What to salvage & what kit to use?

in Crafting

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

Hi,

I mostly vendor the white/blue/green stuff i loot from Orr and list the yellows on the TP.
But is it better to salvage everything light/heavy for a chanse of T6 material? If so, does it matter what kit you use?

The mystic/master salvage kits got 25% of rare material, does this only work for ectos or does this also increas the chanse to get T6 materials? or are you better off using crude kits for the whites? Does this also affect the “salvageble items”?

Alos the yellows. Most of them go for ~20s on the TP, about the same price as one ecto. Would you be better off just taking the silver, or gambling for +2 ectos and some T6 material?

Whats your way of dealing with the loot you get?

Also posted on Gw2guru: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/69031-what-to-salvage-what-kit-to-use/

FSP

in Crafting

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

I can tell you definitively that the “rarer materials” does not apply to Basic-rarity salvage. For example, you’ll get just as much gossamer compared to silk with the cheapest salvage kit as you will with the most expensive. Stick to crude kits for this. Use your nice kits for valuable sigils / upgrade components.

I don’t know whether the “rarer materials” applies to ectos, as I’m not quite wealthy enough or high enough level to test that. I’d hope so, but what do I know?

I don’t know what average drop rates people are getting with ectos. If the market has stabilized at about 1 yellow = 1 ecto, then that’s a pretty convincing sign that the drop rate averages out to 1. You could try your luck and hope to get 2-3, or you could play it safe and put the yellow on the trade post. In the long term, your results will be pretty equivalent and I’d do whichever sold faster (likely the ectos).

As to whether you should salvage whites or not, you’ll have to check the trade post. If there are large volumes of whites up there, I’d salvage them myself. If there aren’t, you can probably get a better result by posting them than vendoring them. For low level materials, blues are almost always better to vendor but greens with nice stats are sometimes worthwhile to post on the TP. I’d assume that the market is saturated with greens at 80 and you should vendor them, but I’m not in that market yet.

in Crafting

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

i salvage blues,throw greens in mystic forge,salvage rares and sell exotics

in Crafting

Posted by: Suddle D.9412

Suddle D.9412

Use the Black Lion Salvage kit on the Rares for a better chance at more Ecto’s. That’s what I have found to work best. The rest I just use the generic salvage kit on.

in Crafting

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

So does everyone use crude kits or the medium ones?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ghoest.3945

Ghoest.3945

Use crude or basic. I use basic kits because they take up less space – the cost difference isnt a big deal.
But you should only be salvaging “salvage materials” you should sell back whites blues and greens to the vendor – with the possible exception of some lower level cloths.

Use the expensive kit anytime you want the rune.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nukum.4502

Nukum.4502

I use the basic salvage kits simply because they come in larger stacks than crude kits.

in Crafting

Posted by: Baro.3549

Baro.3549

i salvage blues,throw greens in mystic forge,salvage rares and sell exotics

Can I ask why? Have been wondering about this for a while…

in Crafting

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I salvage whites for basic materials using crude salvage kits. I have plenty of bag space, so cheapest is best.

Sell blues as the price they sell for, you can buy mats off the Trading Post 10 times over than what you’d get from salvaging.

I usually sell greens. But lately trying to throw them into the mystic forge for a chance to forge a rare. No luck so far.

Rares. Always salvage with a black lion salvage kit. I usually get ectos, but not always.