Used Emerald Pendant still usable for Triforge?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sirgleno.2679

Sirgleno.2679

Q:

I have now leveled up to 80, and while I hoped to finish the Triforge Pendant before I hit the level cap, I didn’t quite make it. I did finish the Emerald Pendant, although I may be a month or two out from finishing off the Triforge. My question is if I can bind my existing Emerald Pendant (which is Soulbound on Use) and still use it in the Triforge recipe down the road to create an Unbound Triforge. Additionally, could I add a jewel for additional stats to the Emerald Pendant and still use it in the recipe?

Thanks,

Sirgleno

in Crafting

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Soulbound items can be thrown into the forge as long as they are thrown in by the character wearing them – 90% of people who made their legendaries were wearing their precursors prior to making them!. So you’ll have no problem if you soulbind it. If you were to get another pendant, you can only soulbind it to the character with the emerald pendant.

The latter part of adding a gem – I honestly can;t say it won;t effect it but I’d think its unlikely as you can change the sigils for legendaries. That being said, if you are paranoid at all then you may want to leave it blank.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sirgleno.2679

Sirgleno.2679

Thanks for answering the first part Terra, the comparison to legendaries seems a reasonable parallel and unless its bugged, seems good enough to convince me. That said, I am a bit paranoid, with this being a pretty significant outlay of gold for me at this time in game, so unless I knew for sure that adding a gemstone wouldn’t mess up my crafting, I probably won’t do it – which also means that I might as well let it sit, since unslotted it will underperform a cheap alternative.

in Crafting

Posted by: PunchClockVillain.8960

PunchClockVillain.8960

You can definitely still use soulbound items in the forge on the character they’re soulbound to. Terra answered this. As to the other part though, I am almost positive that I had a chrysocola in my emerald pendant before I threw em in the forge. I would let it sit anyways though like you thought. Especially if the stats aren’t crucial. Also, finish your Ruby pendant before you finish the other. It’s by far the most expensive, and always has been.

Violent Impact [VI] recruitment officer(Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us/
Now recruiting!