So I did what everyone told me to do...

in Crafting

Posted by: Firestrike.3014

Firestrike.3014

A few weeks ago when I talked to people over here about getting my legendary precursor they told me to “stop wasting my money” and farm the other mats which will net me the required gold to buy a precursor when I’m done farming them.

Right now I have 150 gold and every single gift and item beside the Precursor itself.

I’ve played 14 hours in one day to try and catch up to the precursor price but in one day price went up by 50 gold and the same happened again the next day.

So what am I supposed to do? I’ve dumped around 1000 rares and 800 exotics into the forge and got nothing yet some random who dropped 4 random different rares into the forge got a precursor…
How is he more legendary than me,putting 500 hours into the game and trying to get one item while another guy gets lucky.

Don’t get me wrong,If this comes out as kittening or whining its not my intention,my intention is to show right now The precursor acquisition methods and % are absymal and mark more of a gamble than doing anything legendary.

I understand Anet have no intention of Lions Arch being full with people running with legendaries but In the end this is a terrible way to handle it,as it just leads to frustration – theres nothing fun in crafting a legendary atm and in the future you should consider making it a big epic quest involving all of the events and bosses around the huge world.

in Crafting

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

you know what you need to do. take a break yo. seems to me that your racking your mind,fingers and self to pieces. come back to the game a few days later and see whats happen. what? afraid the prices are gonna jump up more. things tend to do two things here. get bad or get better.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

well it seems dusk stabilized at around 300g or so. I doubt prices will keep increasing at 50g a day on a continual rate, otherwise, we’d see precursors going for 600-700g by now. I had hoped you sat on your money, and farmed a bit more and just keep on farming till you can get the amount for it.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: oulivas.9471

oulivas.9471

800 exotics = 600g +
1000 rares = 200g +
And you still got 150g…

Are you kidding me? How is the weather?

oulivas
Portuguese
Seafarer’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Legendaries are a gold/time sink (or rather the entire MF is). So from the looks of this, you’re doing precisely what you’re supposed to.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

“in one day price went up by 50 gold and the same happened again the next day.”
No, no it didn’t. The prices have been stable for almost a week.