The way to get Glob of Ectoplasm via salvaging

in Crafting

Posted by: elia.7061

elia.7061

Q:

Hi, this is a translation of my own post on the french part of the forum to adressing it to the (larger) English community of gw2.

I wanna know any precise explanation about the mechanics behind salvaging variuos item in order to obtain glob of ectoplasm.
To stay structured, i’ll ask this in 3 part.
In order to have a chance of getting a glob of ectoplasm via salvaging an item, this item can be :
- weapon | armor | equipement (necklace, ring, ..) | other?
- quality : white|blue|green|yellow|orange|purple
- level : 76+ | 70+ | any level (with same chance at any level or more chance the greater the level is?)

Thanks if you can give me any official answer to that question !

in Crafting

Posted by: MadMossy.8715

MadMossy.8715

Any item level 70 (weapon/armour/accessory) or above that is of rare (yellow quality) has a chance to have between 0 and 3 Globs of Ectoplasm when salvaged.

The best chance comes from a Mystic or Master Salvage Kit, the yellow quality salvage kits.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Why does everyone use 70+ as the catchall?
Ive gotten an ecto from a 68 before. I didnt take an SS because I always assumed it was lower than that as the cut off. Then I find people saying only 70+ items can have them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Don Zardeone.8730

Don Zardeone.8730

some guy on mapchat was convinced it had to be lvl 76+

I have gotten them from lvl 70 so nobody knows for sure

in Crafting

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

black lion salvage kit always gives 1-3 globs, for me.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

What are the chances of getting ectos on rare 70s using the highest tier of salvage (either the yellow or the mystic salvage kit)? Sometimes when I get a rare lvl 70-80, I just sell it off and use the money to buy the ectos themselves. I know exotics almost always gives ectos but what about rares? Also, is it much better to just combine 4 rares and hope for a mystic or just salvage all 4 rares?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Saboten.9340

Saboten.9340

Why does everyone use 70+ as the catchall?
Ive gotten an ecto from a 68 before. I didnt take an SS because I always assumed it was lower than that as the cut off. Then I find people saying only 70+ items can have them.

Yeah, it’s odd that people keep with the L70-80 range when ectos can be salvaged from L68-69 items. The wiki mentions this as well.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’s probably listed ad 70-80 because it’s a nice neat number to cut off at. Everyone loves rounding up if it leaves a nice simple . . . neat place to park the threshold.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s 68+ Yellow gear according to the wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glob_of_Ectoplasm

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I have gotten ecto from level 68+ yellow items. Weapon/armor/jewelry didn’t matter. 0-3 ecto per. Using the master salvage kit (25%) bonus yielded more ecto than black lion (10%). Black lion however obtained all the runes/sigils if that’s a goal you are after.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fatal OEfx.5910

Fatal OEfx.5910

That wiki article changed within the last 18 hours as last night around 2AM EST, I was researching that and the wiki said 70+ (not 68). I wouldn’t take the Wiki as a definitive authority as it is editable by anyone.

I realize people are actually getting ectos from 68 level items. My point is simply to not rely solely on what the wiki says at any given moment.

King Fatal – Lvl 80 Warrior Norn – Stormbluff Isle

in Crafting

elia.7061

Thanks for all your comment.
The purpose of this thread is to get an official (Anet) answer of this, because wiki, like you can see, is not official/Anet statement (now it show level 70+, yesterday 68+) …
But meanwhile comment are still interesting, especially if you occur to salvage any item of lower level and get ecto let me/us know it !

in Crafting

Posted by: Prime.9450

Prime.9450

Yea. An official response would be great!

As for an actual drop chance: I was constantly getting at least 1 ecto one week ago, then I started experiencing lower drop (actual 25%???). Now I get 3 ectos from salvaging 5 rares in better case. And very often these 3 ectos I am getting from single Rare. Note: I am using only Mystic salvage kits.

So until official explanation I would prefer to sell Rares for 20s+ on TP rather then salvaging them.

Ranger Nova Stark – Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in Crafting

Posted by: gkmmo.4723

gkmmo.4723

Black Lion Salvage kits give me 1-3 globs, used Master have 0/4 so far

in Crafting

Posted by: Prime.9450

Prime.9450

You know there is a 50% chance of a typo in BLSK tooltip. I will give it a try and then post about the results.

Ranger Nova Stark – Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in Crafting

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

The reason it was changed, was because they intended (taken from a comment from a dev) to be 70+. People were crafting lvl 68 gear, and getting exotics off mystic. I think to prevent this it maybe lvl 70+ up now for ecto as well.

in Crafting

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

The reason it was changed, was because they intended (taken from a comment from a dev) to be 70+. People were crafting lvl 68 gear, and getting exotics off mystic. I think to prevent this it maybe lvl 70+ up now for ecto as well.

Nope got an ecto yesterday on a level 67 or 68 yellow item.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

in Crafting

Posted by: frOst.2198

frOst.2198

black lion salvage kit always gives 1-3 globs, for me.

incorrect

in Crafting

Posted by: DamianTaps.1394

DamianTaps.1394

So % for rare materials giving higher chance to get globs? Its there any sense for using Black Lion Kits over Master Kits to get Globs? I heard Master Kits will be fine, because someone to do the test and looks like he had same results with both kits. Can someone confirm this?

Sorry for my English.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sideshow Mel.4587

Sideshow Mel.4587

Damian – According to the recent update notes, the Black Lion Kit has a 50% chance to get a rare material vs the master kit with only 25%.

in Crafting

Posted by: DamianTaps.1394

DamianTaps.1394

Yes, I know. But Rare Materials= 6 tier materials in this items. But Rare Material=Globs ?

http://de.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10d69g/salvaging_for_ectoplasm_an_analysis/

This test is not accurate, because he used only 50 items, but looks like more % for rare materials don`t increase chance for Globs. But I need confirmation from other players.

in Crafting

Posted by: Qbert.4197

Qbert.4197

Here’s where the rage is introduced ….

Is salvaging affected by MF% ???

in Crafting

Posted by: Wraith.8920

Wraith.8920

I’m kinda counting on MF% counting for “finding” via salvage kits. It’s similar in mechanic to finding via other gathering.

in Crafting

elia.7061

Here’s where the rage is introduced ….

Is salvaging affected by MF% ???

From what i heard MF% only affect loot on mob nothing else.
So I’ll say no, but nothing official, like any official answer I’m still waiting from Anet about Salvaging item and getting ecto.

in Crafting

Posted by: vjek.4270

vjek.4270

And just to be 100% clear, the only way to get the BLTC salvage kits is via the gem shop (or in other words, pay real life $$$$) or the BLTC chests, which require keys, which again, aside from a few one-time rewards of the personal story, are purchased from the BLTC gem shop.

Correct?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

And just to be 100% clear, the only way to get the BLTC salvage kits is via the gem shop (or in other words, pay real life $$$$) or the BLTC chests, which require keys, which again, aside from a few one-time rewards of the personal story, are purchased from the BLTC gem shop.

Correct?

This is not completly true, as you can get BLTC salvage kits by doing the daily achievement and get BLTC keys as rare drops from mobs. I’m not positive if you can get a BLTC salvage kit from doing the monthly achievement but I will assume that you can as they also have the chance of additional rewards. As you also pointed out that these items are in the gem store, but that does not mean you have to spend real life money to get them as they have a currency exchange allowing you to use in-game currency to purchase items from the gem store.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven