What is the cooldown pattern for ascended?

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Q:

Anyone know what triggers the different cooldown amounts?

The Mithrillium c/d changes — sometimes it’s 11.5 hours, sometimes it’s 23.5 hours.

I received the 23.5 hr c/d after my second crafting in a single day (8AM and 8PM) — which then forced my next crafting to 8PM the following day.

Is there yet another cooldown value I haven’t hit yet? Maybe 48 hrs if you craft too many in one week?

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

A:

It resets at game reset time – 1700 hrs PST. Depending on where you live in the world you could easily do two days worth in one short gaming session if 1700 hrs PST resets while you are playing.

edit: to add PST is GMT – 8, PDT is GMT -7.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

(edited by Ferguson.2157)

in Crafting

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

What he said. It does not reset 24h from when you clicked it the last time – it resets at the same time every day, and you can click it only once within a 24h period from reset to reset. Your example of 23.5h to next reset means that you clicked it right after (30 min after) the reset, that’s why you managed two crafts in one calendar day (the other, first, craft was before that reset).

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Oh that makes total sense. It was merely coincidence that I happened to do my crafting on 12hr multiples of the server reset (8PM for me) — too funny.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: levelmakerguru.7210

levelmakerguru.7210

So tell me, what is the point to this cool down, to wait 12+ hours before you can do another one, too me this is A-Nets way of making the game boring and don’t want to craft anymore.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Contrary to original expectations, the time gate turned out to be the least of the problems tied to ascended weapons. Don’t concentrate on it – all the other ones are much, much bigger.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November