Transmuted Legendary not legendary?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

Q:

My sword is now ‘Orange’ (exotic), is it no longer legendary anymore? Will it receive the Ascended weapon buff?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

A:

It’s something Anet said they was going to fix, one day. You should have wait, now probably you lost the legendary status and future legendary upgrades they will receive. But hey, you still have your skin..

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You transmuted it. Its not legendary anymore. So it most likely wont get ascended buff.
Puzzles me why you would transmute it anyway. Power Vit Toughness is awsome.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Nirvash.3018

Because Precision is much more awesome?

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Hmm if that’s the case then I’ll just switch back to some zerker pieces to offset the loss of damage. Rather keep the legendary intact besides the sigil.

in Crafting

Nirvash.3018

^ Well to late now. Didn’t know it would lose it’s legendary status. (It was still purple when transmuting)

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

^ Well to late now. Didn’t know it would lose it’s legendary status. (It was still purple when transmuting)

Yes… didn’t know after seeing it happen to every other item you transmute, right?

in Crafting

Posted by: Raybunny.6190

Raybunny.6190

A fix is on the run. When? Dunno. But it was confirmed that the transmuted weapons should be in the end Legendary.

Raybunny – Warrior
[Midnight Mayhem] – Gunnar’s Hold

in Crafting

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

For people that are reading this, wanting to transmute different stats onto the legendary. I recall reading somewhere ages ago, that if you transmute the stats on the precursor, those stats should carry through to the legendary.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

I thought making a legendary was a process of it being exactly what you want without the need to transmute it. I will some time not in the near future be making a legendary so I will want to make sure I do it right.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Theres about 87 topics same question always same answer. Ask in map chat guaranteed someone knows.
Puzzles me why wouldn’t you ask before doing smth like that.

in Crafting

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

That’s what wiki say:

Please keep in mind that when transmuting two items, you are combining the stats of one weapon with the skin of another to create an entirely new item. When transmuting an item before item progression to legendary is completed, you will lose the ability to continue the progression of the item. It becomes an entirely new item with the the appearance of one item and the stats of the other. If you wish to create a legendary weapon, you will need to wait until after you have completed the item progression to transmute the appearance or the ability to do so will be lost.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

in Crafting

Nirvash.3018

^ so i can’t even make eternity anymore… Q_Q

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Because Precision is much more awesome?

Not really. Precision gives quite a bit less extra damage than power.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There is plenty of reason to transmute legendaries. For example, I am working toward The Bifrost. On a Necrmonacer, you would want Apothecary stats rather than the standard. On a Mesmer, probably Carrion stats. Elementalist and Guardian? Standard stats are good.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Zoul.1087

Zoul.1087

The buff is based on stats. You murdered the stats.

When ascended comes out transmute it with ascended. Bam stat buff you wanted.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Still inferior of what legendary would have been not ruining it

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Still inferior of what legendary would have been not ruining it

Umm, no. Legendary weapons are no better than Exotics currently and will be no better than what Ascended weapons will be. This is on purpose so that the only benefit you get from crafting a legendary is bragging rights and the satisfaction you have accomplished a hell of a lot. I have no idea where people keep getting this idea that Legendaries are mechanically superior.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Ye but now, he has to craft an antire ascended weapon with the stats he wants too, just to then retransmute it. Instead of have a free update
Not just, legendaries (maybe i misunderstood) should be a bit more powerful than ascended, we have tiers, and legendary tier is the higher , for what devs said, kept as the topend weapon.

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Ye but now, he has to craft an antire ascended weapon with the stats he wants too, just to then retransmute it. Instead of have a free update
Not just, legendaries (maybe i misunderstood) should be a bit more powerful than ascended, we have tiers, and legendary tier is the higher , for what devs said, kept as the topend weapon.

Nope. Legendaries are only for the skin, not stats (though you can’t craft power/tough/vit normally, so I suppose there is that). This is well established in everything the Devs have said on the subject.

Legendaries are indeed the top tier. They are not the only tier with their strength, though.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I guess you lost some updates on what devs said long ago, and geargrind we have now
Do you need a link maybe? I guess you can find it by yourself

The “just a skin” era is dead with lost shores update

You can transumte stats you need later, when legendaries status and text will be fixed and kept, it’s a work in progress

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I guess you lost some updates on what devs said long ago, and geargrind we have now

You can transumte stats you need later, when legendaries status and text will be fixed and kept, it’s a work in progress

What I read on the Lost Shores update was that Legendary weapons would be having their stats buffed to equal those of Ascended weapons. Then there were some patch notes after the Lost Shores update that stated “Legendary weapons have been reverted to their original stats.” The reason for this is because the Ascended weapons are not out yet, so before the reversion, the Legendaries were actually the best in the game (for about 2 days).

This is not what ANet intended and they have reverted Legendaries to match exotics until the Ascended weapons are released, at which time the Legendaries will be boosted to match them.

I read everything regarding equipment and the Lost Shores update. Did you?

I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Jia Shen.4217

So after all the discussion is it indeed the consensus that as of right now don’t transmute your legendary because it is no longer legendary after the transmute? We are talking transmuting the stats onto the legendary here since the whole point of the legendary is for the looks of it vs alternative best stat items. And to get the stats you want you have to transmute the legendary and not the items before making the legendary? Perhaps I’m worrying about something that won’t matter when I actually go to make one since I’m probably quite a ways from that still.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

So after all the discussion is it indeed the consensus that as of right now don’t transmute your legendary because it is no longer legendary after the transmute? We are talking transmuting the stats onto the legendary here since the whole point of the legendary is for the looks of it vs alternative best stat items. And to get the stats you want you have to transmute the legendary and not the items before making the legendary? Perhaps I’m worrying about something that won’t matter when I actually go to make one since I’m probably quite a ways from that still.

