The legend insanely expensive

in Crafting

Posted by: Spydominator.3845

Spydominator.3845

I used to think 900g for it was much but as time passed it got to 1250g?Why is it so expensive compared to the other precursors?At this rate my legendary will be a Santa Claus gift,even he wouldn’t offer that.Did anyone actually manage to craft the legend randomly in the mystic forge?If so how many tries did it take and gold?

in Crafting

Posted by: Jodas.7904

Jodas.7904

Got it today ruining TA

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I crafted the legend months ago. Around 110 attempts or so 250g at the time. I try for a precursor whenever I hit 1000g, wasted 500g after that. I have nothing esle to use my gold on atm.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

The stats I have seen indicate about 350 attempts with rares per success. The problem is that as a rule of thumb is that if you roll an x sided dice x times, the chances of of x coming up at least once are only around 65%. So if you try 350 times with rares there is still a greater than one in three chance that you will get nothing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I don’t get why this one is so popular, is staff really a good weapon for any class?

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Staff is used by all Light armoured classes (Ele, Nec, Mes) and the Guardian as well. The greatswords should be more popular as there’s two separate precursors for each GS legendary.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Greatsword used to be the priciest precursor of them all. But since them, i suppose that a lot of people already have their GS so they go for other legendary, while new players already see that many Sunrise and Dawn everywhere so they go for another legendary weapons. At least that my guest based on nothing, but my opinion

Anyway, staff precisely is also a really good PvP weapon for the Necro, Mesmer and Guardian, while being a ToP weaons for the PvE Elementalist.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Staff is a horrible weapon for any class in PVE unless you are just tagging mobs in open world events. About the only one that it makes a semi decent weapon for is Ele but there are much better weapons like scepter/dagger or scepter/focus. PVPwise I cant speak there but from what I’ve heard there are better choices in PVP for classes that can use staff as well. So I’m not really sure why The Legend is so expensive other than it is one of the nicer looking legendaries, not too gaudy yet noticeable.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Staff is a horrible weapon for any class in PVE unless you are just tagging mobs in open world events. About the only one that it makes a semi decent weapon for is Ele but there are much better weapons like scepter/dagger or scepter/focus. PVPwise I cant speak there but from what I’ve heard there are better choices in PVP for classes that can use staff as well. So I’m not really sure why The Legend is so expensive other than it is one of the nicer looking legendaries, not too gaudy yet noticeable.

Staff ele that camps fire is actually a staple in organized speed runs (not pugs). It is the go to dps build for eles now.

The Legend is expensive because bifrost is beautiful. It’s a weapon that the stereotypical human females wearing full celestial all need to complete their look. I’ve had 2 legends drop, one I sold for 600g and one I made the bifrost with. It’s my favorite legendary, and given how expensive it is, lots of people agree.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Crafting

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

PvP it depends on the map, Kyhlo for example is great for glass staff, it’s very common to see Ele’s at the top of the Clock Tower AoEing down on the point quite effectively as allies and enemies attempt to take control.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Crafting

Thaddeus.4891

Like Lillith said, the Staff Ele with proper gear and trait are one of the best DPS of the game. S/D and S/F is popular because even if it have less DPS than Staff, it bring a kitten load of might. But on the other hand Staff Ele bring a constant fire field under the enemy that he and other member of the party can blast of a regular basis to keep 25 might for the whole fight.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Actually if you read DEKeyztoChaos sticky on the Ele forums, he says staff is a low dps weapon unless you are in fire. It does provide good fields like you said though but scepter/dagger or scepter/focus provide a much better burst dmg while providing more utility for your group imo. I personally run scepter/x but have used staff a lot and I just felt staff was meh at best…..but to each their own.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Thaddeus.4891

Actually if you read DEKeyztoChaos sticky on the Ele forums, he says staff is a low dps weapon unless you are in fire. It does provide good fields like you said though but scepter/dagger or scepter/focus provide a much better burst dmg while providing more utility for your group imo. I personally run scepter/x but have used staff a lot and I just felt staff was meh at best…..but to each their own.

You are totally right Sauzo. DekeyztoChaos said that staff not in fire is kitten dps. But that point of that build is exactly to keep camping fire.

LH +S/X = Lower DPS than Staff ele in fire camping because
1) You can LH auto-attack continually since you don’t have enough charge with the two harmmer to always auto-attack and that you need to go take your second hammer. Obviously if you are good, that problem is limited, but still at some point you won’t have a hammer to use if you attack, attack, attack, attack. But with the staff, that’s not a problem.
2) LH + S/X is squishy and you need to stay in melee range. If you don’t, you lose a huge part of your DPS by losing your hammer. Again, this can be limited if you are good and never die. But seriously, even the best Elementalist will die from time to time with that build. You have like zero defense and use your healing skill to pump might so.
3) You pump might, time during which you do little DPS compare to when you use LH. Of course that help your group DPS, but its less personnal DPS.

