Still able to craft celestial armor?

in Crafting

Posted by: Gamer Guy.5182

Gamer Guy.5182

Took a long break from the game, just coming back. Is it still possible to craft this armor or was it tied to an event.

If still craftable, where does one begin?

Thanks in advance!

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

First you need the recipes for it, which are still available on the tp.
Keep in mind that you not only need the recipe for the insignia but also for each armor piece.

Then you need Quartz Crystals, 125 for each armor piece.
If you dont have any and didnt finish the meta achievement during the event (which spawns a daily harvest node for quartz in the home instances) you cant harvest them right now, so again, you need to get those from the TP.
So for one full set, you need 750 quartz crystals.
Then you need to make Charged Quartz Crystals by charging 25 regular crystals at a skill point (best spot is the one South of Divinity´s Reach).
That can be done only once a day because it is time gated, meaning you need 30 days to craft a full celestial set becasue each piece requires 5 charged crystals for the insignia.

Celestial inscriptions for weapons also require 5 charged crystals, Exquisite Jewels to slap on your Trinkets cost only 1 charged crystal.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Personally, I would just buy the recipe for the inscription, jewel and insignia and start fusing crystals. The Ascended armor is coming befor the year ends. I’d rather go for that than another set of exotic celestial set. But it might be worth the time for you.

As Wanze said, an Excuisite Jewel takes one charged quarts, but it takes 5 jewels to make a trinket.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Did they announcecrafted ascended armor before the year ends? I know their “rest of 2013” announcement but did that specifiy crafted? Ascended trinkets were introduced outside of crafting (and still cannot be crafted) so it might be something else for armor too.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Mastruq, I believe ANet mentioned that they intended to increase the mastery caps on the other crafting professions to 500 before the end of the year, but I don’t remember if they actually came out and stated point blank that we would be able to craft ascended armor. It seems like a safe assumption, though.

@OP, if you have another exotic armor set right now, you may want to hold off on crafting an exotic Celestial set and focus on crafting the Charged Quartz Crystals every day to stockpile them, as I suspect they will be an ingredient in the ascended Celestial armor. That’ll likely give you a headstart when the ascended armor is introduced, and even if they’re not used in the ascended pieces, you’ll be able to use them to craft exotics to get up to 500.

It depends how eager you are for your Celestial gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I wouldn’t bother with making a Celestial set right now, although I do have one for my WvW character. There are recipes for “celestial ascended” weapons now and I’m sure we’ll soon have the same for celestial ascended armor.

In the mean time you should concentrate on fusing quartz crystals daily, and if you don’t have that crystal node in your home instance I suggest you buy a bunch from the TP. Based on the current recipes you’re likely going to need 30 charged quartz for an armor set, or 750 of the low level stuff.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: daimonos.9831

daimonos.9831

Did they announce crafted ascended armor before the year ends?

Yes they did. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRR7TNC7c7s . At 2:20, “Ascended armour … coming later in the year.”