Tell me Precursors aren't a problem

in Crafting

Posted by: Munkee.3542

Munkee.3542

Enough with sticking bandaids on the severed limb called precursors, it’s time for something productive. Watch The Lover get relisted around 600g soon.

Attachments:

Mesmer
Pinnacle Of Responsibility [Mom] – Yak’s Bend

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Well there really isn’t a point in throwing rares into the forge looking for a precursor worth less than ~500 gold, so I can’t say I’m surprised.

in Crafting

Munkee.3542

Just for the sake of now making my point.

Fix. Precursors.

Attachments:

Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So quit trying to buy your way out of risk.
There are two possibilites-

Its so hard to make one of these that that’s a good and valid price.

or

It would cost less to make one yourself, so you should.

Which one do YOU think is true?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Precursers are not a problem. They’re optional, you can get skins just as nice as legendaries without spending 600g

in Crafting

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Precursers are not a problem. They’re optional, you can get skins just as nice as legendaries without spending 600g

Yes they are, they can only be acquired trough crazy RNG, some get lucky and get it in the 1st try and some will never get it, buying it from the TP isn’t an acceptable option, period.

And Legendary weapons being sold in the TP is just ridiculous they should be account bound.

in Crafting

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

Most people missed the simple fact that they are called “legendary” for a reason. Most other MMO the same caliber weapons take years to acquired and barely 5% of the population has it. This game take 3-4 weeks top and people are still whining about how hard it is to get. Just wait until they release alternative way to get precursors then you people will be complaining why is the 90% of the server population have the same weapons as I have. Have you people been in a dungeon with 4-5 Norm or Char swinging sunrise or twilight? It’s annoying as hell, most dungeons fighting areas are tight space so you can’t see anything other than the weapon swing animations.

The endless cycle of kittening, moaning and whining will continue doesn’t matter what anet decided to do whether they make it harder or easier to get. It’s a lose lose situation for them.

(edited by Riaky.8965)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

Maybe the laurel gear boxes will give precursors at a reasonable rate? Only time will tell.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Precursor prices are soaring in the aftermath of the bot ban. I don’t disagree that prices are pretty ridiculous, but they are adjusting to the new reality of a much lower supply of T5 fine materials.

in Crafting

Riaky.8965

Maybe the laurel gear boxes will give precursors at a reasonable rate? Only time will tell.

A developer already said it won’t happen.

in Crafting

Riaky.8965

Precursor prices are soaring in the aftermath of the bot ban. I don’t disagree that prices are pretty ridiculous, but they are adjusting to the new reality of a much lower supply of T5 fine materials.

The current legendary obtain system is flaw from the start, I’m not disagreeing with that but making legendary easier to get isn’t the answer. What Anet should have done is make precursors account bound only from the beginning and it should have a class type of it own rather than “exotic”

in Crafting

Posted by: Cynical.2097

Cynical.2097

Oh no. Something rare is high in value? Better go complain on the forums. Seriously, It isn’t going to just come to you easy. Try working at it. Stop spending money on useless kitten and learn to save and or invest it.

in Crafting

Posted by: THuGaNoMiX.5036

THuGaNoMiX.5036

Precursors are not a problem. Legendary is supposed to take some time to get. Unless you a genius with the TP, like me it should take some time.

Not to mention on my off day I made over 30 gold just from running fractals, so 10 gold a day aint’ kitten.

600/10=60 days

60 days = 2 months not that big a deal to get a precursor. I mean kitten, what do you want ANET to just give it to you? What fun is that? The whole point is to reach the goal and have fun.

in Crafting

Munkee.3542

Alright, let me address this. I understand the concept of a legendary weapon, I understand it should take time to get. But there’s a different between legendary and LUCKY. How difficult is it to get that through your heads? Since launch, without grinding, I’ve been saving my materials to make a legendary. But, because the RNG for the precursors absolutely BLOWS, I will never get my legendary. When you can spend 550g and not get one in the Forge and someone else can get one in under 4g there’s a flaw with that system. That is called pure, random, luck. Basing a “legendary” off of RNG is a moronic thought and I’d love to know who came up with that idea.

The people who have a stranglehold of them on the TP are the people who exploited at the beginning of the game and were gifted their account back if they “promised to delete everything.” Bullkitten, those people now rule the game’s economy. That’s called poor design and horrendous control over your game.

I played GW1, I remember working hard to get the high end stuff and then eventually everyone had it gifted to them. I’m not complaining that I can’t get a legendary, I’m purely making the point that there’s a serious flaw in the method of getting one. Quit being ignorant elitists and learn to see a flaw for what it is.

