Transmuted legendaries

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: pchow.1956

pchow.1956

Q:

Can I get a dev to comment on this? If I transmute let’s say a dusk or twilight can i still use it as a component in the mystic forge? Thank you

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Transmuted items dont work, someone tried already.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

There is currently an issue where the legendary component will not work in the legendary recipe if you transmute another item’s stats onto that component. We are working on a solution.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

pchow.1956

thanks for the quick response. So is it official that even transmuted legendaries components and legendaries themselves should be able to be used?

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

There is currently an issue where the legendary component will not work in the legendary recipe if you transmute another item’s stats onto that component. We are working on a solution.

Don’t forget to apply this solution to the legendaries themselves as well so that the Eternity recipe works.

There’s also the issue that transmuted Legendary weapons lose their legendary status and become exotic weapons.

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

^Thats not an issue. If you transmute a skin onto different stats it becomes the quality of item used for the stats. Not a bug.

I also dont understand why you would want to transmute the legendaries at all. Their stats are perfectlty rounded. Power, Vit and Toughness is probably the most effective stat combinations for most classes and builds.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: God Alien.8960

God Alien.8960

That is not the only scenario. I tried transmuting the skin of an exotic weapon with the stats of a legendary component (Zap), and the description of it being a legendary component disappeared. While performing the transmutation process, the legendary description showed up in the box with the stats of the legendary component (Zap). This is extremely misleading because one would think it will keep being the legendary component as long as the box with the description on it is chosen. This complete lack of intuitiveness for something as important and costly as a legendary prerequisite costed me 50g. Extremely disappointed at ANet for this, as I already submitted a support ticket, and was told that they can’t compensate me in any way.

(edited by God Alien.8960)

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

We can insert a new sigil into a legendary item without changing its status as a legendary weapon, correct?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: God Alien.8960

God Alien.8960

Are you talking about a legendary component or a legendary weapon itself? If you are referring to a legendary component, then yes, you can insert a new sigil into it without altering its description.

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

pchow.1956

what? I am talking about the legendary weapon itself. Let’s say I wanted eternity, but I transmuted my twilight into power/prec/crit dmg weapon first. Could i still put that twilight that is exotic colored instead of legendary in combination for eternity? would love a dev response back about if I do I transmute it now will I be able to do it in the future or should I just keep it careful and leave it as is?

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: deltasniper.1659

deltasniper.1659

This really REALLY needs to be fixed i bought a The Colossus of Rage i transmutted the stats on it till i could craft the legendary… and i seriously wasted every last bit of my gold getting it… I… am literally wrenching inside. I love this game but it feels like its not even worth my time if all that work was for not… Ill see if its fixed within the next couple updates or i may be done

(edited by deltasniper.1659)

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Currently, if you transmute an item, it no longer counts as the original item. So if you need a specific item for a recipe, if it has been transmuted, it will not work.

Same goes for Twilight most likely, since it’s a problem with all legendary recipes.

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Xandman.4583

Xandman.4583

If you change the skin of your legendary do you still retain the effects of the legendary?

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

^Thats not an issue. If you transmute a skin onto different stats it becomes the quality of item used for the stats. Not a bug.

I also dont understand why you would want to transmute the legendaries at all. Their stats are perfectlty rounded. Power, Vit and Toughness is probably the most effective stat combinations for most classes and builds.

Because different stats work for different builds?

The idea behind the system is to be able to put any stat combination on any weapon skin. If this entire premise is scrapped at the highest tier of weaponry, it makes the entire idea of Legendary weapons laughable at best, since they’re no stronger than their Exotic counterparts.

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

Has this problem been resolved? My GS shatter mesmer needs that 10% crit damage and missing out on 8% crit kinda sucks…

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Absolutely not

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It is sad that the Legendaries got such a limited stats. I believe i even read that legendaries transmuted wont be upgraded to ascended. And since there is no ascended weapon ingame now, changing the stats would mean downgrading to exotic stats regardless.

Why cant we choose the stats we like? Why cant there be a recipe in the MF that costs say a T6 mat, a fine transmutation stone, toss in some philosopher stones and the legendary.

The T6 mat you picked determines the stats, f.e. using a Powerful Blood gives you a Legendary with the Berserker stats on the, (power/prec/critdmg).
Using a scale the stats for Knight (power/tough/prec? something like that?) etcetc

Transmuted legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lack of design, bro.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter