What the quartz?

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Comon guys… u make a mistake on charged quartz:

1. players start using their charged quartz because it’s dropping like candy. It’s great to help level crafting to 500.
2. Quartz on the TP drops in price

Now you “fix” it without warning and:

1. Everyone who used their charged quartz to level is screwed because they blew 60 days worth of materials with the expectation that more is available via drops
2. Quartz triples in price on the TP

So not only did I blow a couple months of time-gated charged quartz, but it will cost me triple just to restock the regular quartz to recoup my losses.

… nice …

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

why in gods name would you use charged quartz to lvl crafting if you need it to craft celestial ascended armor? Certainly not to the point where you gotta go back to TP and buy more and start charging again lol. Supposed to use all those other t6 mats you should have been saving since ascended weapon crafting came out knowing armor was on the way.

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

It happens. Changes happen. I’d also have saved the limited stuff(only craftable once per day if you craft) and use other stuff to craft even if it was more expensive.

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

We cant have nice stuff anymore.

You have to work hard for your equipment: AKA wait 1 month to charge 30 quartz stones.
gotta love timegated content didn’t we.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

why in gods name would you use charged quartz to lvl crafting if you need it to craft celestial ascended armor? Certainly not to the point where you gotta go back to TP and buy more and start charging again lol. Supposed to use all those other t6 mats you should have been saving since ascended weapon crafting came out knowing armor was on the way.

This was exactly my approach, however I had been getting lots of charged quartz from the gifts (which are around for weeks still). So it became the most cost-effective method to level tailor (free charged quartz vs. 40s T6 mats).

I’m mostly mad at myself for violating my own conservative nature, however it was in the interest of cost-efficiency.

I should have predicted that the charged quartz was a bug — hindsight is 20/20.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I wish I could give the crystals away to people like you. Having 150 of them with no purpose apart from making and salvaging is useless to me. It sucks that they didn’t say on the forums “this is a bug, we will be fixing it soon” so that y’all could have known. But anet doesn’t like to communicate.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’ve often thought that a method to “gift” account bound items to another account (not sell) would be a great idea, but I guess it has too much potential to be abused to bypass the TP. I guess this would also loose some Gem Store sales, so it’s never going to happen.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

i got around 300 charged Quartz and haven no use for them .. i already made my insignias ready to turn them into Ascended.

I only got so many charged Quartz because i wanted the imperial fragments from the Giant Gifts

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Lesson is never use what you will need, only use the excess

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d been thinking of using the Charged Quartz to level up past 400+ too. Ah well. At least I still have 78 Charged Quartz in my bank, and by the time I’m ready to started levelling past 400 I SHOULD have enough to craft 1 suit of Exotic armor on each profession and a few weapons.

What the quartz?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I should have predicted that the charged quartz was a bug — hindsight is 20/20.

Yeah. I’m happy I went against my usual pattern of sell all containers on patch day, and actually went so far as to buy more of them off the tp just so I could open them… Not for the quartz, just cause. Got 22 charged quartz plus both recipes and a bell (which I stupidly sold for way less than I should have but whatev). I didn’t use it to level but was (very) disappointed when I read the patch notes, would like way more quartz for leveling/equipping alts with celestial (yeah okay I know it’s bad but I love the idea of it so much anyway and think it would be fun to play with and now I can’t test it out basically for free. )