Vial of Condensed Mists Essence

in Crafting

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Is there a certain fractal level that this drops from? All the crafting recipes for ascended back items require one, but I haven’t ever gotten one. I also haven’t ever done a fractal past level 4 , so I’m wondering what level these start coming aroun on.

Also, do they drop from chests or mobs?

in Crafting

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

random drop from mobs as for chest I would suspect so. though I myself am looking for this too. If I read the patch notes right they stop dropping past level 10 and up. I could be wrong on that.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

They are a random mob drop at least up to level 10
Only gotten 1 from about 50 fractal instances, so it’s kinda low

in Crafting

Revan.6259

So they can drop in low level fractals then?

in Crafting

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I got mine in fractals lvl 3.

in Crafting

Posted by: Saraman.1930

Saraman.1930

They only drop in lower fractals – levels 1 through to 10. I have two so far, it is just RNG from mobs.

(edited by Saraman.1930)

in Crafting

Posted by: Drauger.2158

Drauger.2158

I don’t know if it will help you or not but almost all the essences I’ve got was from the underwater fractal, first part where you free 3 prisoners. The trash mob there are easy to handle with full MF gear even at lv20 and tend to drop essences a lot. I even got 2 once. Also if you can afford it, try having an omnomberry.

in Crafting

Torqueblue.1945

Well just now I got one from the grawls mission/dungeon/fractal whatever it’s called. Zero magic find and I was in there for about an hour.

Why an hour? I kept going back to that same Fractal. the grawl there are very easy to pull and handle. so I personally say do that Fractal. once the first part of it is done leave and restart to find that same fractal. In my time there I manage to get 5 T6 totems and other bunch of Mats and vendor trash PLUS the Essence Vial. It was done on level 2. also take some Grawl slaying potions and Food. (magic find,power food whatever works for you)

So like the other posters here have stated it only can be found between 1-10 levels. Good luck to ya and happy huntin’.

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

They only drop in lower fractals – levels 1 through to 10. I have two so far, it is just RNG from mobs.

in party saw drop 1 at maw stage fotm 20 yesterday >.>

Its more common on 1-10 btw
Btw mats can be down or upgraded.
1 shard=3 globs
1 globs=5 vials

if i recall correctly.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Revan.6259

So then, is it possible to jump in a fractal by yourself, and just start killing things in order to farm for the Vials?

in Crafting

Torqueblue.1945

So then, is it possible to jump in a fractal by yourself, and just start killing things in order to farm for the Vials?

yes it is BUT…I’m sure Anet will nerf that too. yes it does go faster with a group, but I’m Very eXtreamly Bitter towards other players. personal issue nothing to share with. just make sure your geared for solo encounters and your good to go.

in Crafting

Revan.6259

Good to know. It would just be nice to be able to go in and kill things to farm for the Vials without having to commit to a full fractals session. I don’t really care about the stats – I just really want a quiver for my ranger

in Crafting

Posted by: Zellax.7821

Zellax.7821

i got mine from lvl 6.
another guy on the party claimed to have gotten 2 from the previous lvl 5 he did.

in Crafting

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

in party saw drop 1 at maw stage fotm 20 yesterday >.>

Its more common on 1-10 btw
Btw mats can be down or upgraded.
1 shard=3 globs
1 globs=5 vials

if i recall correctly.

Downgrading is 1 Shard = 3 Globs, and 1 Glob = 3 Vials. Never tried upgrading.

in Crafting

Revan.6259

For anyone trying to do what I wanted to- that is, farm solo for a vial of condensed mists essence, the swamp fractal was most successful for me. Went in with some magic find food, and just started killing spiders, Mosquitos, and siamoths. Didn’t bother with skelks, since I noticed after killing 10+ that they weren’t dropping ANYTHING. Finally got a vial after about an hour of killing those three things exclusively as a drop from a mosquito.

Happy hunting!

in Crafting

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I stepped in for my first time ever in FotM out of curiosity and killed some Grawl and got one so I guess its really that random.

Whispers with meat.