Transmuting Meteorlogicus

in Crafting

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

Q:

Heya!

Since Meteorlogicus has pretty useless stats (for me), I thought about transmuting it onto something more usefull.

Now 2 questions:
1. will it still be legendary?
2. will it “upgrade” automaticly when ascended weapons will be introduced?
3. do I have to keep the sigil?

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

in Crafting

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

If you look through the forums you will see 100000000 posts just like this and they all have the same answer.

Do this at your own risk. No official response. No one know for sure.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Crafting

Posted by: Zedrix.2104

Zedrix.2104

It seems to be ok to do now, I transmutated my Kudzu and it comes up purple on character and linked. It didnt changed to Kudzu of whatever and kept the name just Kudzu.
Still, there has been no official response.

in Crafting

Posted by: Persival.1348

Persival.1348

It seems to be ok to do now, I transmutated my Kudzu and it comes up purple on character and linked. It didnt changed to Kudzu of whatever and kept the name just Kudzu.

Did Kudzu also keep the “legendary” visual effects?

in Crafting

Zedrix.2104

Did Kudzu also keep the “legendary” visual effects?

yes it did.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Can we get a Screenshot fo that please?

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Crafting

Zedrix.2104

Transmutated and linked in chat, second one is effects.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Keeps the legendary purple font and name now, but still can be put in the Mystic Forge together with exos. Im pretty confident this will be fixed in the future seeing as how they keep on improving it every patch.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Crafting

Noerknhar.3826

Official statement would be awesome.

Zedrix, what exotic did you use to transmute onto? Crafted or dungeon? What sigil did you chose while transmuting? Maybe it does matter.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

I would still like an official response on whether legendaries may eventually be account bound. Or, if not, that we’ll safely be able to transfer them to another character through a double transmutation and have them retain legendary status.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Crafting

Zedrix.2104

I used the Orion longbow. Longbow of dragon’s deep. I didn’t realise until now when I unequiped it, it says the name of the bow it was transmutated from.

in Crafting

Noerknhar.3826

I used the Orion longbow. Longbow of dragon’s deep. I didn’t realise until now when I unequiped it, it says the name of the bow it was transmutated from.

Clarification + screenshot please

in Crafting

Zedrix.2104

Clarification + screenshot please

Look at the screenshot I already posted. In chat window it says what I unequipped and then equipped

in Crafting

Noerknhar.3826

Zedrix, could you clarify a bit: so the chat says Longbow of dragon’s deep (I checked the screenshot, you’re right) but the item tooltip says Kudzu? Can you put both Kudzu and aether into the mystic forge, that means, does Kudzu count as exotic in mystic forge terms?

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

This is just another bug yet to be fixed. I transmuted my Frostfang and it still remains legendary, even if the chat window says otherwise.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

This is just another bug yet to be fixed. I transmuted my Frostfang and it still remains legendary, even if the chat window says otherwise.

But it’s not “Legendary”, it’s “Transmuted”. So far from all the fixes and what not, all they’ve done is fix visible labels. As seen by that chat box pulling code, it still show it as changed. Anet has stated time and again that transmuting creates a new item and that those items show rarity text coloring to match the appearance item. We can see this clearly putting Exotic skins on lower rarities, but those items still act like the original item’s rarity (ie Basic/Fine not soulbinding). So until this mechanic is changed, I do not think these transmutations will be considered Legendary when the time comes to upgrade them to match Ascended weapons. And that’s ignoring the fact that no Legendary weapons have any other stats than PTV to be upgraded to match the slew of combinations I’m sure Ascended will get.

in Crafting

jwaz.1908

But it’s not “Legendary”, it’s “Transmuted”. So far from all the fixes and what not, all they’ve done is fix visible labels. As seen by that chat box pulling code, it still show it as changed. Anet has stated time and again that transmuting creates a new item and that those items show rarity text coloring to match the appearance item. We can see this clearly putting Exotic skins on lower rarities, but those items still act like the original item’s rarity (ie Basic/Fine not soulbinding). So until this mechanic is changed, I do not think these transmutations will be considered Legendary when the time comes to upgrade them to match Ascended weapons. And that’s ignoring the fact that no Legendary weapons have any other stats than PVT to be upgraded to match the slew of combinations I’m sure Ascended will get.