Overall, the LH build will have less personnal DPS, but give more might. Personnally, i prefer to have 1 LH Elementalist and then all other elementalist should be Staff Ele, because there is no really any reason to get a second LH Elementalist since you already have enough might. Ok maybe a second LH Ele, if nobody else in your party can stack might, but that’s rarely the case and Staff Ele can pump a couple of might themselves anyway.

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

You are totally right Sauzo. DekeyztoChaos said that staff not in fire is kitten dps. But that point of that build is exactly to keep camping fire.

LH +S/X = Lower DPS than Staff ele in fire camping because
1) You can LH auto-attack continually since you don’t have enough charge with the two harmmer to always auto-attack and that you need to go take your second hammer. Obviously if you are good, that problem is limited, but still at some point you won’t have a hammer to use if you attack, attack, attack, attack. But with the staff, that’s not a problem.
2) LH + S/X is squishy and you need to stay in melee range. If you don’t, you lose a huge part of your DPS by losing your hammer. Again, this can be limited if you are good and never die. But seriously, even the best Elementalist will die from time to time with that build. You have like zero defense and use your healing skill to pump might so.
3) You pump might, time during which you do little DPS compare to when you use LH. Of course that help your group DPS, but its less personnal DPS.

Overall, the LH build will have less personnal DPS, but give more might. Personnally, i prefer to have 1 LH Elementalist and then all other elementalist should be Staff Ele, because there is no really any reason to get a second LH Elementalist since you already have enough might. Ok maybe a second LH Ele, if nobody else in your party can stack might, but that’s rarely the case and Staff Ele can pump a couple of might themselves anyway.

1. With the number 2 trait in fire, you will get an additional 10 charges. And you will have charges indefinitely because by the time you have used your 2nd hammer your LH skill will be recharged.

2. This might be true, but even for staff (if you run the proper build) you will need to be in melee range. For dungeons you need to stack, and if you have the earth trait (which you should) you will do 10% more dps when in 600 range (e.g. melee range).

3. The might blasts do a significant amount of damage, during might blasts I can assure you that your DPS is not lacking in any way.

I agree that Staff ele is the best DPS. The loss of 25 partywide DPS outweighs the personal DPS you get from staff though. So if you’re the only ele (or person that can do Might to the party) then you should run a mightstacking set. Else run staff.

With 2 or more ele’s definitely have only 1 LH/might stacking ele and the rest on staff for the max DPS group setup. 1 LH ele that keeps hammering (and blasting) away in the constant firefield should provide 25 Might and 2 minute fury all the time.

But to get back on topic, staff for necro is pretty good as it provides AoE (though necro in is kinda iffy in pve in general).
Staff guardian is just bad, unless you’re tagging mobs in open world.
Mesmer staff is just bad.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Thaddeus.4891

1. With the number 2 trait in fire, you will get an additional 10 charges. And you will have charges indefinitely because by the time you have used your 2nd hammer your LH skill will be recharged.

2. This might be true, but even for staff (if you run the proper build) you will need to be in melee range. For dungeons you need to stack, and if you have the earth trait (which you should) you will do 10% more dps when in 600 range (e.g. melee range).

3. The might blasts do a significant amount of damage, during might blasts I can assure you that your DPS is not lacking in any way.

I agree that Staff ele is the best DPS. The loss of 25 partywide DPS outweighs the personal DPS you get from staff though. So if you’re the only ele (or person that can do Might to the party) then you should run a mightstacking set. Else run staff.

With 2 or more ele’s definitely have only 1 LH/might stacking ele and the rest on staff for the max DPS group setup. 1 LH ele that keeps hammering (and blasting) away in the constant firefield should provide 25 Might and 2 minute fury all the time.

But to get back on topic, staff for necro is pretty good as it provides AoE (though necro in is kinda iffy in pve in general).
Staff guardian is just bad, unless you’re tagging mobs in open world.
Mesmer staff is just bad.

1) True most of the time with the 10 charge you should be ok. But I saw several build that don,t use that trait because they stack might anyway, so they don’t need the additionnal charge, but that can come back bit their kitten in some situation, leaving them wihtout a Hammer for several seconds.
2) Well for me melee range is 150, while with the staff I’ll stay in a 300 radius to get all the boons I can from my party. But anyway that wasn’t my point. If i down with my hammer I lose it and I do kitten DPS. If i down with my staff, once i’m revived i’ll still do my TOP dps.
3) Ya you do DPS when you stack might, but NO WHERE NEAR LH auto-attack or even less than Staff Lava Front. Ya Pheonix, Dragon Tooth and Arcane Wave do decent damage. But Magnetic Wave, Arcane Brilliance and Comet are really slow damage.

