Where are the T6 mats?

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: jayshirley.5027

jayshirley.5027

I have been level 80 with my Ele for about 4 weeks now. Most nights I play for about 2 hours or so. Do World Bosses, Temple Events in Orr, and Farm champ trains in Orr and Frostgorge. Most nights I end up with 10-15 champ bags, though quite a few its 20-30.

In all that time I have found 4 TOTAL Vials of Powerful blood. And 4 or less of each of the other T6 mats. In the meantime I have 900 powders, about 600 dragonite ore etc…

I played GW2 before the account bound magic find stat. When I came back a few months ago I took my Ele from 37 to 80 and leveled an alt to 46. That has left me with about 64% magic find without buffs.

Is low magic find the problem? Are the mats THAT rare that I should expect to get like 5 a month? I have tried farming recommended areas such as Frost Trolls in Frostgorge with MF food active and still no luck…

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

RNG is RNG. But overall, trying to farm for T6 mats is gonna be slower than just farming for gold and buying the mats or farming T5 mats and promoting them yourself. Buying T5 mats and promoting them is going to be about the same as just buying T6 mats in the end since everyone knows that this used to be profitable so now the profit in it is gone or so small its not worth the time it takes.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

As stated farming directly for mats is challenging. You are better off farming for the Heavy bags that will give you the materials you want. Or, do your preferred activity to earn gold and either buy the bags or the materials directly. Collecting them straight from the wild is probably the slowest possible method.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Magic find only affects direct drops, not bags. From 10-15 champ bags I wouldn’t expect to get so many t6 items, maybe only a couple.

The times I would expect to pick up t6 items from what you are doing are during the temple events in Orr. In particular defend the second beacon for Melandru, and the bit just after the risen priest of Grenth is killed. Use aoe to get as many tags as you can and you will hopefully get a lot of Heavy Mouldy Bags, which drop t6 at a high rate.

If you are trying to farm a specific type of t6 item it can be worth doing with a magic find of 200 (using whatever boosts you need to get that high). Otherwise, go for bags in Orr.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

1 laurel = 1 heavy crafting bag at the laurel vendor. Each heavy crafting bag has 3 t6 crafting materials in it. That’s typically where I get mine since I don’t have the time to go out and farm for them.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Dry Top seems to be giving them more than other zones. I believe I got the majority of mine from Heavy Crafting Bag, though, I’ve never farmed.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Crafting_Bag

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I get mine from champ bags, I mean a champ bag is going to drop either a t5 or t6 mat, I usually get a t6 around 1 in 5 bags granted often it’ll be something like ori or other easily acquired mat but champ bags drop like candy with how I play (eotm, champ trains, dungeons) so it tends to build up fairly quickly. After about 3 weeks I have around 40 each t6 and I tend to only play an hour or so weekdays and 4 or so weekends.-

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

For Powerful Blood, you can go to Southsun Cove and farm either Karka or Skelk. Both have pretty good droprates on blood.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

1 laurel = 1 heavy crafting bag at the laurel vendor. Each heavy crafting bag has 3 t6 crafting materials in it. That’s typically where I get mine since I don’t have the time to go out and farm for them.

I was doing that myself when I first started out, but the amount you get from each bag is low it seems there are far better uses for your Laurels.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

It depends on which t6 you are looking for. I prefer to farm as much as I can for t6 rather then buy, as it helps keep prices down. Skelk in frostgorge and southsun are much better for bloods than trolls. Venom sacs are very plentiful on cave spiders in wvw home bl, but with the tournament coming I would recommend against it for now. Skritt are awesome for scales and bones. Risen spiders for crystalline dust, and ice brood colossus and wolves for claws and fangs.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Skelk in frostgorge and southsun are much better for bloods than trolls.

and ice brood colossus and wolves for claws and fangs.

Skelks drop blood, claws and fangs .. the same as Arctodus.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Many forget the initial question from OP. To answer it: yes the drop rate is terribly low. It’s nearly impossible to farm it the way you used to farm stuff in other games. I have magic find 200+ and get about one armored scale for killing 20-30 sharks in Southsun Cove. It is one of the big fails in this game: just run dungeons or flip the TP to earn gold and buy it off of the TP (with buy orders ofc).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Many forget the initial question from OP. To answer it: yes the drop rate is terribly low. It’s nearly impossible to farm it the way you used to farm stuff in other games. I have magic find 200+ and get about one armored scale for killing 20-30 sharks in Southsun Cove. It is one of the big fails in this game: just run dungeons or flip the TP to earn gold and buy it off of the TP (with buy orders ofc).

Really? I kill them almost on a daily basis because I want to max the underwater weapon kills. After 30 sharks I always have at least 2 scales. And it’s not like it takes a huge amount of time to kill 30 sharks in that area.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Beldin.5498

Really? I kill them almost on a daily basis because I want to max the underwater weapon kills. After 30 sharks I always have at least 2 scales. And it’s not like it takes a huge amount of time to kill 30 sharks in that area.

RNG is really the problem .. when i farmed Arctodus i sometimes get 3 T6 mats from
3 mobs and then i can kill 100 and don’t get one. Farming 30 minutes can result in getting
someting like 2-12 T6 .. an hour is mostly 10-20 ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Absolutely, I killed 2 Karkas in a row and got 2 Powerful blood, while it can easily be that I won’t get any for the next 30-50 kills. But then again I think it’s so boring and do something else or log off.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

RNG is really the problem .. when i farmed Arctodus i sometimes get 3 T6 mats from
3 mobs and then i can kill 100 and don’t get one. Farming 30 minutes can result in getting

Which is WHY most people farm ORR. You get the chance for a T6 as a drop and then an high probability of a Heavy Bag (that can also generate a T6 mat). Not to mention the sheer magnitude of targets and how fast they respawn. Just saying.

BTW, if you travel back and forth between Cursed Shore and Straits on a regular basis (hitting a few events in each area) you will NEVER hit the DR threshold. This seems to increase my T6 generation quite a bit.

Oh….rotate characters when doing the Straits to Cursed Shore path back and forth. In my experience, if I farm with only one chacrater, the DR seems to kick in quicker and more often.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

I know I’m going to be eaten alive by fanboys, but the problem with T6 is actually pretty simple. T6 is needed for every end game crafting. Which means there will always be demand. Steady demand = steady profits. Which is exactly what ANet doesn’t want you to have. You are supposed to buy gold for gems, not make it in game.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

Fractals drop them pretty frequently and it’s much better than killing the same mobs over and over. Temple events are good as others said. I also started with the clovers and those give t6 mat if the MF doesn’t give you a clover.. that’s another way to getting them.

Tried the karka and arctodus and I didn’t feel that it was a very efficient use of my time. The drop rate and the sheer boredom of it made me give it up rather quickly.

Where are the T6 mats?

in Crafting

Beldin.5498

Which is WHY most people farm ORR. You get the chance for a T6 as a drop and then an high probability of a Heavy Bag (that can also generate a T6 mat). Not to mention the sheer magnitude of targets and how fast they respawn. Just saying.

BTW, if you travel back and forth between Cursed Shore and Straits on a regular basis (hitting a few events in each area) you will NEVER hit the DR threshold. This seems to increase my T6 generation quite a bit.

There is no DR on T6 mats .. i really have that tested for a lot of hours in Frostgorge
up to 8 hours in a row and noticed after echt 30 minutes the number of drops.

DR is only on weapon and armor drops .. and that is not really that much money
if you farm T6.

Else .. i don’t like Orr .. i simply prefer the shiverpeaks areas .. also not that big fan
of farming in big zergs.