The New Currency for The Lodestones

in Crafting

Posted by: Geo.1603

Geo.1603

Just throwing this out there for everyone to have a discussion – with the introduction of the new currency and new rewards etc. on a daily basis I thought of its value to me, compared to the lodestones I am farming for….

And for me personally, it is 3:1 (3 days worth of the new token for one lodestone) as an exchange rate.

Some may think it is a bit too high/too low – but I just want to get this out there that the new tokens should be used not just for new rewards (I saw the Obsidian shards on the screen shot and immediately thought of the lodestones) but it may provide just the right approach for those who want to see a ‘steady’ progression towards their goals.

What are your thoughts? At one stage I thought maybe 5:1 is good too… But see, that just shows how bad the drop rates for me personally.

Thank you in advance for your input~

8/8 Professions @ 80

in Crafting

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Let’s count. The hardest lode to farm is Charged and everything else is pretty much a joke compared to it. You need 100 lodes for legendary gifts, 250 for Infinite Light and 350 for Mjolnir.

At your rate of 3:1, it’ll take 300 days for a legendary gift alone and several YEARS for the other two items.

Overkill.

Update:
There are 5 exotics and one legendary that require http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Light. Yeah, master of Overkill.

(edited by Iehova.9518)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There’s another 10 for the monthly, so while it would be bad, it’s not quite that bad.

On the other hand I don’t see any reason those lodestone would somehow not stack with normal ones so it could be a way of supplimenting and accelerating our current acquisition strategies…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aelyn.9574

Aelyn.9574

Plus, I am assuming that these new lodestones will not be account bound (so that they can stack with the old ones).

If they are not (and are tradeable), then it will more efficient for everyone to make charged lodestones, sell them, and buy their own (onyx / corrupted / etc) in the market. If that’s the case, this will new currency reward will actually have a much more significant impact the supply of charged lodestones than any other.

As long as they don’t reduce any current drop rates I think the 3 days conversion is actually reasonable, since it’s already a dramatic increase in supply and a dramatic increase in daily rewards. My guess is that this will actually have a larger impact on market price than it seems at first glance.

in Crafting

Iehova.9518

If they are not (and are tradeable), then it will more efficient for everyone to make charged lodestones, sell them, and buy their own (onyx / corrupted / etc) in the market. If that’s the case, this will new currency reward will actually have a much more significant impact the supply of charged lodestones than any other.

If/when people start doing that, charged lodestone prices will drop to more reasonable amounts.

in Crafting

Nike.2631

As a regular Charged Lodestone farmer, I’m sad to say they are AT resonable amounts now – they are just that hard to acquire. Swapping crowns for Charged Lodestones at any ratio will make them easier to acquire, and the reasonable price will adjust accordingly.

What will be interesting is the leveling effect between the lodestones- if it suddenly takes the same effort to gain any of them via crowns, the differences in their prices will shrink very rapidly. Think that leveling effect will be one of the outcomes the Devs are most interest in achieving IF we can buy lodestones with crowns.

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Plus, I am assuming that these new lodestones will not be account bound (so that they can stack with the old ones).

Oh… I wouldn’t asume ANYTHING bought with crowns will be tradeable. Crowns and Mystic Coins are identical save for 1 thing – crowns can’t be traded. If the rewards for crowns can be traded, there was no reason to introduce them in the first place: this new vendor would have worked just as well taking mystic coins rather than introducing yet another currency.

in Crafting

Posted by: Frozen Illusion.9634

Frozen Illusion.9634

I would love to get infinite light, or Mjulnir, i don’t even want the legendary. I believe they need to do one, of two things (or possibly both).
Option A. Make it so more things drop the lesser tiers of Charged Lodestones, so people could upgrade to the Lodestones. That would drop prices, and still make it difficult to attain.
Option B. For items such as Mjulnir or Infinite light, create a new lodestone for them to require. Because Bolt is an amazing legendary, and a lot of people want it, due to supply and demand Charged Lodestones are expensive. So if these exotics cost something else i think it would help. When Infinite Light and Mjulnir go for as much as dawn or dusk if not more, there’s a huge problem.
Hope A-Net gives this some attention.

in Crafting

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Anet won’t. They like the market as it is, it encourages gem buying(Just 1k 800 gem buys and you can get a welfare legendary!)

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Crafting

Posted by: Geo.1603

Geo.1603

Thank you fellow crafters for your input so far~

My apologies for not being clear on a number of things because I thought it would be evidently enough since I posted it here under ‘crafting’ and not ‘suggestions.’

Perhaps we can move it over to suggestions later on when we have done all the hard work for Anet. I will update the original post if there are enough interest/ideas towards this.

There are very little solid information on what the ‘Crowns’ properties will be like and their related rewards, thus it is somewhat limited to what we can speculate on.

But, it is true, that we have to consider Anet’s cut in the crafting business (hence my original 1:5 ratio) like really now, come on, what would be the best for players? It would be 1:1 or more; 1 Crown for 3 Lodestone in gamers’ favor…!? But Anet needs their cut and for those who wants to see ‘steady’ progression and at the same time ‘fast-forwarded’ progression they would have to fork out for gems with gold/cash.

I am very interested to see what other crafters think further in relations to this – and lets not limit it to just the Legendaries; I really enjoy seeing people mention the other items mentioned so far~

8/8 Professions @ 80

in Crafting

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

I’ve stopped playing for now, theres nothing to do.
I’ve got my gifts of fortune and mastery and everything for the gift of sunrise except the lodestones and Dawn, both of which are not worth the time as they currently are on the market.

I’ve done dailys each day but I’m sick of it now, nothing rewards you effectively in gold for honest hard work and yet some market players have like what? 2000 gold now?

A.net needs to rethink their market.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Iehova.9518

Run CoE, my good man. I get 1.5-2 lodes per day and my team isn’t even spoonfeeding me with them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’ve got my gifts of fortune and mastery and everything for the gift of sunrise except the lodestones and Dawn, both of which are not worth the time as they currently are on the market.

I’ve done dailys each day but I’m sick of it now, nothing rewards you effectively in gold for honest hard work and yet some market players have like what? 2000 gold now?

It’s not Anets fault that people are willing to sell things far too cheap via orders…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

It’s not Anets fault that people are willing to sell things far too cheap via orders…

But it is their fault that they aren’t balancing the economy as they said they would here in the supply and demand section:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/john-smith-on-the-state-of-the-guild-wars-2-economy/

Even when the lodestone surplus is completely out of balance and this topic has been openly displayed on the forums for the past 3 months.

They have not done a single thing to reduce lodestone imbalance even though they have said they would adjust end game materials here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Adjustments-to-the-Cost-of-Infusions-and-High-End-Materials/first#post998529

I have been watching these fourms for the past 2 months, had two infraction points on my account for speaking the truth, had no devs speak to me directly and I for one am sick of waiting for an answer!

Is this gonna get fixed or not?!?!

Attachments:

(edited by The Blue Ace.2850)

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Also tired of waiting. I am running out of things to do where I can make progress. I tried farming sparks, and after over two hours of it I have only one lodestone. I did get decent drops otherwise, but generic gold farming is no fun either.

My server seems to be emptying out. This weekend LA was a ghost town both nights. No way to get a dungeon group together.