Transmute Legendary

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Jehovas.4835

Jehovas.4835

Hello,

I dont want the stats on my legendary dagger. Im thinking about to transmute it to my carrion dagger beacuse of the stats. Does that mess up my skin?

Thank you.

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Atleast your dagger loses it’s status as a legendary and becomes an exotic and that can be a problem once the introduce ascended weapon since legendaries will be brought up to par with them.

All is vain.

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Yeah it is rather unfortunate but transmuting a legendary will take away its status, the skin graphics and particals will remain but it will not have a purple name.

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: THuGaNoMiX.5036

THuGaNoMiX.5036

We still haven’t heard form Anet on this. I already transmuted stats on to my Legendary and it made it exotic. That is just stupid. Can we get a direct answer form ANET on this please? My sword better get the ascended buff.

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

^I can’t imagine why it would though. I mean they might give you the option to revert it back to it’s original form and have power/tough/vit boosted to ascended, but boosting up the berserker stats or whatever you put on it to ascended doesn’t seem likely. That being said, I always thought that you should be able to pick the stats for your legendary when you craft it, given how much effort it takes. And I’m not just talking about picking the stat combo, but actually picking the three stats and which one is primary.

(edited by elderan.2638)

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

THuGaNoMiX.5036

I don’t understand why it would become exotic… That’s just stupid. Correct me if I am wrong, but we were not warned at all about that happening. This is still a legendary weopon that took me 2 months of straight up hardcore farming to make. It by god better get upgraded to ascended level stats if they are going to implement vertical progression. It would not make any sense for my legendary to be weaker than an ascended greatsword.

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Bob.1039

Bob.1039

I like to hear a response from anet about this too. I really like to change the stats of my legendary via transmuting without giving up the legendary status. It would be great if we could have some assurance that the legendary status will be restored, otherwise we would have to compromise with whatever stats it comes with at the moment.

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Chrissy Chan.4573

Chrissy Chan.4573

I don’t understand why it would become exotic….

When you transmute an item the rarity of the finished item depends upon the rarity of the stats you choose. This is how it has always been, but it does seem ridiculous that a legendary would lose its rarity when it should not.

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Shizit.1294

Shizit.1294

Not good at all… should I rethink crafting Twilight lol? A legendary SHOULD be a legendary no matter what stats players choose to put on it after crafting. Or we are forced to pick a certain build just to match the stats of the weapon? This doesn’t seem right, looks more like a bug to me.

Shïzït – 80 Warrior | Teskatlipoka – 80 Thief
[eB]

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

NO.

If all you save is the skin it is no longer a legendary weapon. You’ve gutted it.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

THuGaNoMiX.5036

NO.

If all you save is the skin it is no longer a legendary weapon. You’ve gutted it.

Power/Prec/Crit is way better than Power/Vit/Tough

I’ve tested every warrior build and the loss of damage for a Berzerker build is not made up AT ALL by tankiness with a Power/Tough/Vit build. I have fought a buddy of mine through every build and by far and without any question whatsoever the Berzerker build is the only way to go.

Transmute Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

introduce the Legendary transmutation stone Anet. Good money for you that gets the job done

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU