What is wrong with extos and Vicious fangs?

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

I am almost at the end of creating my legendary. Most expencive things i need are 184 ectos and 234 Vicious fangs. But price of those increased for more then 10s per each in this week.
What is wrong? :-D Is it becouse of pavillion and event? Do you think the price will stabilize on 16-18s per each again when event ends? It is quite frustrating that i need only those two things but its prise increased so rapidly in few days :-D

in Crafting

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

Ectos did not increase by 10silver.

Ecto trend, according to http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19721

August 11th: 18s 80c per highest buy order
August 18th: 22s 67c per highest buy order

Please don’t exaggerate.

But to answer your question, less rares from world bosses being salvaged would be my guess as to why ectos are jumping. People farming world bosses moved on to more lucrative farms, getting more cash.

TLDR:
More cash to spend + a supply that’s not keeping up = rising price.

Attachments:

in Crafting

daros.3407

Ecto trend, according to http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19721

August 11th: 18s 80c per highest buy order
August 18th: 22s 67c per highest buy order

Please don’t exaggerate.

But to answer your question, less rares from world bosses being salvaged would be my guess as to why ectos are jumping. People farming world bosses moved on to more lucrative farms, getting more cash.

TLDR:
More cash to spend + a supply that’s not keeping up = rising price.

Thanks for this. And about ectos, before 11th you could get it even fo 15 with order and when i looked last time it was 23s so it is realy almost 10s. I overrated price increase but it was not my intention i just round off the number. Round 8 to 10 is not exaggerating :-)

(edited by daros.3407)

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

One thing possible. People are hoarding mats in anticipation of the new ascended armor and weapons that are supposed to be out this year. I stopped selling my mats and told my guildies to do the same.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Ecto price increased directly due to gold inflation from farming events.
Ecto price increased due to massive speculation that tomorrow’s patch is a big one, and would include lvl 500 crafting.

Vicious Fang price on the other hand I would bet is largely as a result of inflation.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

One thing possible. People are hoarding mats in anticipation of the new ascended armor and weapons that are supposed to be out this year. I stopped selling my mats and told my guildies to do the same.

Likely possiblity is that people are crafting their legendaries now since people can acquire gold easily with this patch.

in Crafting

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Simple supply and demand at work here.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Crafting

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Why dont you just farm the pavillion, vicious fangs and rares drop like crazy

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Vicious Fangs have not moved much in price. They had their price crash hard right after the previous patch (along with all other T6 materials) but their value has since stabilized back to where it was a month ago. Only claws are still down, almost certainly due to the pavilion farm.

Ectos have surged a bit, presumably because there are fewer cheap rares being generated by world events as players shift from those to the pavilion or various champion trains that generate far fewer rares.

in Crafting

daros.3407

Please don’t exaggerate.

Just want to clarify. Today it is 28 silver for 1 ecto…Yes i really exaggarated……..:-D

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Please don’t exaggerate.

Just want to clarify. Today it is 28 silver for 1 ecto…Yes i really exaggarated……..:-D

Note – you cannot base your counter argument on exaggeration when the initial comment was made 10 days ago. It applied only then, not now.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Market speculation and everyone making legendaries is kittening up the market.

My advice: farm ALL of the world bosses each day for a week and salvage them, you should be able to get most of your ectos that way, and for free.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

SOMETIME LAST WEEK: Ectos did not increase by 10silver.

lol hindsight is so much fun.

Meanwhile I just unloaded a stack of ’em for 28 silver making it exactly 10s more…
And 12 days ago, I was already predicting that Ectos were completely undervalued.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Crafting

daros.3407

Please don’t exaggerate.

Note – you cannot base your counter argument on exaggeration when the initial comment was made 10 days ago. It applied only then, not now.

Even then it was not exaggerating. I just wanted to say the situation is much worse then it was 10 days ago. Now ectos are almost….ALMOST……twice expensive than it was before.

in Crafting

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The reason ectos have risen is because no one is doing the world events. Everyone is farming the invasions where very few rares drop.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Few rares drop… are we doing the same events? ’Cause I get probably 3-5 yellow drops per invasion + whatever falls out of the champ boxes.

Mind you, ranger Axe button #1 is a mob tapping machine.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

The reason ectos have risen is because no one is doing the world events. Everyone is farming the invasions where very few rares drop.

Sorry, but that’s completely false. Ectos are rising in price because everyone is speculating their use in the next update. I get way more rares farming invasions than world boss events.

They have also increased because the demand on rares for forging has increase due to the spike in precursor prices.

