T6 Mats and How not to buy them all?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

So in my quest for Meteorlogicus, I have faced a lot of challenges. The cost of the pre (thankfully got another, more expensive pre, sold it, and bought Storm), running CoE (not so bad, really, just monotonous), and now, on my final stretch, it is the T6 mats I am stuck on. My highest stack is like 155 Ancient Bones. My Lowest is sitting around 87 Armored Scales.

I’ve used Laurels, I’ve used item promotion, I’ve been lucky enough to find some, but at this rate, this step will be slower than all others.

To alleviate this, I have come here, asking two things:

1) Where would be the ideal (try to be specific) place to farm these?

2) Are there any groups on any servers that farm this for a dedicated amount of time? I would love to join if possible!

If you have any other tips and tricks you may be able to share, I’d appreciate it. Thanks for reading!

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

For my 1st legendary I farmed all my t6. It took me over 9 months. For the second one I made I bought them and it took me a week. Kinda messed up right?

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Not sure on t6 mat prices atm but they will increase with legendaries becoming account bound. Everyone will want them causig the prices related to all mats to increase. Gold was easier to farm than t6 mats. If you farm 5g a hour you will need to farm ~15 t6 mats a hour. Easy enough for me to get +10g a hour from TP.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You can definately farm specific t6 mats, just look it up in the wiki. In shouthsun you can kill sharks for scales or karka for bloods.
Underwaterfarming is usually more efficient because AoE has 3 dimensional hit boxes.
Various heavy lootbags are a good source for t6 mats as well. I get between 10-20 t6 mats from heavy loot bags from WvW every day since Spring Tourney started.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Have you done your clovers yet?

If not then go ahead and do them first because you will get some T6 mats from those when you fail. Expect to get around a 33% success rate for clovers with most of the failures yielding T6 mats.

The frostgorge champ run is probably your best bet if you have already done clovers. Champ chests will give T6 mats, gold and other things you can sell for gold.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Pump up your magic find and kill stuff in the water off the east coast of Southsun. This should get you scale, blood and fangs. Claws are good from the northern parts of frostgorge. For totems kill the grawl in frostgorge or run Honor of the Waves regularly. Bones are usually good from Orr. Venom sacs can be gained by killing (I think) wasps in Southson, near where the collect the parts quest is.

Heavy bags and chests are also a good source, and it would be best to farm events in Orr for these. Go to Vol’s epic gold making guide in the BLTC forum (it should be on page 2) for details on the ones you want to hit.

in Crafting

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

As above, but you can get the poison sacs in Orr as well. Find some event that have waves of risen and spiders, bones and poison as direct drops and a bit of everything from bags.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Do clovers first, as mentioned. Any clovers you don’t get, you’ll get T6 mats instead.
Farm the above mentioned areas, stockpile any T5 and T6 mats that you get.
Keep an eye on the Trading Post prices. If it’s worth trying to upgrade the T5 mats in the toilet, do so. If not, just sell the T5 mats and spend that much on T6 mats. IE, sell 50s worth of T5 bloods and then buy 50s worth of T6. Probably more efficient ways to go about it, but doing it like that made me feel like I was making progress.

in Crafting

Nabarue.3290

I have done my clovers. The last things I need are the gifts requiring the T6 mats.

Thanks for all the responses. I will be taking a new approach, and I will mostly work on making Gold, but supplement that with the occasional farming trip to Orr. And Southsun huh? I barely EVER get down there, so I’ll certainly be looking into that, thanks for that little tip!

And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If you have Laurels to spare, trading them for Heavy Crafting Bags (1 Laurel each) is also a nice way to supplement your T6 acquisition.

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I don’t know why players like OP insist on getting everything by farming themselves. By far the best way is to play for fun, then buy the boring, grindy materials off the TP from the bots.

Regardless, the farming spots for most materials were listed above. You could also EOTM Champ/Karma/WXP farm, because the champ bags will be effected by Magic Find come the 15th patch.

You can also get T6 fangs from Southsun Sharks I believe, as well as the Scales that Wanze mentioned.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I don’t know why players like OP insist on getting everything by farming themselves. By far the best way is to play for fun, then buy the boring, grindy materials off the TP from the bots.

Regardless, the farming spots for most materials were listed above. You could also EOTM Champ/Karma/WXP farm, because the champ bags will be effected by Magic Find come the 15th patch.

You can also get T6 fangs from Southsun Sharks I believe, as well as the Scales that Wanze mentioned.

No Fangs from Sharks. And only pvp reward chests will be affected by mf, not champ bags.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

For some (many?) of us, the self sufficiency is part of the fun.

Back on topic – All the tips above are good ones. To give you an idea what you’re in for – my stats on t6 drop rates suggest about 6% chance of getting a t6 mat from a southsun kill with 200MF. You should shoot for 450-500 kills per hour (or more). Mob density seems to be the limiting factor, not kill speed. I favor 30/25/0/15/0 underwater condition necro build with trident to tag/aggro 3-10 mobs at once and just kite/DS tank while they bleed. Long range trident #1 gets enemies bleeding to death as you round them up, #2 can tag and aggro lots of enemies in aoe and trident #5 or epidemic to finish off the group.

