The new Bifrost

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: MiskoV.3856

MiskoV.3856

The new visuals for legendaries are finally here. I think that most of them are really awesome, well most of them. The Bifrost was the fist legendary i crafted and because i mainly play as staff ele it was awesome until the new projectile effect. In my opinion the legendary weapon is supposed to make you look good and to stand out of the crowd. Changing six different projectile effects: fireball, chain lightning, gust, water blast, stoning and what is most hilarious to me shock wave into the same rainbow-ball isn’t rewarding for crafting a legendary- it’s a downgrade. I am aware that other classes like mesmer, guardian with his healing orb or umm necromancer (which i doubt) may “benefit” from and like the visual change but i really think that elementalists were looking MUCH better with all the six, old visual effects. In my opinion if Anet wants to add some special effect to the Bifrost they should for example: add rainbow tail to normal fireball, change color of lightning into rainbowy one, make water blast splash rainbow drops like moot springs a confetti or enrich the existing visuals with colors. I realize that such modifications would require a lot of precious resources and time but forcing a poor-looking single visual effect isn’t making things better. What do you other elementalists out there say? Do you like the new visuals or you would rather, like me, welcome back the old ones?

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Well personally I love it! Im a staff Mesmer, but I see your point – a ‘on/off’ would be good like for the effects on attacking for people who hate the projectiles.

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: Kurosaix.9352

Kurosaix.9352

As an elementalist I hate the new projectile. I’d rather it was a rainbow aura around our projectiles or a trail. Its less noticeable then the normal fireball of lightning animations, and shockwave is just silly.

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: Valhalla.5620

Valhalla.5620

I don’t know if it’s just me but I don’t see any changes to the footfall effect (dreamer footfall seems to last longer than bifrost).

I use my bifrost every single day and if there are changes, I’ll notice it. The only noticeable change for me is the rainbow shoots in auto-attacks.

The rainbow shoots are fine to me but I wonder why shockwave becomes rainbow as well, a little bit off. I prefer to be enveloped in rainbow aura ball when using magnetic aura (earth#3) , just saying.

(edited by Valhalla.5620)

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

I have Bifrost on my Guardian and actually nothing is new appart the graphics/foot prints like everyone else who got it, but the Skill 2 is just stupid, I like the visual effect tho, but the skill in general is bad. I never use it.

I prefered more these changes:
- skill 4 after empowered a rainbow colloured blast (normally it’s just a light flash)
- Skill 5, some kind of colloured Line of warding that blocks people
- Autoattack, somekind of rainbow wave over the ground.

Skill 2 isn’t amazing. Maybe it’s because I play WvW and skill 2 is just bad compaered the other skills, and as far I remember I didn’t use skill 2 in PvE either.

Think these changes would be better in general with Bifrost on a Guardian.

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: Gillian.1859

Gillian.1859

I am using Bifrost on my Ele and I am quite disappointed with the new “touch-ups”. The mat upgrade is hardly noticeable and so are the changes to the footprint. The new projectiles are not really impressive either.

I do not mind not having any projectile effects; I just want the effects on the bifrost itself to look more impressive.

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: Valhalla.5620

Valhalla.5620

I am using Bifrost on my Ele and I am quite disappointed with the new “touch-ups”. The mat upgrade is hardly noticeable and so are the changes to the footprint. The new projectiles are not really impressive either.

I do not mind not having any projectile effects; I just want the effects on the bifrost itself to look more impressive.

I agree, not having any projectile effects is fine by me. They just need to make the footfall effect larger and last longer.

No offense to Dreamer owners, but in my humble opinion the small rainbow that hops in between their horse footfall should belong to Bifrost.

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The new projectiles are frekkin’ awesome. You might not notice them as much on an ele but on my mesmer… oh my frekkin’ god it’s awesome. Rainbows bouncing around like crazy. I love it.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

You guys think bitfrost footfall is bad? look at the predator.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

I was also let down by the projectile change on elementalist. There should be at least some difference in size or glow depending on attunement IMO. The normal fireballs looks alot bigger and cooler than the rainbow bolts.

The new Bifrost

in Crafting

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

Does anyone know of a video showing the new Bifrost spell animations on a guardian? Been looking on youtube for the past couple of days but can’t find one.