But anyway, we aggree after all. If you gonna have 1 Ele, better have a LH + S/X, but more than 1 of those is a waste depending on your party composition.

And back to the Topic. Mesmer, Necro and Guardian all have great Staff, but they are only good in PvP (Necro and Guardian, mainly for Zerg, while Mesmer is more for Roaming)

in Crafting

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Buy order – 1040g40s02c.
Legend in my poket 15 minutes later.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Meanwhile some elitist/hoarder of precursors is laughing behind another screen, saying to himself “sucker!!!”

in Crafting

Miku Lawrence.6329

I don’t think you know what “elitist” means.

1. A person who believes that they are superior to others (and thus deserve favored status) because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Crafting

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I just completed The Bifrost a few days ago. I had my share of troubles with making it. I’ll share my knowledge so you can have an easier time.

1) 1250g price is SELL price. Ignore sell prices on overly popular precursors. Especially if supply is between 5 and 12. If 20+ supply of a precursor, the bottom priced one (listing) is basically the true ‘buy now’ price. With fewer of them on TP it’s a speculation zone, that widens the gap. If you non stop refresh the TP you should see one go for 1150/1200g every now and then but those get sold fast cause they are big undercut.

2) Patience for the win. Buy orders are much better. DO NOT buy in american /EU primetime (do after NA, before EU window). The precursor market is much calmer then. Also try to ignore the weekends (Demand spike, as more people log on).

3) The Legend (The Bifrost essentially) is more popular because: Account bound means, that everyone who loves casters, can make a Legendary for all light armor profession AND guardian at same time. Or just copy the skin on all of them. Scepter, while usefull on the same profession doesnt feel as complete or as impressive, the staff will always trump it, in popularity.

4) It’s up for debate if The Bifrost is ‘cool’ (personal opinions and all that). However if you compare particle effects, concept art (staff itself without effects), footsteps, skill effects, Bifrost is quite impressive compared to other weapons. Greatswords come close and sword, some others, but most have ‘fewer’ effects overall (and some support fewer professions). For particle effects, it has TWO (not one) footstep effects, the white ones and the rainbow ones. It’s just an attractive legendary for those who like the effects. I’ve grown to like them (hated them at first). nr 5 will enlighten it also a bit more.

5) Feature patch made The Bifrost economical interesting. Yes interesting. Unidentified dye’s got cheaper, and on top of it bifrost requirement went down. On the long term it will be harder, but not now, to make the Gift associated with unids. Ecto’s are easier to come by (kinda) because megaserver, and meta events are always possible to be farmed. The price went slightly down on ecto’s, indirectly lowering Dust prices a tad, wich can mean quite a good deal on the 750x Dust requirement for Bifrost.

6) No living story, or special conent to focus the money on. People are bored, people go straight for legendary.

All the above combined causes the current The Legend price. I think it soon will reach 900g. The highest buy offers I saw are 1000-1051g (unless it spiked again since we are weekend), and they are decreasing in amount of buy offers listed. The Pavilion farming should only make this better (more precursors drops?). In worst case scenario, there’s a spike again due to easier gold farm because LS.

Anyhow good luck with The Legend.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

1. A person who believes that they are superior to others (and thus deserve favored status) because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors.

You pointed it out right there, it’s wealth. But hey you bought the legend, and I guess you can feel all legendary about it now (obviously not in some people’s eyes). But that doesn’t mean you have to back the person who sold it to you because you went easy-mode.

in Crafting

Miku Lawrence.6329

You pointed it out right there, it’s wealth. But hey you bought the legend, and I guess you can feel all legendary about it now (obviously not in some people’s eyes). But that doesn’t mean you have to back the person who sold it to you because you went easy-mode.

You look annoyed and/or frustrated. What’s the matter? I offended you by pointing out the prices are affordable or was that because I got a legendary and you didn’t?

The key words are believes, deserve favored status, which do not apply or relate to a “precursor hoarder”. Was just pointing out the badly used term.

I feel truly legendary. Because i’m making my second in two weeks while you’ll be here crying about the precursor’s price. Your signature says ‘through legendary feats’, it is legendary to get 2000 gold in two weeks by playing the game (mind you – no TP or Credit card).

Easy-mode is your tears in this subforum til Anet makes changes to how the precursors are given away.

Snow Crows [SC]