My point, make it hard to get; not lucky to get.

Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

The dreamer is still cheaper to make than Sunrise / Twilight / Juggernaut / Bifrost.

I don’t see the problem here.
The effects were upgraded, so the hype increased towards getting it.

And guess who’s working on his 4th leggy thanks to that?

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I agree that precursors need another way to be gotten other than being lucky with the RNG. As it stands now, unless you got in on the ground floor with a precursor, you’re in for one long grind to get one now. I personally got lucky with the karka event and got my kudzu precursor when they were cheap. And again like i’ve said before, the only thing legendary about a legendary is the gold you need to grind to overcome the inflation of precursors as well as the price.

I don’t think precursors should be given out but there should be a reliable yet still time consuming way of getting em say X amount of dragon kills, 500-1000 of all dungeon tokens, or something along that line where you see progress for time invested. Don’t try and say if you grind gold you will see progress because you don’t when the inflation on em goes up faster than most people can make gold. And for you people who say “well just play the TP or I can farm X amount of gold a day easily”, good for you but again, what is legendary about standing infront of the TP for 12 hours a day or grinding mobs for 12 hours a day?

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

So would you guys be happy if they introduced a way to get a precursor via, say, a solo combat challenge that is so hard only 5% of people attempting it have even a chance of ever winning it?
Even if it means that for those of non-godly skills (which includes you, me, and pertty much everyone) would have zero chance of getting one?

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Crafting

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

So would you guys be happy if they introduced a way to get a precursor via, say, a solo combat challenge that is so hard only 5% of people attempting it have even a chance of ever winning it?
Even if it means that for those of non-godly skills (which includes you, me, and pertty much everyone) would have zero chance of getting one?

Stuff like that would actually be a good start. You have to figure some people that want a precursor would succeed at the ventures, bringing the precursor prices down by a bit if nothing else. (Demand being that much lower to buy on the TP)

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Nosgoth.4218

Kain Nosgoth.4218

Precursors are not a problem. Legendary is supposed to take some time to get. Unless you a genius with the TP, like me it should take some time.

Not to mention on my off day I made over 30 gold just from running fractals, so 10 gold a day aint’ kitten.

600/10=60 days

60 days = 2 months not that big a deal to get a precursor. I mean kitten, what do you want ANET to just give it to you? What fun is that? The whole point is to reach the goal and have fun.

Go away, srlsy. Farming fractals isn’t for everyone. Other ppl got their precursors in 25h or for free (karka) or ultra luck out from a wolf in wvw or in forge etc. and now we should work for 500h doing something we don’t like to grind for 600g? Like the other 3 gifts are free and making precursors 300g (or a fixed amount of dungeon tokens, until the SH is also added) would make it a walk in the park.

Keep in mind this is coming form a guy with 1415h played (since launch minus 3 weeks with no log in).

“So would you guys be happy if they introduced a way to get a precursor via, say, a solo combat challenge that is so hard only 5% of people attempting it have even a chance of ever winning it?”

If they added that right now (read as 2 weeks) and not remove the other ways or cancel SH I would instantly stop any and all QQ.

Just beacuase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA
AFL – Away From Life. // I admit to being a bad person.
Character specific key binds…yesterday if possible. Thank you.

(edited by Kain Nosgoth.4218)

in Crafting

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Well, that’s the problem. You have to limit the % of people that have legendaries. Right now, they’re doing that via RNG.

If they added a surefire way to get them, then those would have to be account bound. Otherwise they’d just get farmed.

And INSANELY difficult. Something like soloing a boss with HotW levels of HP, massive damage, on a Mad King Clocktower type of arena, maybe even with a timer. That hard, to ensure only a select few can display such a weapon.

I somehow get the feeling we would see a lot more QQ on the forums then….

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Crafting

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

As requested by op:
Precursors aren’t a problem.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

As requested by op:
Precursors aren’t a problem.

The ability to buy everything for a legendary, including the legendary itself, minus dungeon tokens and badges, is the problem.

Having a player run economy while the above is true is an absolute mistake.

Legendaries should be a long process of in game activities not tied to gold. Leave the gold sink to the amazing skins of non legendaries and develop an intricate system of legendary acquisition that rivals EQ’s system through rare feats of actually gameplay.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnterRehab.3268

EnterRehab.3268

lawls. everyone will make a warrior to get their precursors.

See:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Wethospu

Aeilos – 80 Thief – Maguuma [TTK]

in Crafting

Sauzo.6821

My question is WHY do legendaries need to limited to X% of people? I mean its not like it took people who have them now any real skill to get em. And if they are only skins as alot claim, why shouldn’t everyone have an equal and fair chance of getting one? RNG from MF is not fair or equal in any sense. I can understand people wanting to be unique and all but i’m gonna let you in on a secret, this is an MMO where NO ONE is a unique snowflake. So all the people crying about how making it easier will cheapen the legendaries, sorry but they are already cheapened by the fact of people selling em on the broker for gold and gold sellers even selling em for RL cash. And this is coming from someone who has a legendary already, Kudzu.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Personally i still dont know why they dont gave us soulbound precurson for 100 laurents in vendor. Thinking must hurts anyway. Everyone would be happy…ok except ppl controlling precuson market.

in Crafting

EnterRehab.3268

Personally i still dont know why they dont gave us soulbound precurson for 100 laurents in vendor. Thinking must hurts anyway. Everyone would be happy…ok except ppl controlling precuson market.

Because:

1 daily = 1 laurel
1 monthly = 10 laurel

assuming 365 days a year, and 12 months, of course.

12 X 10 = 120
365 * 1 = 365
————————-
485 laurels in 1 year.

I think that nearly 5 precursors per person who does the daily and monthly MIGHT flood the market just a tad more than they would want.

in Crafting

Sauzo.6821

If they make precursors acct bound, then it wouldn’t matter and everyone would be happy..minus the guys selling the precursor for outrageous amounts of gold. And thats like 40 laurels a month/120 in 3 months which actually is a good amount of time. They can go ahead and leave the dropped/MF ones sellable and make the ones bought with laurels acct bound just like exotic gear bought with tokens and dropped/crafted exotic gear.

Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)

in Crafting

EnterRehab.3268

If they make precursors acct bound, then it wouldn’t matter and everyone would be happy..minus the guys selling the precursor for outrageous amounts of gold. And thats like 40 laurels a month/120 in 3 months which actually is a good amount of time. They can go ahead and leave the dropped/MF ones sellable and make the ones bought with laurels acct bound just like exotic gear bought with tokens and dropped/crafted exotic gear.

So your solution to the precursor problem is to kill the market for them? If you can get them for free, why would you pay? Logic, my dear sir.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shadowfist.2708

Shadowfist.2708

Legendary weapons are supposed to be rare.
Legendary weapons are supposed to take a lot of work and dedication.
You are not entitled to a legendary weapon. You may choose to earn it.

People have legendary weapons. It is obviously obtainable. There’s no “fixes” needed.

Too many of you assume that you are entitled to one. You’re not.

in Crafting

Scoobaniec.9561

Legendary weapons are supposed to take a lot of luck and gold earned by tp, gems.

People have legendary weapons. It is obviously obtainable. There’s no “fixes” needed.

Fixed that for u

in Crafting

Posted by: THuGaNoMiX.5036

THuGaNoMiX.5036

How about if you have such a huge problem with it, you just don’t get a legendary? Sounds to me like we have a bunch of sissy’s in here who just want the greatest achievement in the entire game to be given to them.

I didn’t use RNG on my precursor. I bought it for 400 gold. It is seriously not that hard to farm gold in this game. If you don’t wanna farm, you don’t wanna play the TP, you don’t wanna do anything for the weapon is what it sounds like to me.

If you are crying about any part of the Legendary process, then you do not deserve to wield a Legendary weapon. Period.

in Crafting

Scoobaniec.9561

I actually wanted to farm for it, but how long u can run cof p1? The last increase in prices killed my motivation to actually play the game.

From 600g pew to 700, nty. If they wants to keep the rng system they got atm, have fun, im out. Lets see how long that game will be running, watch server population.

People are sick of many things, yet nothing is done about it, i feel like i playing a game made my amateurs.

I know one guy that got his dusk within 20g using rares, yet i have spend over 300g and nothing using rares and exotic – its fair i understand.

Current ppl that got legendary are tp players, the ones that bought it cheap at start, karka event, lucky ppl that one dropped for them, or they just bought it from goldsellers. Yay so legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

What are you talking about ?

Anyway!!!!

Ppl got precursors with game’s glitchs etc etc.. it means all of em entitled to one or 20 of em in one toon’s bag ? bahh…

I have all the Gifts ( Gift of Twilight + Gift of Fortune + Gift of Mastery ) in my bank and enough mats too made another set of full gifts but not dusk.

