What kind of gain should I expect from a crafting booster?

in Crafting

Posted by: Xyrm.5602

Xyrm.5602

I’m planning on powering my alt from level 40 to level 80 via crafting my last 4 professions, but I have plenty of experience boosters (8). Anyone know with some reasonable certainty how much extra exp I would get? For example, can I expect 12 levels per completed profession instead of 10?

My Stealthy Thief:

http://tinyurl.com/adjw3ww

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Crafting boosters make the crafting leveling go faster, not your character leveling. You still get 10 levels from 1-400.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

In my experience using a discovery guide it made it about 5 items cheaper on the backend which are the most expensive ones.

in Crafting

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’m not 100% sure if they actually do stack, but I’ve found it incredibly effective to use a crafting booster at times when the WvWvW artisan bonus was at 20%.

Under those boosts, I could finish tiers incredibly cheap, hardly needing anything other than discovering full gear sets for my own characters and some miscellaneous side discoveries (runes/sigils/bags/potions/etc.)

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Crafting boosters make the crafting leveling go faster, not your character leveling. You still get 10 levels from 1-400.

Are you sure about that? Used one but I didn’t feel like my crafting level was going any faster than without. When I looked at my tab with the history of character exp gain from crafting those seem to be randomly boosted.

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Yes I did 1-400 artificing a few days ago under a booster and got 10 levels exactly. The crafting booster increases the chance of critical success which just gives you double the crafting xp.

[SFD] – Maguuma