than gossamer (50 bolts of silk per one bolt of damask, most likely).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Due to the high price of dust, it’s already simply not profitable to convert it. The dust alone will be around 85 silver. And you’ll have to be very lucky get enough T6 materials to offset that.

Besides, silk itself will also be used in the crafting of the required materials, by itself. Just like the leather is required in the Elonian Cord (which is then used in the Elonian Square), we’ll need probably have to craft a Silk Weaving Thread using 50 silk so we can craft the Bolt of Damask.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Keep in mind this requires T6 Dust but in much smaller quantities.

Also, anyone wanting to do this for crafting material should consider wisely whether to promote raw scraps or bolts….if you need bolts, its MUCH cheaper to promote them.

Since Slik demand will also rise (as mentioned above), promoting Linen will also be an option (that should increase Linen prices).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

You’ll also need linen. And wool and cotton. The only material not required is jute.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

So serious competition going on with this market right now. I saw the prices go past 7 silver and then rapidly come back down to 6 silver in a matter of minutes.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Dust going up? Dust will never go above 16-20 s a piece due to ecto salvage. If it goes back to old prices of 30+ s a piece I’ll be surprised.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Looks like ascended armorcrafting wont be introduced with next patch and you all can relax a little bit.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Looks like ascended armorcrafting wont be introduced with next patch and you all can relax a little bit.

Source?

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists/ That’s the new update for November 26th. Sure Anet might decide throwing Ascended Armor crafting in that release/patch, but I highly doubt it.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists/ That’s the new update for November 26th. Sure Anet might decide throwing Ascended Armor crafting in that release/patch, but I highly doubt it.

This.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

o.O I’m not sure you understand how prices work. The price going up doesn’t mean we’ll get ascended armor soon. Nobody from anet is sitting around waiting for the price to hit some threshold before releasing the patch. Getting ascended armor soon is what makes the price go up.

Cause->effect

I’m not sure you understand what the thread is about…

Generally before anyone is meant to know anything about some Mystic Forge recipe change or crafting change, the things used in those will jack up in price several days before the patch….no one is meant to know but it consistently happens. With this history in mind, the fact gossamer is climbing in price while having been consistent in price for months may be a coincidence but likely points at something in the 26th patch using a lot of gossamer.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

“Possible Patch Notes for 26th of November” yesterday on reddit.

I really, really hope those patch notes aren’t accurate. RNG drop for the recipe for the precursor weapon? They better be TPable ANet!

I doubt these are true for Nov 26 given the fractured announcement.

However on the off chance that this is how they plan to introduce precursor crafting eventually, so………… they are going help the RNG problems inherent in trying to get a precursor by introducing more RNG with its recipe! Seriously! Anet please stop relying on RNG.

The recipe drop rate would have to be far more common than the actual precursor drop rate for this to be a good thing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Brother Grimm.5176

…..
likely points at something in the 26th patch using a lot of gossamer.

…or people SPECULATING it will…not the first time speculators have jumped the gun too early.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

…..
likely points at something in the 26th patch using a lot of gossamer.

…or people SPECULATING it will…not the first time speculators have jumped the gun too early.

At this time, I wouldnt speculate anymore on ascended armor crafting, or even jeweller. That market is saturated for months now. Cooking might still give you some value if youre smart, but in general it wont.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Time to watch the gossamer plumet in price. I hope a lot of people lost gold in this and continue to do so. Grats to the .01% of people who actually made any meaningful profit.

[DONE]

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

I would not be surprised at all if Gossamer drops in price on patch day.

Everyone saw what happened to Ancient Wood; it caught people off guard and the stockpiles weren’t there. Ancient Wood Logs were less than a silver a pop less than a week before patch day. The very next day, people began to anticipate the same to happen to Gossamer, and the prices started to rise.

Gossamer has been trading at prices implying high volume for a couple months now. In addition, that higher price has made forging Silk into Gossamer attractive, and I suspect tens of millions have been thrown into the forge in that time.

There are a lot of people stockpiling Gossamer. This time, the market will be ready. I’m expecting a flood on patch day.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Yes, gossamer is overpriced. Remember it used to be one silver before the ascended armor announcements. No one needed gossamer then, and no one needs it now still. When the price won’t climb enough after heavy manipulation on the first night, there will be significant dumping.

Hardened leather squares, however… I’m pretty sure people will use these in great quantities to level up their leathersmithing and armorsmith to lvl 430 or so. After that, you use a tiny bit of gossamer for about 4 to 5 armor pieces, and you salvage dungeon armor for the new insignia (similar to weapon inscriptions, like rabid and shaman). Yes, these insignia are already in the game as codes and can even be found on wiki. Anyway, at 450 to 475 you use the refining + toxic recipes, and after that, another 5 pieces using inscriptions salvaged from dungeon armor or you craft cheap snowflake giver’s armor. Voila, you’re now lvl 500 and used under 100 pieces of gossamer scraps. I even left out a few other cheap options (such as exotic dirt cheap sigil crafting)

But, but, what will you do with those 3 stacks of gossamer scraps/bolts that you didn’t really need? That’s right, you sell it to buy wool, linen and cotton for the bolts of damask you’ll undoubtedly need in great quantities. Slowly of course, due to the time-gating, but you will need them eventually, especially if you have more than one character.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

any idea on how many linen/cotton are i supposed to use per character?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

20 bolt of wool
10 bolt of cotton
20 bolt of linen

50 bolt of silk

per day

when its same like the leather wood and metal refinement

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Butter, the antitoxin rune recipes are all 400. The 450 stuffs are all oils/crystals/stones (weaponcrafting). Same with discovering cheap sigils->runes. I think you got confused there a lil bit.

I do agree that the t2-4 cloths will go up more (harder to farm at 80 vs. silk/gos).

I really hope this comes out soon. I haven’t been able to play several alts since ascended weapons came out (I’ve been using them for cloth storage since I saw the huntsman leather recipes xD)

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

some weapons requires 8 spiritwood 3 deldrimors and some Others 93

If the acquisition is the same it would mean something really abysmal…..

let say 160-80-160-450 X6 per character

Something like 1000-500-1000-2700 __

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Buttercup.5871

Butter, the antitoxin rune recipes are all 400. The 450 stuffs are all oils/crystals/stones (weaponcrafting). Same with discovering cheap sigils->runes. I think you got confused there a lil bit.

I said toxic, not anti-toxic I did indeed mean the oils, crystals/stones, which I believe are all called “toxic” something something, no?

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

But those are for weaponcrafting, not armorcrafting. They won’t help with getting to 500 armorcrafting. If they were 450 armorcrafting now no one would be able to make them since it’s capped at 400. The only stuffs for armorcrafting from this event are the runes (400).

Tarnished Coast

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Buttercup.5871

Lordbyron, it’s indeed bad, but not as bad as the wood log—> plank and ore —>ingot conversion, since you need “only” 2 instead of 3 raw materials to craft wool, cotton and linen bolts (although you do need 3 scraps for 1 silk bolt since recently).

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

It’s worse despite only needing 2 IMO… I can run out and gather up soft wood etc. very easily at 80. Getting the cloth at 80 would mean farming bags from mobs which would have a chance at getting the T2-4 cloths.

Tarnished Coast

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

But those are for weaponcrafting, not armorcrafting. They won’t help with getting to 500 armorcrafting. If they were 450 armorcrafting now no one would be able to make them since it’s capped at 400. The only stuffs for armorcrafting from this event are the runes (400).

See, for example:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Morbach%27s_Dire_Insignia

I’m pretty sure it will mirror weaponcrafting.

Yea but you’ll still need to produce a lot of exotic armors like we did when ascended weaponcrafting first came out. I doubt they’ll put in any 450 armor recipes for a while. I do have aprox 7k tokens saved up to help with that part, but the padding lining etc. will eat up a lot of mats from 400-500.

Tarnished Coast

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Buttercup.5871

You’re right. I guess it’s refining ascended materials for that (450-475) level range then. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if they introduced something else there. But you are right.

Edit 1: you responded to a post I deleted as I saw I had misunderstood your message

Edit 2: if you’re like me you should already have about 40 spools to craft elonian leather squares lined up for that level range specifically. But I’m a bit of a nerd in that sense. It’s not indicative for market prices at that time.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

No worries I edit my posts a lot after putting them up so sorry if that was an issue.

Tarnished Coast

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Buttercup.5871

This just in:

We fixed a number of bugs and made lots of balance changes to existing fractals. Also the difficulty scaling has been tweaked overall to create a slightly less difficult curve up to 50.

The weapons are skins now.

Ascended armor is not in the game right now, but if it was, it would drop in the Fractals.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Fractured-Pro-Con-Suggestion-Thread/first#post3228388

I don’t how many more hints they can drop that ascended armor is coming soon.
If you’ve read this thread, you now know where the glut on materials will likely be.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Yes, gossamer is overpriced. Remember it used to be one silver before the ascended armor announcements. No one needed gossamer then, and no one needs it now still. When the price won’t climb enough after heavy manipulation on the first night, there will be significant dumping.