If that means I’m not entitled to get a legendary cuz i’m not lucky enough to get dusk or i’m stupid enough to not use bugs for it… just kitten this game and thx too mmo gods, TES Online is coming… !!!

On the other hand you must be another precursor seller ( since most of em got a lots of precursors with early bugs ) or hatter troll if you are saying this.

(edited by azazil.9541)

in Crafting

Shadowfist.2708

I have all the Gifts ( Gift of Twilight + Gift of Fortune + Gift of Mastery ) in my bank and enough mats too made another set of full gifts but not dusk.

If that means I’m not entitled to get a legendary cuz i’m not lucky enough to get dusk or i’m stupid enough to not use bugs for it… just kitten this game and thx too mmo gods, TES Online is coming… !!

So… you have 3/4 forge pieces needed to craft your legendary and you’re not willing to farm the gold to buy your precursor or gamble with the forge to get one. Sorry but all that tells me is that you’re not willing to go the extra mile to get one of the highest achievements in the game. I’m not trying to bash you but you don’t deserve it if you aren’t willing to bust your balls for it man.

Some people get lucky. Some people don’t. That’s just the way it is.

I wasn’t very lucky. It took me a long time and ridiculous play sessions to get mine. That’s just part of it. If you want a legendary bad enough you’ll get one. If you don’t want it bad enough, you’ll come to the forums and raise a stink because it’s not been handed to you yet.

in Crafting

azazil.9541

If that means I’m not entitled to get a legendary cuz i’m not lucky enough to get dusk or i’m stupid enough to not use bugs for it… just kitten this game and thx too mmo gods, TES Online is coming… !!

So… you have 3/4 forge pieces needed to craft your legendary and you’re not willing to farm the gold to buy your precursor or gamble with the forge to get one. Sorry but all that tells me is that you’re not willing to go the extra mile to get one of the highest achievements in the game. I’m not trying to bash you but you don’t deserve it if you aren’t willing to bust your balls for it man.

I wasn’t very lucky. It took me a long time and ridiculous play sessions to get mine. That’s just part of it. If you want a legendary bad enough you’ll get one. If you don’t want it bad enough, you’ll come to the forums and raise a stink because it’s not been handed to you yet.

Totally you are not getting the point!

I farmed enough, and i have enough money also point is ppl got precursors with bugs ( a.net did not anything about it just patched after ) and not only 1 or 2. Some ppl got over 30 precursors ( also i know couple of em, they are still playing this game ) and still selling them.

Point is I don’t want to feed them with my money !!!!!

Also we can count Gold Sellers too. They are keep selling precursors and also legendries!!! Check their websites and talk with ’em. One of ’em have over 40 Twilight atm according to their online support guy!!

They keep forum pm’ing, in-game advertising for gold and that items. I’m not willing to feed them also.

I have enough mats and gifts for 2 twilight or sunrise!

And you are saying " you don’t deserve it if you aren’t willing to bust your balls for it ".

Yes I want it acctualy i want both of em for eternity but not that bad. Point is I can live without it and without feeding buggers and gold sellers with my money!!!!!

Did you understand the point of my view ?

Edit : I forgot to add my played time… I didn’t early start but…

Across all characters, I have played for 1,115 hours 0 minutes over past 4 months.

(edited by azazil.9541)

in Crafting

Shadowfist.2708

Yeah I guess. If you don’t want to buy it from those people then don’t. Use the money and gamble it on the forge then.

If it were up to me, precursors would be account bound and not sellable. Make everyone use the forge. That fixes the gold issue. Of course, someone else would complain about that for some other reason. The thing is, precursors will never be cheap. Ever. They’ll always be expensive, and I’m not sure you can really do anything about that.

in Crafting

azazil.9541

Yeah I guess. If you don’t want to buy it from those people then don’t. Use the money and gamble it on the forge then.

If it were up to me, precursors would be account bound and not sellable. Make everyone use the forge. That fixes the gold issue. Of course, someone else would complain about that for some other reason. The thing is, precursors will never be cheap. Ever. They’ll always be expensive, and I’m not sure you can really do anything about that.

Yea, I don’t care about their Price or Scavenger Hunt or Mystic Toilet ( btw i spend over 1600 GS at that toilet)…

But main problem didn’t solved yet and seems arena.net don’t care about so much since still they are allowing to sell them at TP.

Anyway i will watch some movies for chilling abit..

(edited by azazil.9541)

in Crafting

Posted by: Bhargo.5306

Bhargo.5306

Seriously? “Some people get lucky”? That is exactly the problem. A LEGENDARY should not be boiled down to dumb luck. There is no “busting your balls” against RNG, it is just mindlessly bashing your head against a poor design and hoping for the best.

