Transmuted Spinal Blades upgrading?

in Crafting

Posted by: Kirjava.9476

Kirjava.9476

Q:

Hi guys,
I’ve transmuted my exotic Advanced Spinal Blades, when the new wardrobe system appeared. My question is, if i transmute it back to the original skin, is it possible to upgrade it to the ascended Tempered Spinal Blades? Cause there are no Transmution Splitters, btw.

Thanks for your answers.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The skin is not important. You need the stat part of the Advanced Spinal Blades. If you only changed the skin you should still be able to use it as if it was untransmuted.

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I think it will have the property of being a ‘transmuted’ Advanced Spinal Blades. Even though it has the original skin. I know that you could transmute 2 of the same items before the patch and it will be the exact same item except it had the description of “transmuted” on top of it. This is just my theory and what I know about transmuting. I’m not entirely sure that this will be the same as your situation, because I haven’t done this yet with that item.

Though I’m quite curious too now.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Putting it another way. If you shift+click your back item and it says “[Advanced Spinal Blades]” in the chat box then it is fine. You can just put it into the forge as is.

in Crafting

Kirjava.9476

For first, thank you for your answers!

I’m doing armorsmith to 500 right now, but we’ll see that it’s possible or not. As Khisanth wrote, it’s name is “Advanced Spinal Blades of Beryl”, but it’s transmuted to Holographic Dragon Wing Cover. The stats are exactly the same as the original Advanced Spinal Blades… But as it is written under the item’s stats "NOTE: Cannot be used in the Mystic Forge if transmuted. " I have some fears, that it won’t work.

Anyway, we’ll see.

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Can you keep me updated? I’m curious too

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Meanmommy.6230

Meanmommy.6230

I got the same question, cuz if I can’t upgrade it anymore it’s a big waste of my time upgrading armorsmithing <.<
I’m in the same situation Kirjava.
Keep me updated plz!

in Crafting

Kirjava.9476

Of course, i’ll keep you updated, but it seems, that you have to wait for the answer… I have to levelup my AS to 500 (it’s just 300 now) and i need some more Dragonite Ingots… but i promise, when i got everything, i’ll tell you the result

in Crafting

Posted by: Captnrandm.5986

Captnrandm.5986

I can confirm that you can still use it in the mystic forge even after changing is appearance but to be safe i changed its appearance back to its original. i am not sure if that made it possible or not but it still worked.

in Crafting

Posted by: steamant.5967

steamant.5967

I can confirm that you can still use it in the mystic forge even after changing is appearance but to be safe i changed its appearance back to its original. i am not sure if that made it possible or not but it still worked.

Just if you may, please confirm that you used “Advanced Spinal Blades”, where it was indicated as “Transmuted”, that you had put it into the Mystic Forge with 250 spinal blades, 1 gift of blades and 1 vision crystal and as a result you have gotten Tempered Spinal Blades. I am asking so precisely, because it is written that it is impossible to use it when transmutted. And I also, ehrm, transmuted mine…

in Crafting

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

I upgraded to ascended yesterday with my Quaggan skinned advanced spinal blades. I did not re-transmute.