Transmuting armor/weapons while leveling.

in Crafting

Posted by: James Prime.8360

James Prime.8360

Howdy.
Last night I decided to do some random Armorsmithing in order to get my crafting levels up. At some point, I got it up to 25+, meaning I can now make helmets and have access to more (jute) insignias.
That being said, I was (somewhat) happy with the stats of the Chain helmet I made, but didn’t care for the style. So I decided to Transmute a L40 Vigorous Splint Helm over my just out of the fire L15 Precise Chain Helm. (For those who don’t know, the new helmet retains the Vigorous prefix, even though it applies to stats that are no longer present.)

Has anyone else transmuted a higher level item onto el cheapo items that are only supposed to last until they reach said higher levels? (Like Darksteel armor over a breastplate/coat with a L5 or L10 requirement, for example. Or transmuting a preferred armor or weapon style over an item with better stats you earned as a quest reward.)

(edited by James Prime.8360)

in Crafting

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

yep! I’ve done it for my engineer when he was level 3. He is wearing some level 40-60 gear that i’ve bought cheap off the BL. You can use the transmutation stones you get from rewards.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

in Crafting

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

Yup. There are lots of heavy armor looks that I prefer which are higher level (the lvl 70 and 75 crafted blues are an example) that l would transmute on to low level alts. I find that I have so many basic transmutation stones, it’s no hassle to maintain the look as I go.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: James Prime.8360

James Prime.8360

I think I’ve gone and done it! Saturn Ascendant, my Lv. 10 Guardian, went from various entry-level armor pieces (mostly Chain) to wearing a “Knight’s Reinforced Scale” chestplate and waistplate. When he reaches Lv. 11, he’ll get “Splint shoulder armor” to go with it.

I’ll have to find a way to post pics soon.
— James Prime.

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

My currently lvl 35 guardian has been wearing t2 human pieces since she was lvl 5. My lvl 20 engie is wearing a lvl 75 exotic piece After world completing 1 time and 2 half times, I have an over abundance of transmute stones.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I always transmute newer headgear to my engineer’s panscopic monocle since you can’t make or purchase one that looks the same as the starter one.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Crafting

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

My lvl 80 warrior has been wearing barbaric armor since he was lvl 2. I wanted the look of the Norn warrior on the creation screen, so I bought the cheapest barbaric armor on the TP and transmuted all the way to level 80. He’s now wearing exotic lvl 80 armor that looks exactly like it did when he was lvl 2. I also bought the Dolyak (tier 1) helm when he was lvl 2 and transmuted. When you find what you like, use the stones.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve been doing that for all my toons. The yellow transmute stones are really easy to get and are worthless once you get to level 80. Might as well use them up.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve done it too. HatehateHATE the look of early Heavy Armor, so I transmuted higher level gear with more attractive skins onto lower-level armor for my Charr Warrior.