That's 525,000 karma I don't have to farm!

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Shard

Now available in the fractal of the mists dungeon for 15 fractal relics each. Just letting you all know. Hope it makes the legendary journey easier.

Fun(FotM ) >> Fun(Farming Orr)

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

(edited by SteepledHat.1345)

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

I definitely plan on using any relics I get to buy Obsidian shards, however, I will have 525,000 karma from daily reward jugs long before I could get the 3750 fractal relics it would take.

/agree however on the “Yay for other means of of obtaining them!” It helps to bring the goal posts a few miles closer.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Posted by: DarkSeth.8524

DarkSeth.8524

You need almost 1kk karma for Legendary weapon:)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover

in Crafting

Skar Hand.5037

I already have my clovers so I do just need the 525k to finish up.

correction…I have the karma and supplies for my clovers (about 600k atm) just need to pwn the temple of Balth. Know any good solo mesmer builds? It seems that may be my only route, lol.

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

You need almost 1kk karma for Legendary weapon:)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover

But doesn’t that karma also come from buying obsidian shards?

in Crafting

Skar Hand.5037

I think his point was that you need 525,000 Karma for the 250 Shards. PLUS you need roughly 250 more for the clovers. All in all you will need around 500 shards total. Whether you buy them via karma or fractal relics. My point was that it is cool that we don’t have to do all one or all the other. Variety, spice of life and all that.

in Crafting

Posted by: brappish.8715

brappish.8715

if balthazar was ever not contested or bugged then i think we would all have shards…

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

do daily every day for a month + monthly = almost 400k karma. do that for 2 months + dungeons and events hear and there GASP you have 1million karma you need

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

I ran TA last night and I was getting 500 karma drops off of boss mobs. Pays to not skip it seems. (Drop of Liquid Karma)

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

do daily every day for a month + monthly = almost 400k karma. do that for 2 months + dungeons and events hear and there GASP you have 1million karma you need

Why so hostile? It’s not nice. If farming karma wasn’t necessary the orr would be empty.

Even after the nerfs, people still farm there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

I wasn’t being hostile or trying to o.o just meant its relatively still attainable without spamming fractals

in Crafting

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

The main difference is that you don’t need an unbugged balthazar to get these. Which means they’re highly accessible to everyone.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i think it’s nice there’s an alternative. i, for one, however, don’ tmind farming Orr (and now i usually really only do it to get my daily events done and then i move on). love th fractals but i’m planning on saving up my relics for other stuff for now. we shall see.

no rush for a legendary and the karma will come along : ))) it’s mainly the temple that needs to be taken down and am sure will be able to put together a good group when it’s meant to be taken down.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Shard

Now available in the fractal of the mists dungeon for 15 fractal relics each. Just letting you all know. Hope it makes the legendary journey easier.

Fun(FotM ) >> Fun(Farming Orr)

Good luck if you really think this is any easier or faster then farming karma. Next time think before making random sarcastic complaints.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

It didn’t feel like a grind at all for me when I crafted my gift of mastery. I barely farmed in Orr, maybe total of 2 hours. I always collected around 20+ jugs, used them with boosters and farmed the remaining booster time in Orr.

I’m spending my fractal tokens to something else than Obby shards. :P

in Crafting

Skar Hand.5037

As for the Balthazar Event being so tricky, I am just patiently waiting for guesting to be implemented. Once it is it shouldn’t be too hard to pick a server to be the “Balthazar” server and get anyone who wants shards to guest from all over and bang it out on a regular basis.