The Bloodstone Shard - soulbound

in Crafting

Posted by: Fluffy Ferocious.9807

Fluffy Ferocious.9807

Very minor quibble here… why is the Bloodstone Shard soulbound and not account bound? Does anyone know?

All of the other ingredients for Legendaries are account bound, and the recipe the bloodstone is used in results in an account bound item, and the legendary weapon is completely open until it is equipped… so I’m just curious, why is the shard soul bound?

in Crafting

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

My guess is that with it being 200 skill points, it’s meant to be a sign of dedication to sticking with a particular character for that long. Much like how the other items in the Gift of Mastery show that you’ve done a ton of events, fought a good deal in WvW (achieve chests aside), and completed the open world.

in Crafting

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Sounds like the devs will change it. Try posting in “game discussion”.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It’s soulbound because it’s bought with skill points. Skill points are earned per character, so everything bought with them is soulbound.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Thomas Kaira.7863

Thomas Kaira.7863

Only issue with that is that the only recipe the Bloodstone Shard is used in is an Account Bound item, so the binding hierarchy doesn’t really make sense with the Bloodstone Shard being Soulbound. Everything else you buy form Miyani is fine as-is, but my vote is also to make the Bloodstone Shard an account-bound item, just so it’s a little bit less of a hassle to craft the gift of mastery.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fluffy Ferocious.9807

Fluffy Ferocious.9807

Yes, that’s my point. I got my skitten one character, but will be using it to craft stuff for another character. It isn’t a big deal at all of course, this is just an oddity to me that I haven’t been able to figure out the reason behind.