Teach me how to level from 1-80 via crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Goathi.7034

Goathi.7034

I already leveled two toons to 80 doing quests and stuff… kinda tired of spend so much time into it.. so now I’m just gonna craft my way to 80…

but I never ever tried to craft something…. can someone help me with some tips?

in Crafting

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That is going to be very expensive since you need to get to 500. You will still end up a few levels short since cooking and jewelcrafting doesn’t go to 500 yet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Dont do this with the current market unless you want to spend about double (maybe more) what you would have spent before the last patch. Ascended armor has raised prices of almost everything except for cooking and maybe jewelcrafting. Give it a month or two and it will be cheaper.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Dont do this with the current market unless you want to spend about double (maybe more) what you would have spent before the last patch. Ascended armor has raised prices of almost everything except for cooking and maybe jewelcrafting. Give it a month or two and it will be cheaper.

In a month or 2 you could have 2 or 3 lv80 just leveling normally.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Do not. Level via gathering mats and farming and salvaging stuff. You will end filthy rich.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You can get close to 80 by using the 1-20 scroll (from b-day gifts/achievements) then crafting everything to 400. It’ll still cost you, but not nearly as much as trying to go 1-80 with just crafting alone.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Take a lvl 20 Book, Craft Artificier, Jewler and Chef to 400 (15g together) do all the Story quests, explore the cities, do some WvW.. thats how i got my 11th Toon to 80 within 20 hours playtime

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

in Crafting

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Back when the cap was 400, you used to be able to level just through crafting, as levelling one skill to 400 was ten levels. Ten levels, eight crafting skills, boom, level 80.

This was changed when they released ascended weapons, they changed the scaling on all skills (even the ones still capped at 400) to 500 for ten levels. Getting to 400 only got you six or seven levels. This pretty much killed “crafting your way to 80”, since even if you do spend the absurd amounts of money to cross the 400-500 gap, you’ll still be a few levels short since cooking and jewelcrafting are still capped at 400.