Honestly, I don’t even think the legendaries that exist deserve the title, when acquiring one is based on either walking into the TP or endlessly battling RNG. There is nothing legendary about plopping down gold and pointing at which one you want. There is nothing legendary about flushing the mystic toilet and hoping a kitten doesn’t come out.

The part that really gets me is the people who get all high and mighty on anyone who dares have the audacity to complain about wanting something other then RNG to be the deciding factor on if you can get a legendary. Nobody I have seen has been asking for it to be easy, or just handed to them. They wanted a system that rewards skill and effort, not luck.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

That would mean squat to people if the first legendary hadn’t been crafted in 40 days (meaning no more than 80 of the mystic coins were earned directly by the person who made the world’s first), and it hadn’t gotten out there that a bugged recipie was responsible for introducing precursors by the bucketful with not one person who benefited getting banned.

Nobody wants it any easier than people strutting around with them now had it when they made theirs…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Crafting

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Because:

1 daily = 1 laurel
1 monthly = 10 laurel

assuming 365 days a year, and 12 months, of course.

12 X 10 = 120
365 * 1 = 365
————————-
485 laurels in 1 year.

I think that nearly 5 precursors per person who does the daily and monthly MIGHT flood the market just a tad more than they would want.

Who cares if they flood the market…after all, they are only a skin, right?

I love the logic most of you people have. Works one way but not the other. The person doing their daily every day and monthly every month has probably put much more time into the legendary than some schmuck who; 1) got lucky in the MF, 2) Got lucky in the karka event, 3) exploited the early days of broken karma gear for precursors.

in Crafting

Shadowfist.2708

Nobody wants it any easier than people strutting around with them now had it when they made theirs…

Are you kidding me? I just finished mine over a week ago. I did it the hard way just like the majority of people on here are doing it now.

The only difference? I didn’t come here and raise a huge stink about it. I shut up, did my daily every day, my monthly every month, saved my money, and flushed hundreds of gold away until I got mine.

Way to try and discredit my opinion simply because I don’t have the mindset that everyone should have a welfare legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bhargo.5306

Bhargo.5306

Welfare? Seriously, people are not asking for hand outs. They are not asking for easy modes. They are wanting a system that rewards effort, not sheer luck. RNG is not a good system to base legendary items on. RNG does not reward, nor require, determination, skill or even time spent. There is literally a thread I just saw with some guy who accidentally stumbled upon a Dusk. My friend has spent over a month pouring items into the MF hoping for his precursor, and this guy got one without even trying.

It is not welfare to want something that isn’t based on a system that has RANDOM in its name.

in Crafting

Scoobaniec.9561

Put em for 300g in vendor! Thats should be enough, if laurents are bad

in Crafting

Scoobaniec.9561

So i just dumbed 200g using exotics into mystic toilet, no pre at all. I think its time to ragequit

in Crafting

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

So i just dumbed 200g using exotics into mystic toilet, no pre at all. I think its time to ragequit

I dumped 100g into rares and exotics, back when precusors were around 200g(Dusk and Dawn mainly though, and no, this was way before the Suncove event), and lost a majority of my gold there. Did it stop me? No, I have a Kudzu now though I didn’t really plan to make that. Plan on making two Incinerators at some point too.

The main problem here is people think its too hard to make money, go run some speed runs for dungeons, I can make upwards to 7g/h doing TA speed farms, easily make 5g+ an hour farming Curse Shore. People are just too lazy and want things handed to them.

You want something nice? Then work for it, kitten later.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

azazil – stop whining and get whatever it is you want.
Such might and pride won’t get you anywhere.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Kiwicharr.8051

Kiwicharr.8051

They are a massive problem, there are a lot of very annoyed hardcore/ semi – hardcore players out there at this issue. It seems like anet don’t even talk about this issue anymore, seems almost like taboo for them to talk about it. Its so frustrating

in Crafting

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

Just wanted to add, pulled this from a dev blog post

" regarding the much-discussed legendary precursor weapons. In the short term, they will be adding new ways to find them, albeit with extremely rare drop rates. The long term plan is to have a long scavenger hunt quest that rewards them, but this is currently a ways off."

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I wonder what would happen if they added new legendaries that had precursors that were soul/account bound and were only available via an extremely long, yet guaranteed, method that actually required playing content?

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

There’s nothing legendary of having a .0001% (or w/e it is) of having a precursor drop, or trying to farm gold to catch up to the rising prices of precursors.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg