"The Crossing" Staff

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Dustile.1028

Dustile.1028

I’ve read there is a permanent version of the staff. I have no idea how to even begin the process. If any1 can explain in great detail it would be very apriciated

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

There was a way to craft it (I made one for my necro) but the recipe was recently disabled

Oceanic [LOD]

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Crossing

Wiki is your friend, The recipe is on it but as Wukunlin just said its disabled at the moment pending halloween so there a good chance the recipe will be changed with the up coming halloween crafting additions. Just keep an eye during halloween and after to see if it changes

#ELEtism

(edited by Chaotic Storm.2815)

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Heh… I had a guy in a CoE pug announce he finally had enough tokens to make the crossing… a week after it was disabled.

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

It was actually disabled when the magic find system was changed several weeks back. There has been no mention of when the recipe will be re-activated.

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

It’ll probably be reactivated next week with the Halloween patch, complete with new crafting requirements that use the candy-corn purchased materials mentioned in the patch preview.

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Rencruzer.9614

Rencruzer.9614

Any updates on this? Looked at the mats list and it’d be well over 2.5k to buy mats from the TP. Around 200 to just buy the staff.

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Nardo.8052

Nardo.8052

Thank god they gave a warning before disabling it… wait what?

and ofcourse returning it at a absurd price (100 tyria best nougat centres, i am looking at you?)

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Once again, it kind of shows me how much anet even pays attention to their own game when pricing various things. Right now, for instance…1 tyrian’s best nougat=1000 nougat centers. 100 are needed for a gift. Farming that item is probably going to be a time sensitive chore so you have buying them be an option. Say you bought all of the nougats @16g per 1000. That’s 1600g minimum to craft an item that’s on the tp selling for 200g.

Their pricing across the board for many items is this way. I know the community adjust prices of certain things but usually drop rates effect that. I don’t think these mats are dropping so frequently to warrant how high they are priced. And certainly won’t be around after Nov. 11th.

I keep hearing the phrase “we don’t make grindy games” play over and over in my head , but it seems to me that this thing of a game is becoming certainly one of the most grindy games I have ever played. Good thing you don’t actually need any of this stuff or I simply would have stopped playing long ago.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

how was it disabled ? If a person would already have a gift unlocked, would he be able to finish the weapon . Or was the MF mixing part disabled ?

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Nardo.8052

Nardo.8052

The mf part for the recipe was disabled. And now turned into an impossible monster

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Once again, it kind of shows me how much anet even pays attention to their own game when pricing various things. Right now, for instance…1 tyrian’s best nougat=1000 nougat centers. 100 are needed for a gift. Farming that item is probably going to be a time sensitive chore so you have buying them be an option. Say you bought all of the nougats @16g per 1000. That’s 1600g minimum to craft an item that’s on the tp selling for 200g.

Their pricing across the board for many items is this way. I know the community adjust prices of certain things but usually drop rates effect that. I don’t think these mats are dropping so frequently to warrant how high they are priced. And certainly won’t be around after Nov. 11th.

Its definitely ridiculous, this isn’t the only item with this type of problem either. Its pretty clear the quality control in terms of cross checks and approvals is almost non-existent.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: varena.1362

varena.1362

Well, I can confirm that the mystic forge recipe works fine as I made one today. I got the recipe for the gift of souls last year (when it was rather more reasonably priced, materials-wise).

I’d hate to have to try to obtain the recipe now, however.

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

looking for a person with recipe and let him craft it would be an opinion. dunno, maybe with a 3rd person .. etc

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: varena.1362

varena.1362

There’s only one small issue. The gift of souls requires the gift of knowledge (500CoE tokens) and it’s account bound.

I’d craft it for a friend or for sale, but whilst I enjoy CoE I’m not sure I’d give away 500 tokens to anyone who asked

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Shulkor.3670

Shulkor.3670

What a total slap in the face! 10 Cobs & 10 best nougat centers at a cost of 1000 corn per? Many of us don’t have time or gold for this and 2 weeks to do it. A little balance would be nice so ppl don’t need to dedicate their very lives for an event item or two. Looks like another event many can’t be bothered with. So tired….

"The Crossing" Staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

What a total slap in the face! 10 Cobs & 10 best nougat centers at a cost of 1000 corn per? Many of us don’t have time or gold for this and 2 weeks to do it.

Nobody has the time for it. It’s flat impossible to farm it. You can only buy it off TP.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November