Weaponsmith 1-400?

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowSong.2316

ShadowSong.2316

Q:

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how much gold you think it would cost to craft 0-400 weaponsmithing assuming I bought nearly everything? Also, what do you think is the best guide to use – there are many, and I don’t really know what’s best.

Thanks so much, and I’m sorry if this topic has been covered, but I did try searching.

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

From my experience, most 0-400 that I’ve done including weaponsmithing requires around 30-40g if you buy everything. Do not be lazy and just craft one thing to level up, craft various things to lead to another so you can do “discovery” and get a lot more crafting xp. If you do everything except discovery, you’ll go as far as probably 350 and you need to go back, remake sword hilts and etc and inscriptions that go with them which will be a heavy gold sink if you didn’t keep what you made from the start / make various things.

Tips:
-Turn logs into planks.
-Use those planks to make weapons parts equal to the # of inscriptions.
-Check the prices of mats to make inscriptions. If they exceed the price of the inscriptions themselves, then just buy the inscriptions instead of making them. (Generally inscriptions tend to be cheaper bought straight up because people have surpluses and put them on the tp)
- At each tier of crafting, discover all the weapon types and don’t forget about the 2nd set of inscriptions for each tier. (Not sure if there is one for the first tier) but usually there is a inscription and then a plated inscription to go along with it.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Invest in a crafting booster! If you are decently fast and chug away crafting for an hour, the booster should cover you for the 0-400 trip.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Here’s the guide I would use:

http://www.guildwars2-crafting.com/crafting-guides/weaponsmith/

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: Colbear.6425

Colbear.6425

Before the bot bannings, you were looking at a net loss of 2-4g, with a higher amount of gold you’d have to spend as an investment (which you’d get back by selling mats).

Right now, fine mat prices are up so crafting’s more expensive, and idk how much you can make off it.

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I used http://www.gw2wiz.com/index.php/cg1400menu/weaponsmith-1-400 Last week buying almost all ingredients for a friend took about 5-6 gold/craft(except jewellery and cooking, i farmed most of those).

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zoris.5870

Zoris.5870

It cost 5g to get from 1-375.

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

I passed 5g over to my alt to lvl weaponsmithing, and had 2.5g left over at the end. I will note that I bottomed out close to 1g, but I did a great deal of the leveling by discovering rares. I then sold those rares at the TP to keep fueling the process. By discovering rares you A) reduce the total base mats you need to level, B ) result in an end product you can sell for closer to break even, if not a small margin of profit.

I don’t know what guides people are using, most that I have seen are ‘simple’ rather than ‘efficient.’

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: Daulnay.4971

Daulnay.4971

Oi, you can level up on less than a gold, but using a bunch of karma (for rare recipes), like CassieGold said. And maybe even make money (I did). However, it will take effort and time, because you must watch the markets, and figure out the lowest costs (which change).

A few tips:
Always buy with an offer, rather than at the sellers’ price. Have patience, offers take time to get filled.

Many intermediate parts sell for much less than they cost to manufacture, because they’re quick and comparatively cheap to level up on. Use those instead of making your own parts for discovery.

A good part of your levelling can be made discovering rares. Those are what drive the prices for fine drops (claws, fangs, blood, etc), and the rares sell for over or near manufacturing costs. If you watch markets closely, you can even find quite profitable ones (but you have to get in before the market-watching bots update and everyone floods in when the results show up on their websites).

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: Homitu.7216

Homitu.7216

It’s essentially free if you have the mats farmed and if you buy insignias/inscriptions at a good price on the TP. At least that was my experience with the 4 characters I leveled, taking 2 professions on each of them as I leveled. If anything, I’d say I might have sunk a little under 1g for each character (so 50s per profession net loss).

If you were to just buy absolutely everything, I’d guess around 4-5g. If you sell the yellows you make from 375-400 instead of using them, you can make back a solid 50s profit.

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: Stinkehund.3012

Stinkehund.3012

Assuming you just want to level up and not discover every recipe, you can make it to 400 with about 5 gold or so.
Even less if you get a crafting-xp booster, stick to just the cheaper Fine Materials and buy the recipes for the rare weapons with karma, then sell those on the TP.

If you were to just buy absolutely everything, I’d guess around 4-5g. If you sell the yellows you make from 375-400 instead of using them, you can make back a solid 50s profit.

Or, if you’re feeling lucky, you can try to salvage them for ectoplasm and sell that.

Weaponsmith 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

(note that Tier 1 (1-75 ) and Tier 6 ( 300 -400 ) are slightly different.
1. Refinfing your metal and wood should net you the first 25 skill ups on the level.
2. Crafting all the parts you need will get you additional crafting levels. Craft 4 sets of parts for 6 different weapons.
3. Craft 2 different sets of inscriptions.
4. Discover the first set of weapons with inscription A. Discover the second set of weapons with inscription B.
5. You should now be able to craft the next inscription set. Craft 2 different sets of inscriptions.
6. Discover the first set of weapons with indignia C. Discover the final set of weapons with inscription D.

You can also craft the RARE set once it become available to you. 1 set of rare weapons (6) will get you 25 skill points (+ a few extra)

The rares sell pretty well. Requires some upfront cash, but you should be able to brake even with them.