The Predator - a disappointing Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Scottish.7148

Scottish.7148

Since crafting the legendary rifle, the Predator, I can’t help but notice many of its shortcomings. While you do get the neat fire aura and sci-fi sound effects, you get no aura unless the weapon is active. The footstep effects are also the worst of any legendary; tiny fire explosion “donuts” which trail behind your character a whopping five feet. I see others leaving trails 15-20 feet behind their characters. Where’s the love, ArenaNet? This legendary needs a serious overhaul to bring it up to par with other existing legendarys.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

but if you type /dance while you have it drawn, you dance on fire lol

in Crafting

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

What, this legendary has one of the most aggressive/eyesorish… errr -strong/noticeable effects of all, no need to complain there.
The problem with this legendary is that rifle sucks big on warrior and on engineer it doesnt fit the weapon skills and you dont see it most of the time anyway

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

in Crafting

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I generally like the weapon and will build it, however I’d love to see a blunderbuss or shotgun variant for the engineer.
Shooting a sniper rifle from the hip is somewhat inappropriate, indeed.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Crafting

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I generally like the weapon and will build it, however I’d love to see a blunderbuss or shotgun variant for the engineer.
Shooting a sniper rifle from the hip is somewhat inappropriate, indeed.

The animations need to be adjusted for Engineers although it looks great on warriors. The footsteps can be very difficult to see though and could really use some more love.

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Try your predator on a Norn, the fire aura is incredible and I think it has the best sound affects and one of the few that does. I think these two things outweigh the short footsteps trail by far. I also don’t think your need to be on fire unless your in attack mode.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Since crafting the legendary rifle, the Predator, I can’t help but notice many of its shortcomings. While you do get the neat fire aura and sci-fi sound effects, you get no aura unless the weapon is active. The footstep effects are also the worst of any legendary; tiny fire explosion “donuts” which trail behind your character a whopping five feet. I see others leaving trails 15-20 feet behind their characters. Where’s the love, ArenaNet? This legendary needs a serious overhaul to bring it up to par with other existing legendarys.

These are the exact reason why I made one so I really hope they do not change the effects to be more flashy. I like how it sounds and how the effects behave. Checked lots of videos before making it just to be sure that it really works like that and not like other overly flashy annoying leges. I especially hate the footstep thing on the others.