I’m interested in hearing the builds and kill/hr that others use too.

in Crafting

Nabarue.3290

Oh don’t get me wrong, I do lots of other things (maybe too much WvW…), but at this point in my Legendary Hunt, I’m ready to give it a concentrated effort to finish it. It’s been about 4-5 months, and I’m ready to finally end it, given that I am ONLY short the T6 mats. I would try to play the TP a bit to get stuff, but I was NOT blessed with a good eye for anything dealing with money.

I will say this, your sig shows that you are not new at all to the Legendary Hunt, and I appreciate the input you have given!

I spent a little time in Southsun earlier, and I found a few things. I just need to find the a good spot. Water farming is a smart idea. Took my engineer, traited him for grenades, and went to town. It was a good start.

Thanks again for everyone’s input, it’s been valuable indeed!

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

If you looked at my guide you can get a full stack of T6 mats in about a month of farming.

You can also get a lot of T6 mats if you wish to gamble with clovers.

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

And only pvp reward chests will be affected by mf, not champ bags.

God kitten players and their botched sources.

No Fangs from Sharks.

What around there drops fangs then? A few guildies farm Southsun and regularly get fangs and scales, but nothing else (so that signifies underwater to me).

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

And only pvp reward chests will be affected by mf, not champ bags.

God kitten players and their botched sources.

No Fangs from Sharks.

What around there drops fangs then? A few guildies farm Southsun and regularly get fangs and scales, but nothing else (so that signifies underwater to me).

Reef skelk. Some (actually lots) live underwater.

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Here’s the problem with this. When I needed Clovers, I would get mostly T6 mats. So then I finished my Legendary, and decided to do some gambling. When I need T6 mats, I would get mostly Clovers. RNG is evil.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Here’s the problem with this. When I needed Clovers, I would get mostly T6 mats. So then I finished my Legendary, and decided to do some gambling. When I need T6 mats, I would get mostly Clovers. RNG is evil.

Yeah, getting the same now as I’m working on my 2nd legendary. Some of my T6 stacks are over 100+ from trying for clovers, while my clovers are only like 40 atm. Last forge I tried 20 times for the ectos I had, got 1 clover. They say it’s 1 in 3, 33% chance, but it doesn’t seem like it to me.

in Crafting

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Find yourself a good reliable guild that does dungeons extremely fast.
Start with Arah P1 & 2, then AC 1-3 followed by cof 1-2
Now take the gold you earned n put in buy offers for your T6 mats, rinse n repeat daily.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

On of my friends who used to do like 15 fractals a day said they enabled him to drown in T6 mats. Dredge in particular.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mindgame.7852

Mindgame.7852

You can make T6 mats in the mystic forge. For example you want Ancient Bones…it takes 50 large bones, one ancient bone, crystalline dust, and a philosopher’s stone. You get between 8-12 Ancient bones. There are similar recipes for each of the other mats. Some think its not worth it. But it has saved me gold cause I had lots of the lesser mats.

in Crafting

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

So question. I’ve recently started the quest for a legendary, and the t6 mats are my biggest concern. It’s been mentioned that going for clovers is a good way to get them, as failure yields t6 mats. Now if I was to go that route, would it be better to go for one at a time? or for 10 at a time? I understand that 10 at a time would yield more T6 mats, but then you would need even more ecto and obsidian shards. Which to me, seems to be counter productive as you need those for other parts of the recipes.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Crafting

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I agree with the poster who said to buy the T6 mats with laurels (if you can). 3 per laurel.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Crafting

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Both the single recipe and the 10 recipe have the same chance ~33% and yield the same equivalent rewards.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover/Drop_rate

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

So in my quest for Meteorlogicus, I have faced a lot of challenges. The cost of the pre (thankfully got another, more expensive pre, sold it, and bought Storm), running CoE (not so bad, really, just monotonous), and now, on my final stretch, it is the T6 mats I am stuck on. My highest stack is like 155 Ancient Bones. My Lowest is sitting around 87 Armored Scales.

I’ve used Laurels, I’ve used item promotion, I’ve been lucky enough to find some, but at this rate, this step will be slower than all others.

2) Are there any groups on any servers that farm this for a dedicated amount of time? I would love to join if possible!

If you have any other tips and tricks you may be able to share, I’d appreciate it. Thanks for reading!

Where did you farm exactly??? i get about 5 of each type like 8x kitten mats per 6-7 hours in Cursed Shore :/ its easy just get a group and do chains farm moldy bags sell w/e extra do champs/temples salvage rares get ecto sell exotic stuff. Its Easy.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

Where did you farm exactly??? i get about 5 of each type like 8x 45 to 50 mats per 6-7 hours in Cursed Shore just get a group and do chains farm moldy bags sell w/e extra do champs/temples salvage rares get ecto sell exotic stuff/Get Orichalchum/Ancient Wood/Omnomnom and Ghost Pepper. Its Easy.Use Omnom Bars for boost and guild banners for Magic Find

(edited by Mono.7320)

in Crafting

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I bought most of the t6 mats for my Gift of Fortune with laurels.

Also, the small chests in the Antre of Adjournment jumping puzzle have a decent chance of giving you t6 mats.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bawzdawg.2839

Bawzdawg.2839

Guest on a server farmin orr events in cursed shore (Abbadons Mouth [DE]) does it all day. u get up to 200 bags / day or more, they contain t6 mats aswell as the mobs drop mostly bones and dust . since there are lots of champs spawning during the event chains i think its a lot more profitable than fgs champ train