Weaponsmiths-How are you doing it? How to profit?

in Crafting

Posted by: Evagal.2584

Evagal.2584

Hello everyone. I just hit level 70 and my Weaponsmithing is currently “stuck” at 295.(I need to go farm more of the “8” monster materials to progress)

However I’m noticing a pretty big problem. When I got to 225, I could finally use all the platinum I mined. The problem is…it’s 4s for 10 primidoium (or whatever its called,i need it to smelt raw platinum into darksteel ingots)..and i’m basically losing money now.

The weapons im able to make vendor for about 1s 20c? And they do not sell on the TP at all..
So i’m losing money to level up the craft even though i’m farming all the materials because of the vendor item.

Do weapon smiths profit anywere? Any tips?
Thanks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Soylent.4197

Soylent.4197

Every profession has this problem.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aimeryan.1247

Aimeryan.1247

Until you can sell products on the trading post for cost or even profit it is impossible. Right now, I believe the problem is in how many products are on the trading post, i.e. the supply massively outstrips the demand.

Why does the supply outstrip the demand? And why do people keep making things that are already in massive supply? Because they are forced to to level up the craft. They are forced to make so many of them that there is bound to be such a huge supply.

Make products give double or even triple crafting experience and watch that supply fall to reasonable levels – although it may take a while.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lydiaele.9417

Lydiaele.9417

Is there a time limit on items posted to sell on the TP? There should be. If they fell off after a week the sellers would give up and vendor them, then the market would correct itself. Perhaps they should charge a scaleable fee depending on the length of time the seller wants to list his item.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

Problem is the market is flooded with dropped weapons which have no cost associated with them so people earning near vendor prices while putting them up on the market while exploring and not near vendors makes it convenient.

There would probably be less weapons for sale if they had to go to a trading post to list them.

Another problem is to level up you need to discover and you make a lot of weapons with stats which are not appealing.

I wouldn’t recommend crafting to make money given that the raw materials sell for around the cost of a finished item at level 80 for most desirable exotics. It would be less painful just to farm and sell the raw materials and just buy whatever finished product you wanted from the TP.

However, if you want it for the convenience of making stuff for alts or have a burning desire to make a legendary and are confident you wont kill yourself grinding through the process then it can have some appeal other than just making money.

(edited by Vim.7318)

in Crafting

Posted by: NixZero.7540

NixZero.7540

Until you can sell products on the trading post for cost or even profit it is impossible. Right now, I believe the problem is in how many products are on the trading post, i.e. the supply massively outstrips the demand.

Why does the supply outstrip the demand? And why do people keep making things that are already in massive supply? Because they are forced to to level up the craft. They are forced to make so many of them that there is bound to be such a huge supply.

Make products give double or even triple crafting experience and watch that supply fall to reasonable levels – although it may take a while.

wrong, the game crafting value deflation comes from having too many “good enough” drops (blue and green), too little money that dont comes from items that can be broken in crafting component and too good exp by crafting.
if people started dropping mostly gray items (changed so they would be worth as blue/green are now at the merchant) and crafting would give less exp, you would see only (well, mostly) people that actually craft to make money and know the worth of what they build selling stuff in the AH.
btw when do you need to craft more than a few already discovered items to level?
you level 80% by discovery and 19% from basic material refining when you climb to the next material level, only 1% or so you need to do repetitive recipes.

(edited by NixZero.7540)

in Crafting

Posted by: Overunity.4273

Overunity.4273

What I did to make money while crafting is I collected the wood and ore and bought most of the vials of blood or which ever you need .
I bought a rare recipe from the crafting vendor ,in my case I found beserker weapons sold well ,strong items to even after buying the bloods I could turn a small profit to help level me and any blood drops made it more profitable .

We just want to have fun

in Crafting

Posted by: Hux.8739

Hux.8739

Why does every solo crafter think they can compete with Walmart? You have guild crafters that are supported by their guilds and crafting is pretty much their main focus. The guild is supplying them mats and they can afford to take loses to hold a market. The money is always in the epic items and that market is already going to be hard to bust in to.
Please stop competing with walmart and just sell them your materials.

Huxer(EC) Economic Collapse
Asura Warrior
BlackGate

in Crafting

Posted by: Maxster.4521

Maxster.4521

The guild is supplying them mats and they can afford to take loses to hold a market. The money is always in the epic items and that market is already going to be hard to bust in to.

So, they are just rob guildies for mats, to sell items for less value than materials for those items, and call that a profit?

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Actually it’s rather funny. There is an overabundance of gear on TP but crafting materials to make them are relatively more expensive. Thus if crafting chances/exp/success/whatever is lowered in hopes of reducing the amount of gear on TP, the crafting mats will drastically be more expensive. In the end, hardly anyone will craft and prices will continue to go up. IMO, it’s better to have little to no profits in crafting when everyone can have access to “decent” gear than having to farm so much just to get a decent piece. I mean, it’s bad you don’t profit, but ultimately, you’re helping other people get a good experience in playing/leveling. Of course, this doesn’t necessarily apply to end-game items.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

To make money, you craft stuff not easily obtained elsewhere.