What's going to be the next linen.

in Crafting

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

I bet platinum is going to sky rocket when ascended jewelry crafting get’s introduced.

Any thoughts ?

in Crafting

Posted by: murven.7581

murven.7581

both silver and gold are already going up, up up… mostly because of speculation.

but my question still is: what is the point in introducing craftable ascended jewels when it is already too easy to get ascended items with laurels?

Even when I love crafting jewels I see no point in leveling this craft.

in Crafting

Arnon.1563

Even cheaper with guild comms and WvW badges.

If it’s close to the crazy prices of he other ascended gear there will not be a reason to do it. Unless they do something drastic to separate it from the others.

in Crafting

murven.7581

If it’s close to the crazy prices of he other ascended gear there will not be a reason to do it. Unless they do something drastic to separate it from the others.

Exactly!

I doubt we will see ascended jewel crafting in the next patch. We are more likely to see ascended food items.

in Crafting

Arnon.1563

Ascended food sounds more useless that jewelry. What are they going to do ? Dyes and permanent food buffs ? Ascended mango pie ?

Dyes that are like sylvari glow ? Ok that’s kinda cool. I might actually make that.

That would require a complete armor reworking though.

in Crafting

murven.7581

There are many things they can do, but my point is that at least there is no other way to get those items than crafting, which makes it better as an option to level a craft compared to jewelcrafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

I bet platinum is going to sky rocket when ascended jewelry crafting get’s introduced.

Any thoughts ?

no

it will not be “linen” all over again

Jeweller patch will be more like Weapon,Armor patch for Deldrimor Steel – Metals had always high supply and are easy to farm. Some people buy now and rise the price cause the patches before hype this – but it will be no “Linen” again.

Just check Spidy weeks/months ago was silver 20c something – now its 5x this cause of speculation and it will go higher BUT you can lose all your money too – supply is way to high for silver or platinum and ever was – price now is made by speculators and you can lose everything when they sell back what they buyd on 20 copper

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Platinum ore would be a bad investment.

Linen price rose to what it was because it was difficult to farm. They only come from certain maps and it was more efficient to have a character in that level range to farm.

All ores can be farmed/mined. Platinum ore, especially, can be farmed since there are two locations in the world that can have two rich plat nodes within a 30 second run from one another. That’s 40 rich platinum ore in less than 3 minutes. Per character. I have 6 lvl 80s. That’s 240 ores in less than 30 minutes.

If platinum ore initially rises to some absurd amount, such as 7s per ore, then people will go out and farm nodes, pushing supply down.

If you want to consider the next ‘linen’, then go look at leathers.

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

You know Vol, while you and others were shouting gossamer I had stocked up on almost every cloth except gossamer. I had about 20k linen bolts, for example. People said I was silly.

I think platinum is going to be the next linen. Not as bad, still the highest one of the 4. Deldrimor ingots also need platinum. But the peculiar thing that makes platinum so special is that it is refined into 2 components, one for ascended weapons (dark steel ingots) and another for ascended jewelry (platinum ingots, presumably). Other than that, the ore pack does not contain a platinum node.

So yea, gathering platinum is easy. But so is silk. Anyway, personally I already have 25 stacks of silver ore from when it was 21 copper each. Same with gold ore.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

in Crafting

Arnon.1563

Your points are very valid. If it’s not plat I really don’t see another linen. I have a 400 jewel craft char and don’t recall any usage of leather in that or food. So they’d have to add another base mat to each or dramatically decrease leather drop rates. Which they might.

However I wonder if they take into effect how this effects new chars and their ability to craft armor that is useful. I used to make armor for my alts as I leveled them up “rares” Now it isn’t worth the cost. Easier to save the cash and buy stuff with WvW badges etc..

in Crafting

Buttercup.5871

If you’re dead-set on investing in leather it’s way better to invest in the one item that already contains heaps of leather (saving inventory space). You know, the only useful leather item which additionally contains time gated mats. Yea. Elonian squares. Way easier if investing in leather is really your thing.

in Crafting

Vol.7601

You know Vol, while you and others were shouting gossamer I had stocked up on almost every cloth except gossamer. I had about 20k linen bolts, for example. People said I was silly.

I think platinum is going to be the next linen. Not as bad, still the highest one of the 4. Deldrimor ingots also need platinum. But the peculiar thing that makes platinum so special is that it is refined into 2 components, one for ascended weapons (dark steel ingots) and another for ascended jewelry (platinum ingots, presumably). Other than that, the ore pack does not contain a platinum node.

So yea, gathering platinum is easy. But so is silk. Anyway, personally I already have 25 stacks of silver ore from when it was 21 copper each. Same with gold ore.

Silk is not easy to gather unless you constantly do events. The most I can comfortably farm in one day is 2 stacks. And I’m sure the silk requirements were made so as to correct it’s market and price. Platinum ore doesn’t really need a correction since it has good enough value right now, so it’s possible they won’t make the requirements as mush as silk. Of course, that doesn’t mean the price will spike up come patch day – but can it sustain it for weeks?

in Crafting

Vol.7601

If you’re dead-set on investing in leather it’s way better to invest in the one item that already contains heaps of leather (saving inventory space). You know, the only useful leather item which additionally contains time gated mats. Yea. Elonian squares. Way easier if investing in leather is really your thing.

That’s assuming that any future crafting recipes require the end result of elonian squares. If this were months back, it’s like suggesting everyone to invest in Gossamer Bolts since they are the end result for that mat tier.

I strongly do not recommend making the refined ascended component. At the least you should have the time-gated component (Spool/Lump). At the most you should have the time-gated component and the refined materials that would make the ascended crafting item, but do not make it.

in Crafting

Buttercup.5871

That’s assuming that any future crafting recipes require the end result of elonian squares. If this were months back, it’s like suggesting everyone to invest in Gossamer Bolts since they are the end result for that mat tier.

I strongly do not recommend making the refined ascended component. At the least you should have the time-gated component (Spool/Lump). At the most you should have the time-gated component and the refined materials that would make the ascended crafting item, but do not make it.

I’m not saying make it; I’m saying buy it. And if the subcomponent (leather) shoots up, so will the final product in the end.

And regarding platinum: even though I think it is what I said it is, I won’t recommend anyone buying it. First because it’s just guessing; all of this is. Second, the more people stock up in advance, the harder the price falls. It’s not in my interest if people follow my advice.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

in Crafting

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

both silver and gold are already going up, up up… mostly because of speculation.

I wouldn’t even call it speculation. The xunlai electrum description at GW2 database basically says “refined from silver, gold and platinum”.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They could make infusions craftable via jewelcrafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I’m thinking … dust.

in Crafting

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

being able to craft Amulets would be really nice. Laurels is the only way to obtain these currently, it’s a slow process and I’ve got tons of uses for laurels other than off sets and Alts.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I’m thinking … dust.

Since i am done now with selling all my cloth and stocked up on jewels and ores months ago, i started stocking up on dust, t2-5.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.