Use of Quartz

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: thereturnedhero.3284

thereturnedhero.3284

What crafting disciplines can quartz be used in?
What recipes can quartz be used to make?

Any ideas/suggestions about what we are going to be doing with quartz?
(https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/july-09-2013/ for more info)

Thanks to Dulfy: Used to make charged quartz, which can then be used to make celestial inscriptions

Member of The Legacy [OBEY]
Commander on Fort Aspenwood Server

(edited by thereturnedhero.3284)

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Jeweler would be an obvious choice, although it may be used in just about all kinds of crafting except cooking. (I don’t know about you, but I don’t fancy quartz in my food. :P)

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

if i had to guess id say probably tier 2 infusions

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I’d rather see something other than infusions or jewelry but, on the other hand, what else could we craft except another poor looking armor with new mix of stats?

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I’d rather see something other than infusions or jewelry but, on the other hand, what else could we craft except another poor looking armor with new mix of stats?

I place my bets on some new MF recipes.

This staff https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/bb697BotFW-screenshot-05.jpg seen in the patch preview have a crystal look, which leads to think about a recipe involving quarts.
Considered that, unless there will be more unlock/discovery specific recipes – like Destroyer or Corrupted weapons – crafted exotics always comes with the pearl skin, i think this might come from MF.

Oh, and another stat set for armors/weapons/jewelry is assured too. Wonder only if it we the permanent return of Sentinel (doubt, cause Azurite wouldn’t have sense. But then i’d like to see the azurite and related recipes get a permanent spawn) or brand new one.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I suspect it will be used to make new trinkets, new inscriptions, and new insignias; so everyone but chefs will be using it. The question is, what stat combination will it offer?

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I suspect it will be used to make new trinkets, new inscriptions, and new insignias; so everyone but chefs will be using it. The question is, what stat combination will it offer?

I hope it’s not PvT

I’m gonna make a killing selling all my Sentinel inscriptions.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

It could be Tvp since we already have Pvt(soldiers/invaders) and Vtp(sentinels).

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

darkace.8925

I personally wouldn’t mind Precision/Condition Damage/Vitality or Power/Precision/Vitality.

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I would like my engineer to be able to build a watch – so I can tell the in-game time.

Glitter effects for my armour *lol

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

If it was ++Vitality +Prec, I wouldn’t mind one bit that all we were getting was stats….
Bonus points if if it gave us +Boon dur without wasting either of the other stat slots on Healing …and when ya think about it, what else makes more sense for Quartz than Boons?? Nothing IMO!

(edited by ilr.9675)

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Maybe T2 infusions to prepare for additional Fractals

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Maybe T2 infusions to prepare for addi*C*tional Fractals

Fixed that for you.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

This staff https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/bb697BotFW-screenshot-05.jpg seen in the patch preview have a crystal look, which leads to think about a recipe involving quarts.
Considered that, unless there will be more unlock/discovery specific recipes – like Destroyer or Corrupted weapons – crafted exotics always comes with the pearl skin, i think this might come from MF.

That staff is Zenith weapon set

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

That staff is Zenith weapon set

OMG, I love this so much!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

I look forward to crafting radios, televisions, radars and digital watches.

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Maybe T2 infusions to prepare for addi*C*tional Fractals

Fixed that for you.

huh

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Power+Precision+Healing power, please! My guardian wants this set so badly!

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

ummm I need power + power + power set!

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: BaronT.5637

BaronT.5637

They may be used to craft lodestones/cores. I remember a dev posting that they were planning on adding more ways to obtain them and this could be one. Also they did say that you get your own personal quartz node once you complete the meta achievement which leads me to believe that they will make them very rare, which also makes me think that they will be used to craft cores or lodestones.

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Power+Precision+Healing power, please! My guardian wants this set so badly!

My guardian wants Toughness major with Power and Healing minors.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Ascended gear (Weapons?)

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

darkace.8925

Ascended gear (Weapons?)

I hope that day never comes.

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

It would not surprise me if they made the quartz (crystal) an ingredient for inscriptions with a plus to healing power. That sounds like the kind of joke they would play… (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_healing). I would guess they are going to be used for a Toughness, healing, precision.

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

Use of Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Celestial stats. Dulfy announced it in her preview today.