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

^Sorry but your completely false claim is completely false.^
Also you’re a TinFoil Hatter for blaming everything on “Evil Manipulators”

Cause I get probably 3-5 yellow drops per invasion

Most obvious exaggeration I’ve ever heard. Maybe you’ll get that many in the first hour with really high MF% boost until D.R. kicks in. Then the rest of the day you get crap unless you’re popping world chests (which no one is anymore).

It’s most definitely the lack of D.E. participation behind it.
I’m not a betting man, but as I just said, I DID bet on this, and it payed off

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

I have know idea what you’re talking about ilr. Just like Nike implied, I’m getting more rates doing invasions. And no, DR doesn’t kick in when you map all over Tyria to farm invasions. Seriously, are we playing the same game. People are farming invasions like mad and all I see in the chat windows are people pinging all the exotics/rares that drop.

And you’re denying that material prices spiked because of the recent announcement about next Tuesday’s update? There’s no tin-foil involved; it’sa fact people are hoarding everything right now. The base materials for crafting rare weapons increase, ectos will follow…they are tied to one another and share the same market reactions. Do I need to pull up the basic market numbers to prove this point? Seems unnecessary…

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I have know idea what you’re talking about ilr. Just like Nike implied, I’m getting more rates doing invasions. And no, DR doesn’t kick in when you map all over Tyria to farm invasions. Seriously, are we playing the same game. People are farming invasions like mad and all I see in the chat windows are people pinging all the exotics/rares that drop.

And you’re denying that material prices spiked because of the recent announcement about next Tuesday’s update? There’s no tin-foil involved; it’sa fact people are hoarding everything right now. The base materials for crafting rare weapons increase, ectos will follow…they are tied to one another and share the same market reactions. Do I need to pull up the basic market numbers to prove this point? Seems unnecessary…

Don’t bother with ilr. He might be right sometimes but most of the time he is wrong and generally full of misinformation and hyperbole.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Ectos did spike due to the following:

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2844578

Everything else can be explained as players currently have more money this was on purpose and expected. This was done in preparation for the coming(If not already started equilibrium) shift.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Crafting

Posted by: Avatara.1042

^Sorry but your completely false claim is completely false.^
Also you’re a TinFoil Hatter for blaming everything on “Evil Manipulators”

Cause I get probably 3-5 yellow drops per invasion

Most obvious exaggeration I’ve ever heard. Maybe you’ll get that many in the first hour with really high MF% boost until D.R. kicks in. Then the rest of the day you get crap unless you’re popping world chests (which no one is anymore).

It’s most definitely the lack of D.E. participation behind it.
I’m not a betting man, but as I just said, I DID bet on this, and it payed off

There is no DR when you travel from zone to zone, and the number of rares dropped has most likely increased due to the invasions and number of people participating. Ectos clearly increased in price due to people hoarding for T7.

in Crafting

Posted by: Avatara.1042

SOMETIME LAST WEEK: Ectos did not increase by 10silver.

lol hindsight is so much fun.

Meanwhile I just unloaded a stack of ’em for 28 silver making it exactly 10s more…
And 12 days ago, I was already predicting that Ectos were completely undervalued.

They are 39 silver now. You unloaded prematurely.

in Crafting

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

after boxes and such I net 2-4 rares per invasion. sometimes a few more, but I have yet to get less than 2 rares per invasion.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Most obvious exaggeration I’ve ever heard. Maybe you’ll get that many in the first hour with really high MF% boost until D.R. kicks in.

Um… Statement of fact. I’m getting rares steadily during invasions, and I don’t mean those stupid Queen’s Gauntlet tickets, either. I’ve been having to mystic forge the runes heavily because the yellow ones were flooding my bank space. I’m sitting on about 540 Ectos ATM, and I rarely ever buy them.

I typically run magic find in the teens percent. I’m just really good at tapping EVERYTHING. When you’re pulling down 6-8 champ bags per Aetherblade event, you have to expect some other loot to fall along the way .

And to be honest I haven’t seen DR kick in on me since about February.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Most obvious exaggeration I’ve ever heard. Maybe you’ll get that many in the first hour with really high MF% boost until D.R. kicks in.

Um… Statement of fact. I’m getting rares steadily during invasions, and I don’t mean those stupid Queen’s Gauntlet tickets, either. I’ve been having to mystic forge the runes heavily because the yellow ones were flooding my bank space. I’m sitting on about 540 Ectos ATM, and I rarely ever buy them.

I typically run magic find in the teens percent. I’m just really good at tapping EVERYTHING. When you’re pulling down 6-8 champ bags per Aetherblade event, you have to expect some other loot to fall along the way .

And to be honest I haven’t seen DR kick in on me since about February.

That’s a great thing – these invasion events are DR free. Even though they are the same mobs, they are from different zones.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/