I don’t see why you shouldn’t transmute? You still get the skin, which is the ONLY thing that legendary has above exotic, AND you get the stats you want with your build. Win-win right?
The fact that is has or has no purple name changes absolutely nothing in your game.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

What I read on the Lost Shores update was that Legendary weapons would be having their stats buffed to equal those of Ascended weapons. Then there were some patch notes after the Lost Shores update that stated “Legendary weapons have been reverted to their original stats.” The reason for this is because the Ascended weapons are not out yet, so before the reversion, the Legendaries were actually the best in the game (for about 2 days).

This is not what ANet intended and they have reverted Legendaries to match exotics until the Ascended weapons are released, at which time the Legendaries will be boosted to match them.

I read everything regarding equipment and the Lost Shores update. Did you?

So, to answer the OP, (seems i have to type every single thing to evade polemical quotes ) don’t touch your legendary downgrading it to exotic, or you will lose the upcoming patch, making again the legendary weapon the best in game. Soon
The “it’s just a skin” is dead, we are just waiting the update
Do you agreee now, or you keep insist?

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

would like to see some way of changing the stats on legendaries without them loosing legendary status, future free stat upgrades, took so long to make and p/v/t is not for everyone…

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Crafting

Jia Shen.4217

I don’t see why you shouldn’t transmute? You still get the skin, which is the ONLY thing that legendary has above exotic, AND you get the stats you want with your build. Win-win right?
The fact that is has or has no purple name changes absolutely nothing in your game.

Someone who posted after you confirmed my reason for asking. I wasn’t sure on it from the previous posts to mine. But if it is no longer classified as legendary for purposes of the update that will bring the stats to ascended classified then that would be the reason not to transmute until after the change occurs. And assuming no future updates would require the same thing again. Which would concern me as well.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

If you transmute it, why wait for ascended? It will make little difference if you transmute exotic now and ascended later when avaible.

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So, to answer the OP, (seems i have to type every single thing to evade polemical quotes ) don’t touch your legendary downgrading it to exotic, or you will lose the upcoming patch, making again the legendary weapon the best in game. Soon
The “it’s just a skin” is dead, we are just waiting the update
Do you agreee now, or you keep insist?

They will be equivalent to Ascended weapons (so Transmute again). They are still very much “just a skin”.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Jia Shen.4217

If you transmute it, why wait for ascended? It will make little difference if you transmute exotic now and ascended later when avaible.

Unless I’m misunderstanding you, with the item no longer counting as legendary then you would have to acquire an ascended item to do the 2nd transmutation. I’m assuming that would be a lot more work to be done that can be avoided by waiting to transmute until after the item will no longer lose it’s legendary type. Since I don’t have a legendary yet I can only go on what has been said here. If legendary items will always be the top end of gear stat and looks then I certainly wouldn’t want to have to keep getting new stats each time something changes about the top end. Assuming of course that will happen after this and top stat revision. And that this revision isn’t some sort of final improvement. After all for them to keep their word on no gear treadmil legendary items will always have to be the top end. So if they were to change it again the item would have to change with it otherwise you have the treadmill. So avoiding ruining the item to cause a treadmill that otherwise won’t be there would not be a good idea.

in Crafting

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

Because the point of us doing all of the work to get the legendary means we won’t have to grind or do whatever is required to get that ascended weapon, plus wouldn’t have to pay the extremely high gem conversion rates for another fine transmution stone. The point of the matter is that now we need to obtain a new weapon when we should have to

tldr; Anet announced this will be fixed eventually and should not need to worry

in Crafting

Posted by: RumStein.6859

RumStein.6859

For people that are reading this, wanting to transmute different stats onto the legendary. I recall reading somewhere ages ago, that if you transmute the stats on the precursor, those stats should carry through to the legendary.

I believe that is incorrect.

transmute a precursor and you won’t be able to make the legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: THuGaNoMiX.5036

THuGaNoMiX.5036

I transmuted better stats onto my Legendary as well and it became an Exotic. I want an answer on this, because If I have to grind an Ascended weapon after grinding the Legendary then that is gonna be some bullspat.

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

No. This is incorrect. DO NOT TAKE THIS ADVICE.

If you transmute the precursor it is no longer treated as a precursor by the mystic forge.

As such if you put in a transmuted precursor , and the rest of the gifts………..you will not get your legendary……….and all the work shall have been wasted

Well there’s my warning.. Good day

in Crafting

Chaos.3579

^ so i can’t even make eternity anymore… Q_Q

……no you can’t……….just stop crying.

Your making me cry

in Crafting

Chaos.3579

Although I agree with you compleatly ….there is one flaw in your speech

By transmuting a legendary item it is no longer considered that item. As a result that legendary will not receive ANY effect updates that may or may not be released for that specific legendary…….but other than that.

Yaa screw power tough and vit.

Personally if I had a twilight I would transmute it to berserker stats for my build…..though after thinking it over…….I would just wait until I got all of the twilight effect updates/ anything legendary updates

(edited by Chaos.3579)