Suggestion: All Recipes Discovered Reward

in Crafting

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

Idea: To encourage players to continue investing in crafting alongside or after reaching max level.

Suggested Implementation:
Achievements for discovering all recipes within a crafting profession for each tier. For example Leatherworking;

Meta-Achievement: Artisan Leatherworker (Reward: Title – Artisan Leatherworker)
All Tier 7 (Grandmaster) Recipes discovered – 10 AP
All Tier 6 (Master) Recipes discovered -5 AP
All Tier 5 (Adept) Recipes discovered – 5 AP
All Tier 4 (Journeyman) Recipes discovered – 5 AP
All Tier 3 (Apprentice) Recipes discovered – 5 AP
All Tier 2 (Initiate) Recipes discovered – 5 AP
All Tier 1 (Novice) Recipes discovered – 5 AP

Total 40AP

I figure this should encourage more time spent with crafting for those who enjoy it, and more gold + mats used in crafting, so makes crafting a more long term hobby than just rushing to 400/500.

If/when new recipes are added to the game, the player could be made to unlock the title again, though cannot earn AP again, unless a new tier is added?

Thoughts?

in Crafting

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

thats…..good!

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

what if Anet added a new tier5 recipe.

Should they remove your AP?

in Crafting

Asyntyche.4827

I think the AP could stay, but the achievement tool-tip could update to let you know that there are more recipes available.

Removing access to the Title until all recipes are discovered again might get complicated, I don’t know how the systems work behind the scenes

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Interesting idea… But I think it may send Fine crafting materials into a price shock. Supply and demand for those seem pretty well balanced at the moment, so I don’t think we need another sink right now. But interesting idea, something to consider if the market starts to get flooded in the game’s later years.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

I think the AP could stay, but the achievement tool-tip could update to let you know that there are more recipes available.

Removing access to the Title until all recipes are discovered again might get complicated, I don’t know how the systems work behind the scenes

It sadly would work the same way as they introduce new zones, I still have “Been there, Done that” achievement and the world still says I’ve discovered it all even though there are zones where I have yet to go (Southsun, the next zone to be added soon, etc.) They wont reverse anything that has to do with titles because someone will complain loudly even though that title no longer makes sense with newly added tiers, zones, etc. I was sad when I found I still had 100% when Southsun was launched, I was really excited to explore the new zone and unlock my title again but no, I still had it and the new zone didn’t count for anything at all.

in Crafting

Asyntyche.4827

It sadly would work the same way as they introduce new zones, I still have “Been there, Done that” achievement and the world still says I’ve discovered it all even though there are zones where I have yet to go (Southsun, the next zone to be added soon, etc.) They wont reverse anything that has to do with titles because someone will complain loudly even though that title no longer makes sense with newly added tiers, zones, etc. I was sad when I found I still had 100% when Southsun was launched, I was really excited to explore the new zone and unlock my title again but no, I still had it and the new zone didn’t count for anything at all.

I understand why it works that way, but I agree, it is a little disappointing. Having things change as new content is added to the game imo would make the new content more exciting and give different players motivation to explore different parts of it.

However unlike map completion, here they could always work an achievement scheme based on the number of recipes discovered (e.g. 50/100/150….Recipes discovered), so that adding new content just increases the options available to get to the final tier, until they want to add an extra tier (much like grandmaster crafting).

in Crafting

Asyntyche.4827

Interesting idea… But I think it may send Fine crafting materials into a price shock. Supply and demand for those seem pretty well balanced at the moment, so I don’t think we need another sink right now. But interesting idea, something to consider if the market starts to get flooded in the game’s later years.

I think you’re right on this. I hadn’t thought about fine materials initially. Having people wanting to discover all recipes would cause a big demand spike initially on the fine material prices, but they would presumably stabilise (at higher prices) after a while.

I suspect the simplest solution to manage the prices would be tweaking drop rates, or allowing an existing drop chances another roll to drop 1-2 fangs/bones etc. Would certainly need monitoring though, which at this point perhaps isn’t viable