Tips for finishing crafting my Legendary?

in Crafting

Posted by: Julian.8326

Julian.8326

Hello everyone. I’m trying to forge my first (and probably only) Legendary, Howler, and I’m finding a bit difficult to get the gold to get the most expensive mats. I already have Gift of Wood, Wolf Statue, 77 Clovers, and I’m close to the Gift of Battle. 2/3 of my Legendary, according to gw2legendary.com

Can you give me some tips on these things:

1) I have somewhat plenty of T5 mats, enough to craft ~40 items right now to salvage into ectos. Does it worth it? Or is it better to just sell them and get the money? I still need 250 more ectos for the Gift of Fortune.

2) The precursor: I’m trying to stay away from the MF, the RNG doesn’t like me, but I’m getting AC and CoF tokens that I don’t need, should I buy Warhorns with the tokens and then use them in the MF, or save the tokens to buy exotics to then salvage them into ectos? Howl is not that expensive, 75g as I write this, and if the feb update doesn’t bring any surprises, it will go down a bit more (yes, I should have bought it when it was 15g, a month ago T_T)

3) I have a Ranger (with full MF set) and a Guardian. Does it worth to farm AC and/or CoF to get gold? Or should I find another way to earn it? Events maybe? I still need 100 Icy Runestones, ~170 of each T6 mat, and 250 ectos. That’s a lot of gold.

Any other tips that you can give me, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

Marcus Ironforge ~ Norn Ranger
Alianza Argentina [ARG] @ Sorrow’s Furnace

in Crafting

Posted by: Surferboy.1649

Surferboy.1649

in my view, get the precursor first. I did the fault that I started with the gifts and now the precursor is high up. It’s just a matter of time till Howl will be used for TP-trade and then it rises soon.
Forget the MF, salvage you’re golden items and sell exotics if they are worthy.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

1) Yes i’d craft em into rare gear and then salvage em for ecto. If you do the math, even buying T5 mats to make gear to salvage is better since on average you can put buy orders of 1s80ish per T5 mat and only need 15 plus leather and silk is dirt cheap and easy to get. Then break it and you can get 1-3 ecto which sell alone for about 38-40s each.

2) I would use your tokens to try and MF a warhorn. Worst case you come out with a sellable warhorn which you can then keep the gold.

3)This part is tricky. I hear from some people they are making 20-30g a day. I can’t see how. I run AC, CoF, TA and fractals and i make about 15g a day. So either i’m kinda unlucky or some of these people are using “tricks” or lying about what they really make.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

2) Run AC for tokens to buy Exotic Warhorns to toss into MF. Run CoF for money and tokens to buy level 70 rares (heavy helm!! for mithril and chance at Ori) for your ectos.

3) Use your ranger to farm CS for Heavy Moldy Bags. This will give you tons of T5 and good amount of T6 mats. Their drop rate is amazing now, if you tag well, you can get a full stack in 1 hour. Use your Guardian for Dungeon runs since they can make the runs faster and easier. I Have the exact same level 80s and this is what i do.

As for money, I can see CoF P1 giving good money. I went into P1 with 3s (put into bank) and in 10 mins came out with 1g68s and 2 rares. I also dont use MF/Gold food, pure support food and oils to better help my party.

in Crafting

Posted by: Julian.8326

Julian.8326

Thanks for the tips guys!

2) Run AC for tokens to buy Exotic Warhorns to toss into MF. Run CoF for money and tokens to buy level 70 rares (heavy helm!! for mithril and chance at Ori) for your ectos.

Lvl 70 rares give you Ectos? I thought only lvl 76+ have a chance on droping them.

Marcus Ironforge ~ Norn Ranger
Alianza Argentina [ARG] @ Sorrow’s Furnace

in Crafting

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

I’m trying to craft Howler too… Glad I’m not the only one, I think it’s not a very common choice for a Legendary.
I have a Ranger too and I want a cool warhorn to combine with my axe… I think this one is the only decent warhorn ingame.
By far I have 77 mystic clovers, dungeon gift, bloodstone shard, obsidian shards and I’m close to gift of battle… same as you!
The problem now is to complete the stacks of T6 materials and ectos. Maybe I have to try to farm more in Cursed Shore with my magic find set, like someone suggested…
Gladly I have the precursor, I was lucky and I bought it for 40 golds on 26th January without knowing that in the 28th patch they would have added new cool effects. Now it doubled the price but it’s still a “cheap” precursor. I suggest you to simply buy it directly… There’s people who wasted 500+ golds in the Mystic Forge and didn’t got the precursor… Here we talk about an 80-golds precursor, I don’t see why to take the risk of wasting a tons of exotics in the Mystic Forge… Maybe the price will lower a bit, or maybe it will raise… I think it’s quite stable now…

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

in Crafting

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Thanks for the tips guys!

Lvl 70 rares give you Ectos? I thought only lvl 76+ have a chance on droping them.

Level 70 rares and exotics can give Ectos. I actually want to say that its 68+, but don’t quote me on that. What you’re thinking of is precursors, where it’s 75+ rares and 70+ exotics giving a chance at precursors (or any other 80 exotic).

in Crafting

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

You absolutely should not be putting warhorns into the MF to make a warhorn precursor. The warhorn precursor doesn’t cost enough to make that feasible.

Use your tokens to buy rares (of any kind), and salvage them for ectos, which you need anyway. If you reach a point where you don’t need ectos anymore but still don’t have your precursor yet, sell the ectos and put the money towards buying it.

If you insist on using the tokens to buy things to put in the MF, at least try to make a precursor that’s valuable with it. Try to make a dawn/dusk/spark or something instead that would sell for 500+g. Costs the same to make one of those in the mystic forge as it does to make the precursor Howl. If successful, sell it, take the money and buy Howl, pocket lots of money.

But really, just buy the rares with tokens and salvage them for ectos.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)