Sunrise Crafting Too Hard

in Crafting

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

It’s bad enough you have to go through the trouble of the gift of fortune in which t6 mats are ridiculously hard to farm, and getting the orichalcum from salvaging takes a while. But when I look at charged lodestones, its a pain in the neck to know you have to farm 200g worth of charged cores and on top of that pay another 50 to craft them. I think that the best approach to this is to not farm for the lodestones, occasionally get an salvageable atherized scrap and salvage that, and flip until you get enough money for the rest. I’ve been farming COE for 2 weeks now and all I got is 16 lodestones. I don’t want to farm COE anymore, or just farm those dumb air elementals that don’t exist except in Malchors Leap. I’m okay with everything about the gift of fortune, but this; this is just excruciatingly dumb to farm for. I already got Dusk, I got the Mastery Gift, just need those other 2.

in Crafting

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Run dungeons, you make 50g/day. Then just buy out the cores.

Arun Kar

in Crafting

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

It’s bad enough you have to go through the trouble of the gift of fortune in which t6 mats are ridiculously hard to farm, and getting the orichalcum from salvaging takes a while. But when I look at charged lodestones, its a pain in the neck to know you have to farm 200g worth of charged cores and on top of that pay another 50 to craft them. I think that the best approach to this is to not farm for the lodestones, occasionally get an salvageable atherized scrap and salvage that, and flip until you get enough money for the rest. I’ve been farming COE for 2 weeks now and all I got is 16 lodestones. I don’t want to farm COE anymore, or just farm those dumb air elementals that don’t exist except in Malchors Leap. I’m okay with everything about the gift of fortune, but this; this is just excruciatingly dumb to farm for. I already got Dusk, I got the Mastery Gift, just need those other 2.

Sell your Dusk by listing on current price.

Put buy order for Dawn.

Buy charged lodestones with the leftovers, problem solved.

in Crafting

Posted by: Skyguy.3715

Skyguy.3715

How do you make 50g a day? I do cof p1 p2 Ac p1 p3 ta up forwars se p1 p3 cm p1 arah p2 p3 and get like 15g…

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Grind Run dungeons, you make 50g/day. Then just buy out the cores.

Fixed that for you.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It’s the first time I’ve seen someone complain about getting orichalcum and not complaining about Dusk.

I think you’re just complaining because you are too impatient to finish off your legendary quest.

in Crafting

Nusku.3941

Yeah, I decided to stop trying to rush it through, and instead take my time with it. And I wasn’t really complaining about getting orichalcum, it’s pretty easy to get compared to the t6 mats.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Please, why don’t you share what dungeons you run in a day? You’d have to run all of them to get 50 gold.

in Crafting

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Exactly. From my calculations incorporating raw gold reward and exotic/rare vendor salvage chances, you’d get 30ish gold per day by runnin AC all paths, TA f/u, CM 1/3, CoF 1/2 SE 1/3, CoE 2/3 and Arah 3. Thats not counting the yield from bags of coins or champion bag drops and random yellows and whatnot, but it sounds unfeasible for most people with actual lives or non-pve guild commitments to run every single path to get 50 gold a day (although I’d have to run those numbers with every path to verify). Arah path of being dwayna DPS checked, SE p2 with its crazy long path confusion, crushing boss and supergolems, TA spider death tree, bomb blitzing necro path of CM, troll-puzzle CoF path, and the other pug nightmares of arah p1/2 withough smokefields/SR are a bit too stressful for most normal players to run daily on top of all the dungeons. Most of those paths I’ve done once and then never touched again (other than arah 1/2). Oh and I forgot HoTW (p1 got buffed a while back apparently?) And p2/3 of that are just underwater, long and tedious from what I remember. Hmmmm.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Crafting

nagr.1593

Please, why don’t you share what dungeons you run in a day? You’d have to run all of them to get 50 gold.

I was mainly talking about one dungeon, actually. you can solo any arah path in an hour or so (except p4) and sell it for an easy 20g or so. i usually sell one or two paths and do a regular dungeon tour for around 15g, the whole thing takes me 3-4 hours.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

50g/day probably includes monetizing the dungeon tokens and random loot drops, and every path of every dungeon. also;“day” typically has 24 hours. 3 hours per day will not make 50g in dungeons.

in Crafting

nearlight.3064

Well Nagr, you might want to clarify that you are good enough to solo and sell arah before posting that you can make 50 gold a day. You made it sound like anyone could do that, when thats not true at all because not all of use are PVE heroes. If I melee lupi on ele in a group, I usually die, and thats because I suck at reading and reacting to his attacks. But thats fine since being a master of arah isn’t one of aspirations in this game, but its great for those who can.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Well Nagr, you might want to clarify that you are good enough to solo and sell arah before posting that you can make 50 gold a day. You made it sound like anyone could do that, when thats not true at all because not all of use are PVE heroes. If I melee lupi on ele in a group, I usually die, and thats because I suck at reading and reacting to his attacks. But thats fine since being a master of arah isn’t one of aspirations in this game, but its great for those who can.

What he said wasn’t wrong, it just left out some information that might be critical to certain people.

I will say that it is funny watching you spazz out at someone being better than you by calling them a PvE hero. Which is funny because if you don’t PvP or WvW, then you are in fact also a PvE hero by definition and if you PvP, it makes one question why you would want a legendary.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

nearlight.3064

What he said wasn’t wrong, it just left out some information that might be critical to certain people.

I will say that it is funny watching you spazz out at someone being better than you by calling them a PvE hero. Which is funny because if you don’t PvP or WvW, then you are in fact also a PvE hero by definition and if you PvP, it makes one question why you would want a legendary.

Yeah.. I’m a spazz

Hahaha but anyway yeah, I was basically saying that because he left out such an important detail to his post, it was a tad confusing for me to process because I’ve done the math about the gold yield from the amount of dungeons that I can do per day, and when people say they can make 50-60 gold per day, I don’t know how they can every day without running every path, which is unrealistic for someone of my skills and time.

As for calling him a PvE hero, I don’t consider that to be a bad thing, because after all I need pve gods to solo lupi when I die (even though I probably won’t do too much arah in the future anymore)

And for the record, I’m a WvW player primarily right now, but I do try to do all of the easy dungeons each day, and from my math, I’ve determined that it puts me only 10-15 days of easy dungeons (4-5 hours a day by pugging usually, so my WvW time has been limited a bit) away from making my legendary, although that will vary based on whether or not howl goes back to the price it was before flippers had their way with it on June 7th..

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Crafting

Nusku.3941

The most gold I’ve made a day through dungeoneering is just 30g to be honest, this includes loot and spending tokens. I can see how an arah path can take about 30-35 min solo on a warrior but it’s Arah and I don’t want to have to go through the process of undergoing Arah just to sell it. In my view, he is in fact a PVE hardlord, for dungeoneering that much in my opinion; but we only live one lifetime, and I’d rather TP flip than to have to go 16 hours a day just to conjure enough gold; there’s no fun in that. By TP flipping I’m making more profits every 2 days, sometimes a market might go down, but dungeoneering, I’ve been there, gotten 300g max from flat out doing dungeons all day in 3 weeks, and it made me feel like punching a mirror.

in Crafting

nagr.1593

I don’t know where you’re getting 16 hours a day bro.. I alrdy said how long it takes me. I’m not smart enough to play the TP, tried it once and ended up losing quite a bit of gold so I just gave up on it. You also might think its 30min or less to solo Arah, but thats an ideal time which you won’t get until a lot of practice (i usually do 40min at best).

I used to do dungeon tours for 30g/day, but it was too much of a chore for me after a while. personally on a daily basis I only do the few dungeons that I like, namely TA both paths, CoF P1, CoE p1 or 2 (sometimes both), Arah 1/2, and AC 1/3 if I have time. thats hardly much and takes 2 hours at most.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

The best way to farm is actually doing a variety of things. Doing one thing over and over again gets really tiring. You also get the bonus of having fun while farming. :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Convert Charged cores into Charged Lodestones.
You could try farming Air Elements near temples, but I wouldn’t advice doing it.