In all honesty, if Anet doesn’t run a script that upgrades all transmuted legendary weapons, I and many others will be quite angry, especially since PVT works for very few people. I don’t see how hard it would be for them to implement, even if the item is no longer considered “legendary” in the eyes of the game.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Pennry.9215

In all honesty, if Anet doesn’t run a script that upgrades all transmuted legendary weapons, I and many others will be quite angry, especially since PVT works for very few people. I don’t see how hard it would be for them to implement, even if the item is no longer considered “legendary” in the eyes of the game.

In all honesty, I don’t see transmuted Legendaries worthy of the upgrade. You used it as a skin. Any other skin is considered gone. You used it for it’s looks. If they changed the looks, you’d get it. If they changed the stats on any other weapon, you’d not get it.

If I were to make Foefire’s Essence then transmute it for the skin, and then suddenly they decide that all HPT exotic weapons need better stats, they wouldn’t give me an upgrade.

Lastly, if the game doesn’t see it as Legendary, how do you expect this magical script to see it as such? Even though the Weapon Strength was the same, you still downgraded the Legendary to an Exotic. All they’re doing now is making it so that the Icon and text matches the skin used so that they are in line with all the other same item type transmutations out there.

in Crafting

jwaz.1908

In all honesty, I don’t see transmuted Legendaries worthy of the upgrade. You used it as a skin. Any other skin is considered gone. You used it for it’s looks. If they changed the looks, you’d get it. If they changed the stats on any other weapon, you’d not get it.

If I were to make Foefire’s Essence then transmute it for the skin, and then suddenly they decide that all HPT exotic weapons need better stats, they wouldn’t give me an upgrade.

Lastly, if the game doesn’t see it as Legendary, how do you expect this magical script to see it as such? Even though the Weapon Strength was the same, you still downgraded the Legendary to an Exotic. All they’re doing now is making it so that the Icon and text matches the skin used so that they are in line with all the other same item type transmutations out there.

What are legendary weapons if not skins. They have the same stats as exotics, and are all PVT, which again fits very few people’s builds. If Arena net didn’t intend them to be transmuted, they wouldn’t have given all of them generic stats, and wouldn’t be trying to fix the legendary transmutation bugs.

And yes, I do expect a magical script to upgrade my transmuted legendary, I spent 3 months to get this skin, I expect it to continue to be “best in slot” no matter what, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way.

EDIT: If you don’t have a legendary, Pennry, please don’t even try to argue this point, since it doesn’t even apply to you, and you don’t know what it is to have one.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

(edited by jwaz.1908)

in Crafting

Pennry.9215

What are legendary weapons if not skins. They have the same stats as exotics, and are all PVT, which again fits very few people’s builds. If Arena net didn’t intend them to be transmuted, they wouldn’t have given all of them generic stats, and wouldn’t be trying to fix the legendary transmutation bugs.

And yes, I do expect a magical script to upgrade my transmuted legendary, I spent 3 months to get this skin, I expect it to continue to be “best in slot” no matter what, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way.

EDIT: If you don’t have a legendary, Pennry, please don’t even try to argue this point, since it doesn’t even apply to you, and you don’t know what it is to have one.

I am currently working one my second Legendary – building them both 100%.

If you created the weapon for it’s skin, then you got what you wanted. If you created it for “best in slot”, then you could have gotten any other Exotic. If you’re build doesn’t suit a PTV weapon, then Legendaries are not “best in slot” for you – an Exotic is. Skins are not “best in slot”, they’re just looks.

As I pointed out the “bugs” were in the naming and coloring – they didn’t match the other standards. All transmutations’ rarity matches the item used for stats. Why the color of the text matches the skin? I don’t know. In my opinion, I’d have changed everything else rather than change Legendaries.

When Ascended weapons come out, I expect all Legendaries to have better PTV stats. If they are nice and include transmuted weapons, I expect them to be reverted to PTV stats. Why should your Exotic stats get upgraded to Ascended, when everyone else running an Exotic weapon does not? Legendary stats are Power Toughness and Vitality, nothing else. If you want something else, go get that Ascended weapon and retransmute.

in Crafting

jwaz.1908

Legendary weapons are skins, nothing more. “Best in slot” comes with the time/effort required to make them, even if transmuted they should retain that value.
Why in hell should all legendary weapons be restricted to PVT stats, the only reason they are is because Anet lacked the imagination to allow a way to choose the stats on creation, thus requiring transmutation to get the desired stats.
Just because your legendary weapons are non-transmuted doesn’t make them “pure” or “sacred”, a legendary skin is a legendary skin, and should always be “best in slot”, thus all legendary weapons should be upgraded to ascended when ascended weapons are added to the game.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest