Vanilla At 3s And Rising

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

This is ridiculous.

A low level basic ingredient, used in recipes all the way to 400, should not be this rare. Please look into the possibility of increasing ways of attaining this.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

wish we could have a farm in your home district and farm it :P

home district would have some use then now its just pointless

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Yeah, just plant some and grow your own. Oh wait, this isnt a sandbox.

Sanctum of Rall

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: AKGator.9175

AKGator.9175

I found Vanilla Beans (7) for the first time in Metrica over the weekend. I have been through that area with (2) other characters previously and never found them.

SoS – Tears of the Fallen (FLLN)
LVL 80 Norn Guardian
LVL 80 Slyvari Ranger

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

how much vanilla bean do you need to get past that hump? Just curious. Or will you use it till you get to onmonberry level?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: Sammet.6542

Sammet.6542

Honestly, though, I’m annoyed about the lack of vanilla but at the same time it needs to be challenging. I don’t mind it.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I found 3 of them while running through Mount Maelstrom the other day. You can get them from Verdant Herbs.

I honestly think its good that something is throttling the creation of Omnomberry Bars. They provide such an overpowered loot modifier that if all of their ingredients were cheap, everyone would be running around with them active all the time, which would be incredibly broken.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: Sammet.6542

Sammet.6542

I honestly think its good that something is throttling the creation of Omnomberry Bars. They provide such an overpowered loot modifier that if all of their ingredients were cheap, everyone would be running around with them active all the time, which would be incredibly broken.

This is exactly what I’m getting at!

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

The issue is that +MF is so much better than the other buffs for everything except perhaps WvWvW.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: kwolf.4306

kwolf.4306

Yes, being new to the game, this is a real problem. Are we not supposed to participate in crafting until we reach level 80 or something? Or is this just a way to force those of us that want to do crafting to exchange gems for gold?

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Cooking is the most difficult profession to level. My advice, just grab every resource you see when leveling. Also, use the wiki to find recipes, and create them in the “discovery” tab.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

how much vanilla bean do you need to get past that hump? Just curious. Or will you use it till you get to onmonberry level?

Yea, I’ve been wondering the same. I used less than 10 vanilla beans getting from 0 to 400. I was able to bypass most rare harvest by using karma ingredients.

Yes, being new to the game, this is a real problem. Are we not supposed to participate in crafting until we reach level 80 or something? Or is this just a way to force those of us that want to do crafting to exchange gems for gold?

I thought the master chef NPC themselves tell the player they’d have to hunt for ingredients all over the world. Made sense to me that cooking is for higher levels to find the karma ingredient… or buying off trade post.

The other crafts are easier to level concurrently with characters.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It’s not like every ingredient is at this price. You can level cooking without a single vanilla bean.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

wonder if its about time for me to sell my stash….hmmmm

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: Wreatch.3812

Wreatch.3812

Here is what we do. We add growing your own garden to capture the farmville/harvest moon crowd whenever they add the mini pet fighting/farming game to capture the pokemon crowd.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

It’s not that you need them to level, its that they are the limiting factor in Omnomberry bars and not the Omnomberries.

It’s also the fact that Omnomberry Bars are that much better than the next MF food due to the gold boost and the fact that +MF is THE food to run so everything else rots.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve found Vanilla Beans (got something like 40+ right now) from harvesting Herb Seedlings in Metrica Province and Caledon Forest, but never from the other starter zones. It seems they may be a restricted item to “tropical” zones, just like Chili Peppers only ever seem to be found in Plains of Ashford, but not in other starter zones.

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

I leveled all the way through to 400 without any Vanilla Beans.

That being said… I never have a shortage of Vanilla Beans to make Omnomberry Bars if I make it a point to spend a little (and I mean little) time in Sparkfly Fen.

Also given that the Omnomberry Bar recipe creates two (2) bars, it’s still easy to make your money back by selling the bars on the TP. I always make enough to last my toons for a while, maybe some for the guild if they need, and anything left over I just sell at the TP and never find myself losing money.

Oh, and for the record… in my experience, most people prefer the Tarts or Lotus Fries for the Power or Condition Dmg with the MF. Some prefer the bars at first, but eventually go with the boost in damage. Which don’t require Vanilla Beans.

(edited by DenverRalphy.4185)

Vanilla At 3s And Rising

in Crafting

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

I’ve never ever gotten vanilla beans in Sparkfly fen, I’ve found some in Metrica. 3s is ridiculous though.