Sudden increase in Ecto prices?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nokturnal.6903

Nokturnal.6903

I’ve noticed that for the past few days, ecto prices have increased by more than 2 silvers. Are people stocking up for the upcoming content or is there something else going on? I’m just asking because I’m working towards my legendary and these increases are making it a bit more difficult.

in Crafting

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Ecto’s use to be 18-20s for a very long time, over the past 3 weeks they have slid down and over the last week its been at an all time low of 12s ish. The reason for decline was probably related to the falling prices of rare items – they were as cheap as 10-12s. They kept falling because t5 mats were falling.

T5 mats have increased since John Smith (AN economic expert) said he would be doing something in the Nov 15th patch to make them more desirable. As such many people started buying these mats (which were as low as 15c each).

Because t5 mats have risen, rares rise with them. If rares rise, ectos rise.

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

Oh is that what’s up with the T5 mats. I had a ton I bought cheep, but that was just because. I didn’t want to buy more if these new prices weren’t sustainable.

(How that relates to Ectos is people craft stuff w/ T5 mats and blow it up for Ectos)

in Crafting

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Kind of Noone, some people will salvage the crafted rares but more importantly, people use rares for the legendary pre cursors.

The cheapest 4 rares are always used. If the crafted rares now rise, then people will buy the dropped rares (i.e. from orr etc). However, if the demand for these rares goes up, it will quickly outstrip supply. As such the dropped rares will rise in price until they meet the crafted rares. Now all the rares have risen in price and as such ecto salvagers have to pay more for their salavages and pass the cost onto the buyers.

As long as t5 mats rise, ecto’s will only rise in price.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Make them more desiderable.. like if we was needing a new destroyed market with ectos 1g each. I guess this John Smith has 0 idea of what is truly going on about the TP and what people wants.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Ecto prices are heavily influenced by the price of rares. Rare prices had been dropping the last few weeks, which caused ectos which used to be ~16 to 18 silver, drop all the way to 12. Now they are back up around 15.

My personal opinion is that lead up to halloween and the event itself threw the economy into a bit of turmoil. There was probably less demand for rares during the last week and a half or so which caused prices to fall downwards; the increase in ecto’s back to their pre-halloween pricing is just a normalization.

What’s more curious to me is why elder wood logs increased in price from 35copper to 45 copper at around the start of halloween, whereas mithril stayed constant the whole time (elder woods back down to normal prices now though) The 2 of them are both common components used to craft rare weapons, and of the 2, mithril is usually needed in higher supply.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Crafting

Posted by: ItGamer.1742

ItGamer.1742

Also gold ore and ingots have you noticed the steady increase after the price drop? It was about 88 89 bronze a ingot now it is about 1 silver each.

Level 80 – Sexy Norn Thief
Level 400 – Jewler – Huntsman – Leatherworker
Turning a 2 gold production into a 5 gold profit FTW baby!

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

I think that is just less people in the zone.

in Crafting

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

maybe less bots or more people trying to create legendaries?

Some thought provoking quote