Hardened leather squares, however… I’m pretty sure people will use these in great quantities to level up their leathersmithing and armorsmith to lvl 430 or so. After that, you use a tiny bit of gossamer for about 4 to 5 armor pieces, and you salvage dungeon armor for the new insignia (similar to weapon inscriptions, like rabid and shaman). Yes, these insignia are already in the game as codes and can even be found on wiki. Anyway, at 450 to 475 you use the refining + toxic recipes, and after that, another 5 pieces using inscriptions salvaged from dungeon armor or you craft cheap snowflake giver’s armor. Voila, you’re now lvl 500 and used under 100 pieces of gossamer scraps. I even left out a few other cheap options (such as exotic dirt cheap sigil crafting)

But, but, what will you do with those 3 stacks of gossamer scraps/bolts that you didn’t really need? That’s right, you sell it to buy wool, linen and cotton for the bolts of damask you’ll undoubtedly need in great quantities. Slowly of course, due to the time-gating, but you will need them eventually, especially if you have more than one character.

Prices for gossamer scraps will most definitely to up. Unlike ancient wood, you can’t reliably farm the scraps. Currently there are 54,000 scraps (rounded up) on the market. Let’s say that people are storing twice that many in their banks (likely nowhere near as this).

It’ll take roughly a stack to level up tailor and whatever is needed for armorer. With 162,000 scraps in supply divided by 250, you’ll have enough for 648 people. Considering there will be more than that many trying to max tailoring, the cost will most definitely rise.

What people keep missing is that it does not matter how many scraps people are holding onto. The supply input is pretty consistent as there really is no way to farm them. You can promote silk but there is a threshold where that is no longer cost effective.

Considering you’ll need silk for the T7, these will be drained quickly and the price will go up exponentially. I believe that 3 million silk scraps only yields enough for 20,000 T7 cloths. In pretty sure there’s more than 20,000 active players in this game and the supply input will not be able to keep up for the first week until things settle down.

The gossamer scraps in people’s banks are still considered part of the supply. Those same scraps would have been bought up the second ascended armor was released by people who needed them and those looking to flip them. Stockpiling makes no difference other than make the price for volatile sooner.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Prices for gossamer scraps will most definitely to up. Unlike ancient wood, you can’t reliably farm the scraps. Currently there are 54,000 scraps (rounded up) on the market. Let’s say that people are storing twice that many in their banks (likely nowhere near as this).

It’ll take roughly a stack to level up tailor and whatever is needed for armorer. With 162,000 scraps in supply divided by 250, you’ll have enough for 648 people. Considering there will be more than that many trying to max tailoring, the cost will most definitely rise.

What people keep missing is that it does not matter how many scraps people are holding onto. The supply input is pretty consistent as there really is no way to farm them. You can promote silk but there is a threshold where that is no longer cost effective.

Considering you’ll need silk for the T7, these will be drained quickly and the price will go up exponentially. I believe that 3 million silk scraps only yields enough for 20,000 T7 cloths. In pretty sure there’s more than 20,000 active players in this game and the supply input will not be able to keep up for the first week until things settle down.

The gossamer scraps in people’s banks are still considered part of the supply. Those same scraps would have been bought up the second ascended armor was released by people who needed them and those looking to flip them. Stockpiling makes no difference other than make the price for volatile sooner.

you are severely underestimating that amount stockpiled. I have 6000 gossamer scraps personally, and I know a couple people with 10x that amount.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

you are severely underestimating that amount stockpiled. I have 6000 gossamer scraps personally, and I know a couple people with 10x that amount.

Just because a handful have that many, doesn’t mean everyone does. Let’s say there’s 1,000,000 in supply then. That’s enough for 4,000 people to max their crafts. The price will still go up.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Just because a handful have that many, doesn’t mean everyone does. Let’s say there’s 1,000,000 in supply then. That’s enough for 4,000 people to max their crafts. The price will still go up.

Exactly, it could be possible that for every person with a stockpile, there are 5 casual players with disposable incomes and 0 gossamer scraps saved.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s worse despite only needing 2 IMO… I can run out and gather up soft wood etc. very easily at 80. Getting the cloth at 80 would mean farming bags from mobs which would have a chance at getting the T2-4 cloths.

Yep, some of us have said this is a situation that must be addressed. Methods of obtaining lower level cloth etc. must be more reliable.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Brother Grimm.5176

Exactly, it could be possible that for every person with a stockpile, there are 5 casual players with disposable incomes and 0 gossamer scraps saved.

I’d say that number is closer to 50 than 5.

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I’d say that number is closer to 50 than 5.

Lol. I didn’t want to speculate with no data, but this is my impression as well.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

So, Gossamer Scraps...

in Crafting

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

dust gonna be so expensive…:/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>