Time enforced progression and crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

you should not be rewarded more just because you have more alts end of discussion

We should not be held back because you refuse to level more than one character. End of discussion.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

You said it yourself. You dug your own grave.

Off-topic, but if you refer to having multiple characters, it should not be punished so hard. If a player enjoys playing many classes and wants them geared properly in decent amount of time (not months, probably weeks) it should be their choice and not be limited by time-gating ‘n stuff. Sticking to one and only character is not everyone’s choice and you shouldn’t be mocking us for that.

in Crafting

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

you should not be rewarded more just because you have more alts end of discussion

Sadly, no. It’s not the end of the discussion. Quite far from it. Right now, having more alts means you are better rewarded in some aspects of the game, as listed below. Time gating is not the answer to the "how alts = profits " discussion.

More alts, more dungeon tokens per day, more fractal rewards per day, more farming (due to diminishing returns), more choices (considering the dungeon trend at the moment) etc etc….

So i don’t know what game you are playing, but you are rewarded for having more alts at the moment. They started to change it using account bound rewards. I consider that is enough , no need to add time gating to an account bound reward also. It’s just silly. Look at the celestial gear…it’s account bound, requires account bound materials. That was enough. But no, only once every 5 days (if i remember correctly) do you get 1 item. It’s a lazy design on “How to keep our players in the game”.

Even if ascended gear were not time-gated, it could still require significant effort to gear your characters. I consider the gear and key materials being account bound being enough of a limitation itself.

This. <3

Not only can we not profit from them, it allows us to gear however we want.

You said it yourself. You dug your own grave.

Yes, very productive. We dug our own graves for:
1. Picking a class with multiple specs or wanting to play more than one part of the game (maybe the content should also be gated….that way, it solves all our issues! oh wait..no)
2. Being new at the game and behind everyone (new players are also affected and put off by the wall between players – gear wise and “requirement” wise for everything)
3. Wanting to spend more time in the game to get the materials than others
4. Being more active than most (shocker)
5. Having more than one character (how dare we use the slots provided and buy more?! )

Thank you for your answer, but please try and add arguments to your statements instead of just picking words you fancy from others.

Edit: Thanks for reading and hope you don’t mind the small dose of sarcasm that was involved in this post. Repeating the same thing over and over again tends to cause it.

(edited by Erika.8256)

in Crafting

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

Azenketh, a gate of once per day per toon would be lekittenous, but no less irritating, for me at least. My issue is the daily login ‘requirement.’ I will play a million hours and buy a million gems; why make my life harder for no reason other than to artificially prolong my interest in the game?

Which will not succeed by this method, by the way. If gear were not time-gated, I would make a crazy effort to get lots of it, all the time, spreading love and gems all over the game. And I mean EFFORT. I am ocd and in love with six hour play sessions. I don’t want an Easy Button. ‘Six months to get this gear’ just says to me, ‘Oh. I already have daily chores, like housework and my job. No thanks.’ Time-gating like this is a deterrent for me.